Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one of the things i was worried about with the first jeep i posted. Who knows if that lift kit was installed correctly and how did they treat it afterwards. I looked at some jeeps using the zip code from Riverside, CA and there definitely seems to be much better deals. I just can't see myself flying all the way to CA to buy a jeep then drive it back. I might as well pay the extra price here and avoid the plane ticket, lodging, food, and gas. And what if the jeep is no good? Then i came all that way for nothing.

Comment

O.o I'm with Oz here. Going out to Cali to buy a jeep is a gamble. Unless you get in depth photos of the jeep, of every nook and cranny you may as well just be buying on trust alone. But yeah, I've got the 4cyl (Parents bought it for me, beggars can't be choosers) and it's alright on the road. If you're wanting to put tires bigger than 31" than that 4cyl will play hell pulling htem in 5th gear. And while they are pretty tough, the 99 DOES have a bit of leeway on horsepower...about 120 (I checked the stock specs yesterday on the Neon 4cyl they put in all 4cyl Jeeps after '95) but the 4cyl aren't real torquie. But also, well taken care of, a jeep will last...forever. As an old saying goes, a broken down jeep nver dies, it's merely recycled and lives forever! And my jeep has got 156K miles on it, and still runs very well!! But yeah...if you're looking to get a Jeep, do your best to find a 6cyl, cause I want one now...but the Bangers aren't beaters by far....
      WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

But that is what we are here for!!!!!! :yay:
        Find a jeep one of us can take a gander. If you book a one way far enough ahead then boom big savings. Plus I am sure myself included would offer you a spare bedroom! If you time it right you could even make a run with us.....(when I say us I mean everybody whos jeep is running ) I say keep looking also check the for sale sections on your local 4x4 boards. I am sure there is one like this that is based in your area. Also check the big sites Pirate4x4...just read and research or you will get your butt handed to you on there. If a 4 cycl is all you can get then go for it. At least its a jeep. Also buying an unmodded jeep is usualy a smarter choice. Unless you do not see you buget allowing for Mods anytime soon then a Tj with a basic suspenion lift and tires maybe a smarter choice. Just check it really good.
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig
          the 4 cycl isn't going to save you all the much money.
          1. just doesn't get that much better gas mi
          2. You say you will not wheel it much but soon as you see how much fun you have that will change.
          3. Your post 6 month from now will read like this " I really like my jeep but now I wanna lift it what lift should I get... couple years later so how much will a motor swap cost!

Trust me on this one I know alot of members who if they could do it all over again would have bought a 6 cycl.
          Do not limit yourself right out of the gates. Search a little more and you will find a good jeep 6cycl

I bought a 93 with a straight 6 and I am pleased...
          [COLOR="Magenta"]:tongue: [/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]LIVE EVERYDAY AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED, SO DO ALL YOU'VE DREAMED OF DOING[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Oz3050
            Here's another one near my home town that's a 6 cyc but the miles are unlisted. I called him but didn't get an answer, i'll try again tomorrow. The thing is i won't be home for another 3 months so if he's in a rush to sell, it's a no go.
            http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ng=&cardist=19

You in the marines OZ? Paris Island DI or going to boot camp? 3 months just wondering?

I have a buddy that lives by you that has an 02 sport with about 55000 on it and a 3.5 RE lift with MT 33s and MT Classic twos I know 2 months ago he was selling it for 11000 i will try and get ahold oh him and see if he still has it
            Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Working...
            X