This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Chance Canyon

I am organizing a Last Chance Canyon run on Oct. 13th & 14th (for those that want to camp or only show up either day) More info here>> http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/...=227744#227744

I would love to find a couple people that are familiar w/ the area to come along and guide us to the cool/historical spots in the area. I will probably camp overnite on the 13th so others are welcome to also.

Please post up here if you think you can make it.
    Thanks, John

This is pretty far out, but I might be interested. cetrov is also pretty knowledgeble of the area.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

sound like a good time to have some fun & take the boy camping.I know the area pretty well too.
      95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

sounds like a fun run. ive been there a few times, i could find my way around. i think the only historical site around there is the calico ghost town. correct me if im mistaken.
        97' TJ, tera low 4:1, 60 HP rear, 44 HP front, arb, custom LA suspension, 37" MTR, warn xd9000i

Comment

Calico is not in the area he's talking about.Last chance is in red rock cyn area,off the 14.
          95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by scubatch View Post
            sound like a good time to have some fun & take the boy camping.I know the area pretty well too.

That would be great if you could be there and help show us around some! I am hoping to make a pre-run out there to get the lay of the land before the run but I doubt I will know all the details of the area from one trip.

Comment

I am in......... sounds like fun

Brett
              offroadwerkz.com
              (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

I'd like to join you, but need to wait till it gets a little closer. I am going to San Francisco the following weekend to help out with the Women's Nike Marathon and am not sure when the training/overview is going to be scheduled before we go.

I love Last Chance Canyon!! So, if I don't have any marathon meeting stuff, then I will definitely be there!

Comment

Well that sucks, Desert Jewel. Scott and I were planning another trip out to Afton canyon that weekend. Now you've gone and done it. Posting ahead of me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                    Well that sucks, Desert Jewel. Scott and I were planning another trip out to Afton canyon that weekend. Now you've gone and done it. Posting ahead of me.
                    :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by scubatch View Post
                      Calico is not in the area he's talking about.Last chance is in red rock cyn area,off the 14.
                      oh yeah my bad, got my berrings mixed up :confused: in that case the schmidt tunnel and talc mines are good ones to check out
                      97' TJ, tera low 4:1, 60 HP rear, 44 HP front, arb, custom LA suspension, 37" MTR, warn xd9000i

Comment

there are also 2 adopt-a-cabins in the area.One is at the start of gular wash.I've stayed there before,not to bad,and the other is on top of one of the mountains,not in the best of condition but a cool place to check out.

Comment

The top one is walsh cabin and it is very windy up there.
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I know this is still a couple weeks away but I wanted to get an idea if anyone is planning on camping overnight. I am still on the fence due to not knowing what my school work load looks like for that week. I know that there is at least one person now that is pretty sure they will camp out overnight.

Also, please post up if you have this run Inked on your calendar. Thanks.

Comment

I didn't realize that Last Chance was right there....:bonk:
                              I was there about six months ago...camped at Ricardo...and explored that area...Burro Schmidt was quite an interesting site. It was nice in there.

I do remember some signs saying that some directions are only passable during certain times of the year...Some thing to do with wildlife...

:homer:I just noticed the map you have linked states when it is ok..

I would like to run that area again. There were a few spots that I wanted to revisit...
                              I will follow this post, and hope that I can go when it comes time.
                              David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                              I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X