Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo bourgar at 9 and the ranger station at 10.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I will be monitoring channel 20 & 4 on CB and will meet at Primo in Mojave. I should have a couple Jeeps w/ me. The locals in the AV will be meeting at the Costco parking lot off Ave L and the 14 fwy. around 0730 and leaving shortly after.

Comment

We're heading up tonight and camping at Red Rock camp grounds. Where is the ranger station in relation to the camp grounds?

See there and thanks,

Annette

LOST KJ West

Comment

Hey, Joe, I know the area ok. If it's the Jawbone Ranger station, then I know where it is. Red Rock is an excellent camp ground. 0700 is kinda early for those of us coming from SF valley. If those meeting at that time want to come back to the ranger station or somewhere in the Red Rock area, that would be great. I just think it would be to early to have to get up to meet at that time. My wife works full time and I don't want to take that much rest from her. I know sounds wimpy, but I'm lucky she enjoys the outings as it is.
          Just wanted to throw that idea out there, and see what happens.

Quick question as well, is the Primo burger in Mojave, or Lancaster? When I did a search for it, it only came up in Lancaster on divsion st.
          Is this correct?
          Last edited by Mr. Orange; 10-12-07, 10:58 AM. Reason: ? about where Primo is
          David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
          I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by highway420 View Post
            Hey, Joe, I know the area ok. If it's the Jawbone Ranger station, then I know where it is. Red Rock is an excellent camp ground. 0700 is kinda early for those of us coming from SF valley. If those meeting at that time want to come back to the ranger station or somewhere in the Red Rock area, that would be great. I just think it would be to early to have to get up to meet at that time. My wife works full time and I don't want to take that much rest from her. I know sounds wimpy, but I'm lucky she enjoys the outings as it is.
            Just wanted to throw that idea out there, and see what happens.

Quick question as well, is the Primo burger in Mojave, or Lancaster? When I did a search for it, it only came up in Lancaster on divsion st.
            Is this correct?
            There is supposed to be one in Mojave also.
            16862 Highway 14 in the Stater Bros. shopping center - (661)824-2012 (found on google)

Comment

Also, it looks like it is a fairly late meeting time of 1000 at the Ranger station.

Comment

Jawbone ranger station.

Comment

I googled a map of the area but could not find "Jawbone Range Station" between Mojave and Red Rock Campground. I did find one up near Ridgecrest, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Can anyone be a little more specific?

Thanks again,
                  Annette

Comment

Jawbone Canyon / Dove Springs
                    2811 Jawbone Canyon Rd.
                    Cantil, Ca. 93555
                    619-373-1146
                    Located 20 miles north of Mojave on Hwy. 14. Access is Jawbone Canyon Rd. and Dove Springs Rd. Steep canyons, hill climbs, and trail riding opportunities. Contains two designated "Open Areas" for a total of 8,750 acres of riding opportunities.

We normally use ch4 on the cb.
                    Last edited by igofshn; 10-12-07, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                      Also, it looks like it is a fairly late meeting time of 1000 at the Ranger station.
                      The late time will give everyone that needs to drive a long distance to get there. I'm coming down from the Fresno area.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                        Jawbone Canyon / Dove Springs
                        2811 Jawbone Canyon Rd.
                        Cantil, Ca. 93555
                        619-373-1146
                        Located 20 miles north of Mojave on Hwy. 14. Access is Jawbone Canyon Rd. and Dove Springs Rd. Steep canyons, hill climbs, and trail riding opportunities. Contains two designated "Open Areas" for a total of 8,750 acres of riding opportunities.

We normally use ch4 on the cb.

I tried that address on Yahoo Maps and like yazhi, the results I received are for RidgeCrest . . . Can someone verify the address?
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Google earth has it. MQ and Yahoo maps suck sometimes.
                          http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...&t=h&z=14&om=1

I don't think that area gets its own zip because it is too small, no population so they share w/ Ridgecrest.

Oh and BTW, I don't know how accurate that is for the address. I zoomed in as far as I could and didn't see anything resembling a building.

Comment

I beleive these are the coordinates for the Last Chance Cyn Trailhead (35.361791,-117.898452) and I've included directions from the begining of the 14FWY in Santa Clarita. If we can't determine the address of the Ranger Station, perhaps we should just meet at the trailhead???

1. Take the PALMDALE/LANCASTER exit onto CA-14 N go 90.3 mi
                            2. Bear RIGHT on REDROCK RANDSBURG RD go 6.1 mi
                            3. Turn LEFT on LAST CHANCE CANYON RD
                            4. Arrive at 35.361791,-117.898452

Comment

Hey HotRodOil,

This is starting to get way too confusing!!! Doesn't seem like we can verify the address of the ranger station . . . and I'd hate to see everybody driving all over creation. From what I can tell the green dot on the link you just posted is not close or on the way to the Last Chance Cyn trailhead. I'm thinking it might be easier to just meet at trailhead . . . any thoughts???

Comment

28111 JAWBONE CANYON RD @ HWY 14
                                CANTIL CA 93519
                                BLM's Jawbone Station information center, near the junction of Jawbone Canyon Road and S.R. 14 Mapquest and yahoo do not find the address so they go to the center of the zip code.

Comment

Working...
                                X