Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are on the 14 you cannot miss the ranger station. it is about 1.2 miles from the randsburg turn off.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Cantil....yeah I see that on the map, it's just south of the campgrounds...cool.

We do have a lot of people coming in from every direction it would seem, and I agree with Schmo I'd hate see us driving all over the place.
      Do we,Schmo, feel comfortable with those gps coord's and meet at the trail head? Or meet at the range station, were we can park tow rigs and whatever lil last minute things we need to do.
      If the ranger station isn't too far off the 14 or even visable from the 14 I'd perfer there, that is my thought.

Thanks,

Annette

Comment

Alright now we're in business!!! Thanks igofshn that did the trick and looks like what I remember.

See you guys at the Ranger Station @ 10

Annette - the directions that igofshn just posted to the Ranger station are very clear so I think we'll be fine meeting there and like you said, it will definitely be better for the guys with campers or tow rigs. Kinda nice to know where the trailhead is too in case anybody's running late and wants to catch up with us!
        Last edited by Schmo; 10-12-07, 03:23 PM.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

The ranger station it is

Thanks everyone,

Annette

Comment

I'll be honest with you. I have no idea where I am going that is why I am so happy that igofshn is going to be there. I do not know the area and if I was showing up by myself I would be winging it/ looking for GPS coords.
            Can anyone post up the trail head coords showing on a map?

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
              Can anyone post up the trail head coords showing on a map?

Here's what I was able to find on google and it does correspond with the Wells "SoCal Backroads & 4WD Trails" book. If you are coming from the 14, turn right (northeast) onto Redrock Randsburg Rd, trail head is 6 miles on the left. You've gone too far if you hit Saltdale Rd which is 0.3 miles past the trailhead.

+35° 21' 42.45", -117° 53' 54.43"

http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl

Well the link didn't work like I'd hoped, but just copy the cordinates and paste them in the Search Maps field and you'll be all set. Sounds like we might get some rain tonight and possibly early in the morning . . . that should help keep the dust down a bit!
              Last edited by Schmo; 10-12-07, 06:07 PM.

Comment

i would welcome some dust settling rain as long as it clears up for a campfire. ...... We can have campfires up there right? hmmm.... firewood?? Don't have any of that...

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                  i would welcome some dust settling rain as long as it clears up for a campfire. ...... We can have campfires up there right? hmmm.... firewood?? Don't have any of that...
                  Funny . . . David (Hwy420) and I were just talking about that! I wonder if the local gas stations have bundles of wood? I'd assume that campfires are allowable out there . . . other than some joshua trees, there's not much out there but dirt and rocks! All the reports I've been hearing for LA is rain tonight and possibly morning and the storm is coming from the north still keeping my fingers crossed though!

Comment

If your going in daylight, it's on the left ( north/west ) if going north. Can't miss it, really. There's only a couple things on the left. One is a gas/rental station, and then further up, you'll see the flags on the pole and a sign pointing for "Jawbone Canyon" . Although, I am not certain of the flags, I just remember it having them. Either way, it's not hard to spot. It's right off the highway so you can see it.

Sorry for the useless post. My browser didn't reload properly. :-(
                    Last edited by Mr. Orange; 10-12-07, 09:07 PM. Reason: page reload issue
                    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

I'll come along - Primo at 9:00

I know the area pretty well -
                      Kirk
                      1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Working...
                      X