Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time Jeeper (buying used)

Im looking to buy a used Jeep and it'll be the fist Jeep i've ever owned. Im wondering how much i should offer for this jeep on autotrader.com. If the condition is as good as he says and he's asking $10,500 how much should i come back with? This is my first time buying a used vehicle from a private owner too. Thanks

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=en&cardist=2

find a TJ with a 4.0L. :2:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

granted that one has low mileage (39K), but a little over a year ago I bought my 98 Sport with 64K miles on it and only paid 7K for it. I have to 4.0L with auto tranny, AC, etc. Seems a little high to me.
      -Bob
      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

I'd like a 6 cyc but i just don't have the money the vehicle and the gas. I won't be doing a whole lot of offroading so a 4 cyc 5 speed should do me good.

Comment

the 4 cycl isn't going to save you all the much money.
          1. just doesn't get that much better gas mi
          2. You say you will not wheel it much but soon as you see how much fun you have that will change.
          3. Your post 6 month from now will read like this " I really like my jeep but now I wanna lift it what lift should I get... couple years later so how much will a motor swap cost!

Trust me on this one I know alot of members who if they could do it all over again would have bought a 6 cycl.
          Do not limit yourself right out of the gates. Search a little more and you will find a good jeep 6cycl
          Last edited by jimmyrig; 08-09-06, 11:56 AM.
          Head nut at Outdoorlogic
          Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
          www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

^ well said, jimmyrig is right, get a 6cyl and do it right the first time instead of messing with a swap later...
            -Allen
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

You guys maybe right about the 6 cyc, but im having a hard time finding jeeps in my area with that aren't too old and lots of miles on them. This seems to be the best used jeep i can find that's got low miles and not too old. I know it's just only a 4 cyc, but how much do you think i should offer this guy? KBB says $7685 but he does have the lift and new tires. I asked in an email how many inches the lift was and how big the tires were but i got no response.

Comment

Where are you at???? Cause I just checked the auto trader in my area (50 miles) and found a bunch...
                Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

it's hard to tell from that little picture, but it looks like it has at least 2" of body lift...
                  -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig
                    Where are you at???? Cause I just checked the auto trader in my area (50 miles) and found a bunch...
                    The autotrader link put up by the original poster is in South Carolina...
                    -Bob

Comment

Beaufort, SC. I haven't found anything in local classifieds and the onlines have a few that are too old or above my price range. Most posts are from dealers selling 2004-2006

Comment

You could find one out here and drive it back.... would be a fun way to bond with your new (soon to be obsession)
                        Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

the right price

Originally posted by jimmyrig
                          You could find one out here and drive it back.... would be a fun way to bond with your new (soon to be obsession)

Well said 'jimmyrig'. Hope Oz is listening to good advice and not just trying to justify a high price.
                          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Here's another one near my home town that's a 6 cyc but the miles are unlisted. I called him but didn't get an answer, i'll try again tomorrow. The thing is i won't be home for another 3 months so if he's in a rush to sell, it's a no go.
                            http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ng=&cardist=19

Comment

you're generally better off with a vehicle that hasn't yet been modified, ie lifted. less chance it's seen offroad abuse.
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X