Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which part? The tipping or the jumping out?
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

As always Russ, you do such a great job with the pictures and movies stuff. Thanks.

Thanks to all, what a great time. All the pictures I took are located here http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...pan/?start=all

My viewpoint of Maxwell....doing what he loves to do.

"If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

had a great time with the group, both wheeling with the one's i've seen before and also meeting some of the new people. rookie schmo (joe) made it through just fine, with no breakdowns or damage, and even stuck around for holcomb creek after getting broken in on dishpan. hopefully we'll see him again soon. i took almost no pics or vids, but there are plenty of others on here that show the activities of the day.

highlights which made the trip exciting:

1. dirtman13 almost forgetting which way is up (dishpan)
        2. freeway dan's quote to me as i'm stuck on the waterfall of dishpan: "um..that's your diff. we should probably get you off of that."
        3. sharon putting Mr. Green through unnecessary abuse (holcomb)
        4. mtbikbob turning jacoby canyon into a solid "difficult" rated run with random boulder climbing.

my junk got beat real bad on this trip, so this weekend will be time to look it over, but i'll be back out soon.
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Thanks for sharing all the great pics everyone!
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I think I have figured out how to pull sections out of my video that I made. Hopefully these work:

Tam's Bad A$$ line up the Dishpan Falls:

Rick's climb up the face of the falls:

And Jim's tries at the falls were a little scary at moments:

I think that I can pull out anything that you guys want to see and post it or send it to you. Just let me know what you want to see!:dunno:
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
              I think that I can pull out anything that you guys want to see and post it or send it to you. Just let me know what you want to see!:dunno:
              ALL OF IT.... Mwuuaaaahhahahaa :devil:
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                ALL OF IT.... Mwuuaaaahhahahaa :devil:
                2x on that.
                Nice videos.
                Check out .

Comment

All of it will make Photobucket POP! But I'll see what other stuff that I can pick out that might be of interest. I know that I can get Dirtman13's climb up the falls and I think that I have most of Max7's run through the Holcomb Rock Garden.

[/COLOR]

Comment

All of it will make Photobucket POP! But I'll see what other stuff that I can pick out that might be of interest. I know that I can get Dirtman13's climb up the falls and I think that I have most of Max7's run through the Holcomb Rock Garden.
                    I would like to get that. I don't see any pictures posted of me climbing the falls.
                    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      I would like to get that. I don't see any pictures posted of me climbing the falls.
                      Well okay then! Here ya go:

I also have some vid of Maxwell's crawl through the Holcomb Rock Garden:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Sharon took some really good movies, now that I see my attempts, too much weight in the back. The front did not want to stay on the ground at all.

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                          Sharon took some really good movies, now that I see my attempts, too much weight in the back. The front did not want to stay on the ground at all.
                          Yeah, I'm not sure what I did differently exactly, but I try to stay to the right as much as possible, and I tend to keep the momentum up.

Here's a clip of my climb:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                            Yeah, I'm not sure what I did differently exactly, but I try to stay to the right as much as possible, and I tend to keep the momentum up.
                            Jim, When I saw Sharon's video, I wondered why your front axle didn't seem to have any flex; at first I though that you had not disconnected your swaybar, then I realized that it was because your front axle didn't have any weight on it at all. It looks like Mike's (Malachi) line was just a couple feet further to the right than your line; notice that your left tire was on the high spot and the line that Mike took put Mr. Green's front left tire just to the side of the high spot. It also looks like Mike was pointed in a slightly different direction, climbing the hill from left to right, instead of straight up the hill:

I'm beginning to think that it's not just baseball that's "a game of inches"; Jeepin' is too.
                            Last edited by Russ Chung; 07-26-07, 04:07 AM.
                            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                            KI6MLU

Comment

Nice videos Mike.
                              Jim, You just needed to move over to the right a little more and you would have climbed the falls easily.
                              Check out .

Comment

As long as I've been running Dishpan the best line has been to the right. It looks bad but if you go right as far as you can that's where you want to be. The left line is good too if your'e willing to creep up and tip alot.
                                I've watched a lot of jeeps go up that fall; slow and steady wins the day.
                                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X