Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, just realized I never posted any specs...

4.0L I6, 6-speed manual, D30/D44 (open and limited slip, respectively),stock 3.73 gears, quick disconnects, Milemarker pe8000 winch (wired into a switch on the dash, as the regular hand-unit plug is trashed) on a custom super-sized stinger w/ 2 D-rings and 2 tow hooks, heavy duty steel tube fenders, rock sliders, and rear fenders/side-sliders, 3" suspension lift with 31/10.50/15 BFG A/T's on the optional (but still stock) aluminum "Gambler" rims, rear tube steel bumper (cheap PoS), tow hitch with a d-ring receiver, pair of forward facing off-road lights (not currently attached... gotta figure out where to put 'em), hard top with a roof rack and a pair of rear-facing flood lights (stays off during the summer/spring, obviously, when it gets swapped for the windowless soft top which usually stays folded back out of the way), ZJ tie-rod conversion, brand new CB (brand escapes me at the moment) with a comically long antenna, fire extinguisher, and more emergency supplies/tools than I feel like clogging the post with. (Food, water, spare clothes, gas, tools, etc.) Anything I missed, it's probably safe to assume is stock.

About me: Attending Cal-state Fullerton as a Biology major with an emphasis in Ecology, Conservation, and Biodiversity, Eagle Scout, and living with my girlfriend/future-fiance of 5 years in a tiny little apartment. The jeep's our only vehicle (and therefore the DD), so gotta make sure I don't wreck it too bad.

There, think that covers just about everything that I probably should have mentioned in the first post...
    Last edited by EJS; 08-03-11, 03:50 AM. Reason: Knew I forgot something...

Comment

Originally posted by EJS View Post
      Been trolling around here for a bit, finally decided I should go ahead and sign up.
      Still relatively new to the whole jeeping thing (don't really have the time or money to get out as much as I'd like), so hoping to to maybe find some easier-moderate runs to get in on to help build my experience base so that as time and money allows me to build my rig up, I can test it out on more challenging trails.
      Hi Eric!

Your rig is good to go on a lot around here. We go out a lot..here lately, just to keep it local, Fraizer Mountain Park area. You have moderate and black diamond trails; 111,112, 113, 118/119, Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail and Yellow Jacket. I started with 31's, 3" lift and open diffs. Your rig is capable of doing all those trails I just mentioned. We'll be out in that area this weekend camping friday-sunday. Big Bear, Calico and Red Rock area are on the hit list before December. Anybody is welcome anytime! It's absolutely gorgeous on the trails right now!
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Eric,
        Where in Fullerton? I'm in La Habra at the top of Harbor, at the intersection of Harbor/whittier. Welcome aboard.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          Eric,
          Where in Fullerton? I'm in La Habra at the top of Harbor, at the intersection of Harbor/whittier. Welcome aboard.
          Just off Cal State Fullerton, corner of Placentia and Yorba Linda.

Comment

Originally posted by EJS View Post
            Just off Cal State Fullerton, corner of Placentia and Yorba Linda.
            I visit the arboretum regularly. Know right where you are. Welcome to MJR.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
            X