Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome trip everyone!

I got home about 11:00 last night....no problems, but still unpacking the heep.

Erik--I still have your cooler.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

• this indeed, was an incredible trip! the first day was ROUGH! but we made it through without any people injured. there was a major roll over while towing a broken jeep back to the camp for it to be AA'd out to the town.
      i think the quote for that day was,
      "things just got REAL ugly" and, "thingd just went from bad to worse"
      well, after this roll over, a couple of us stuck arround to see tequila dan, and his jeep off of the trail to a safe camp, and the rest of the group moved to continue the fun.
      after getting dan up the narly hill to camp, those of us that stayed to get him out hauled ass to camp, and showed up about an hour before dark.
      what a gorgeous place this is! FANTASTIC! the rock gardens seemed to go on forever, and the slabs were great. for a wheeler, you can really have it ALL. you get water (deep), rocks galore, off camber, hill climbs.... you really get it all here.
      we had a great group of people out there, and everyone made it off of the trail.
      kirk went through 4 tires, and a lower control arm bracket.
      seaphan got a couple of nice body scars, and a bent control arm.i got a bubble in a tire, and a couple of strress cracks in the front fenders.
      i think that is about it for real damage on the trail besides dan, whose jeep took the roll.
      great trip guys! lets do it again.
      DUCY ERSHIM in september?
      i limped my jeep home about 20-30 miles at a time, and got home at 6:00 this morning! thanks for sticking arround til we got to town brian!
      i am absolutely exhausted.
      i think it is fuel line, or fuel filter related. i never got it resolved on the road... just limped the whole 400 miles
      pictures will come later..
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• the gate keeper

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• here's the group!
          Last edited by sarah; 02-07-08, 02:28 PM.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• as erik, brian, tammy, chris, rick and i were leaving tahoe, we encountered a thunderstorm that brought lots of rain! awesome with the doors off - especially when it turned to hail!
            Last edited by sarah; 02-07-08, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• here is a view from 395 of mono lake! we took the scenic route home and got in at about 1am. more pixs to come tonite in the gallery!
              Last edited by sarah; 02-07-08, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• damn you guys!!! looks like ya had a fun time.

i'll post pics of my next crappy run.. lots of cool scenery and a few waterfalls to climb.. but nothing decent.
                beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

• Awesome you guys. What gorgeous looking country.

Looks like you had fun!

Glad to hear that everyone made it home safe.

Comment

• Kirk
                    1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

• Well you guys covered it... what a great trip. I got back to the apartment at 4:39am. Pics will be up soon.

Erik... no problem... I think I owe everybody a favor for the display Saturday night.

I can't believe I haven't seen one mention of socks....:yay:

pics are here:rubicon
                      Last edited by blkTJ; 07-22-03, 02:23 AM.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• glad to hear you guys made it ok, gosh, so late! all of the pics looks so awesome! brian, your panos rock! were you able to get the pics i screwed around with off your cf card?

our photos are a work in progress, check em out here
                        MJR Rubicon Photos

as of right now some of the links don't work, oh wait! rick's the man! he fixed em! day 2 and 3 on the way tonite!

Comment

• yeah Sarah, I meant to call you, all the pics were fine.
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• AWESOME TRIP!!!

Even with the early mishaps and such, it was absolutly amazing.

I can not wait to run it again!!
                            Thank you everyone for making this trip so enjoyable! It was everything I dreamed of and more!

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• ... and all of those bear comments were just plain torture - there were no bears! lots of mosquitoes - lots and lots! - and quite a few lizards, but other than that there were no annoying wild creatures.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah
                                ... and all of those bear comments were just plain torture - there were no bears! lots of mosquitoes - lots and lots! - and quite a few lizards, but other than that there were no annoying wild creatures.
                                and leaches!!! Tammy has some really good pics that I'll try to post . . . if I can break into her Imagestation
                                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X