Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear

Ok, I guess I'll start the report with just a few action shots. First, let me say what a great run. It was great meeting all of you and nice to run again with Mike and Sharon. Cody and I had a great time except when I got hung up on the rock and when we almost rolled. I know Russ got a picture of that. It will be interesting to see it from out side the Jeep.
    Started out on Dishpan and the waterfall. Mike making it look easy.

JeepGal went over the fall so quick I was only able to get one picture. Nice driving.

scherf68 taking the hard route. Just like Brian did that one time.

Help was on the way.

Rick hitting an nice angle.

This thing was awesome

Stop for a little lunch and to change my shorts. (Hopefully that will be explained in a picture later).

And of course Max. This picture doesn't do the climb justice. Max flew up this rock.

Bob had to think about it.

Quick little stop to let everyone catch up. Nice shot of the whole group.

Then we hit the Rock Garden on Holcomb. Sharon taken the most difficult route.

I think Max went back and forth here 5 times trying to find the most difficult way though he could.

Again Max trying to climb every rock on the trail.

All in all great trip. Can't wait till the next on. Dan, thanks again for putting this together.:thumbs_up
    Check out .

Great pics! Wish I could have made it, but I've already got plans to be in BB (Holcomb) next Saturday, July 28th with my local club. Couldn't get a pass for two weekends in a row!
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Thanks to everyone that came out to play.Russ i'll get you my pics,and the video so you can post them up
      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Great pictures!!! caught most of the essence of what went on...... I did not get a picture of that special moment, that required 'shorts changing'. Too busy running back down the trail with tow strap.
        Still loading up some pictures myself. I post only the good ones.
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Wow! Nice turn out. Wish I wouldn't have broke Saturday. Great pics, but who got one of Danny going up the falls?
          Glad ya'all made it safe and fun. Next time, baby...

Rat
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

No one did, i went the bob way.I have it on video

Comment

Chris, Christina, David and I had a great time

Sorry we flew past you guys at the "play area". Chris is susceptible to dehydration, and we had already ran out of water. (I had packed about 8 bottles...they went QUICK!) He was already starting to get a headache, so we figured we'd just keep going and finish Holcomb Creek.

Christina drove most of Holcomb Creek (including both the rock garden at the west end, and the middle rock garden.) Shes getting really good. I didn't even have to spot her at the entrance to Holcomb Creek. She drove from the beginning of Deep Creek to the waterfall She really wanted to drive the waterfall at Deep creek, which turned out to be the only obstacle I tackled all day. We finally let David drive some as well. He drove from the waterfall at Deep Creek to the lunch spot. His first time behind the wheel in the dirt and rocks

We drove past the Rough Riders coming in...hopefully they did a little brush clearing, as Holcomb Creek really needed some trail maintenance. The spot that Rick and Sarah rolled at could use some work again, its just as bad as before. The off-camber area near the east entrance to the trail is WAY better.

All in all, a great trip. It was great to finally meet a few of our newer members. And see some of the ones that we've met before.

We drove up to the yellow-post of our Adopt A Trail. It was clean, and aside from a freshly downed tree, nothing unusual. We didn't linger, and headed into town for water.

The folks at that Gas station on the corner of 173 and Hook Creek (next to Jensen's) were very friendly. A truly nice change of pace. No charge for air. And they allowed us to park the truck there all day (we asked permission first.) Also some kudos to the folks at Jensen's, for putting up with our abuse of the bathroom. Side note: Don't eat their hotdogs.

Zoe was OUT like a light on the way home. She also had a WONDERFUL time...as usual.

All in all, a great trip!

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
                No one did, i went the bob way.I have it on video
                What is "the Bob way"? Don't tell me it's the easy way. Not BobO...

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Is using the the tree the easy way??
                  The waterfall is too mighty for the not lifted enough Yj........Yet

Comment

I attempted the waterfall twice, first time I slid off sideways, heart rate 250, second time no bite, heart rate 350 and left a skid mark in the underwear. The waterfall beat me, I confess.

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                      I attempted the waterfall twice, first time I slid off sideways, heart rate 250, second time no bite, heart rate 350 and left a skid mark in the underwear. The waterfall beat me, I confess.
                      Don't sweat it. That section of trail has given just about everyone a heart attack at one time or another. Let's go do it again, you'll see it in a whole diffrent light. Pretty fun trail though, eh?

Rat

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
                        Is using the the tree the easy way??
                        The waterfall is too mighty for the not lifted enough Yj........Yet
                        Dude, your YJ is mightier than you give it credit for.
                        I'm gonna set up a "whole mountain run" (Cleghorn to John Bull) when it cools down this fall. Plan on it, that fall will be yours!

Kurt

Comment

It was a great trail, hopefully the heep is fixed soon, everybody missed you.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                            Whats this....pickin on 'no locker bob'. sure sure. I see how it is...you dont show and then just pick on us peon's.......
                            Ah...no worries we all had a great time. A new rubi piloted by Joe was fun to watch and good to see. The fever is spreading. We'll see lots more of Joe, I am sure.
                            Sure did miss ya, though.

Wait till it cools down? Its puuurfect right now! At least for Big Bear. Maybe not for J.V.

BobO
                            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                            (Charles Wells)

Comment

What an awesome trip! Thanks everybody, for helping me out and getting me thru. I really appreciate the advice, spotting, and especially patience. YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I hope to see you all on the trails again soon . . . we all know I need the practice!

Great pics, but somebody's gotta have one good pic-a-da-schmo so I can at least change my avatar???:dunno:

P.S. - Rookie Question #629 - Is the tie rod bar supposed to bend forward a little bit on the passenger side just before the threads for the connector or should the bar be perfectly straight? Decided to crawl under the jeep and actually try to figure out what all those parts were that I heard scraping!!! You spotters sure did an incredible job . . . the Rubi has a bit of personality now on the parts that should . . . sliders, wheels, those plastic bumper dealies, etc . . . but the parts that I was worried about were totally unscathed!
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X