Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Chance Canyon 10/25/03 pics

I think that everyone enjoyed a good day of wheeling today.I had tons of fun but,I had some problems along on the trail.First,I went up a rocky section on my 31's and slid off the a rock right onto the front driveshaft and oil pan.So we jacked it up,and pushed it off.As we were pushing it off the jack,it fell on the exhost.Ekk,now my jeep sputters because the little metel tube that goes around the cat is in two.Next,a bit down the trail the jeep starts making funny noises.Pop the hood and guess what we find.I was 1 quart low on oil!Must have been from that rock I hit.Anyway,we put enough oil in to make it to mojavi and then,ahh!It is a quart low again!My jeep was leakin' oil like there was no tommorow!Went to the 76,and bought a couple quarts of oil.Then we had to fill it back up 60 miles down the road.Got home only to find that simi is on fire.All in all a pretty exciting day.here are the pics,enjoy;
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...ulation_page=Y

sorry to hear about your oil pan. glad you made it home o.k.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Damn I missed another fun run ! . Looks like a good time was had again

Comment

Looks as it was a great run sorry I missed it.
        Taz

Comment

here is a great couple we met at the " silver dollar"

group shot! brian, where are you? skeeered?

i made it! and didnt break anything

here's sparkey! slight mishap, but no damage....

chris ran the notch, unlocked, with the help of some great spotting.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341

chris ran the notch, unlocked, with the help of some great spotting.
            RIIIIIGHT!!!!

-----> <----- = good spotting

It was a good time as always!!!

Nice pics guys . . . any more?
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Looks like fun My Jeep woouldn't have made it

So what's the deal with that couple
              *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
              Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
              Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

sunset on the ride home.

top of the hill - the whole group.

I didn't get lots of pictures due to the video camera operation.

I was doing that more.

Oh well, here's the link.

Videos will be done soon if anyone wants one - will be all the best of the best. tips, almost spills and all that good stuff from Last chance, miller, rowher, doran, the rubicon etc.

anyone interested???http://cetrov.com/lccoct252003/lastchanceoct2503.htm
                Kirk
                1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Oh yeah, would anyone mind if I used their pictures for the website? giving credit to who took the pictures of course.

Sulley? you have some great shots.

Erik?
                  Kirk
                  1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

We Had A Great Time....

.....even though the last five Jeeps got left in the dust. Thank God for Big Rick and Terry. They helped get us, Steve, and Sparky out when we had no idea where we were. No hard feelings toward MJR, but maybe a trail boss should do a head count every so far to make sure no one gets left behind. With 16 Jeeps its always easy to lose someone. Anyway, Patty drove the whole run, and she did great. Looking forward to wheel'n with the MJR group again!

Comment

Question?

Was this when we did the last big hill?

Over the radio the Rubi driver stated that all were going to come up - at the top you can't see the bottom of the hill, we were sitting there waiting for them to come up. Then Erik said that the rubi was not coming up I told him to tell the rubi driver to follow the same road to the end and we'd meet you all down there. Erik called out that message to all the jeeps that didn't come up. When we got to the bottom we waited until we were in radio contact with all of you again - we asked if you were going to go to randsburg which we got a yes reply. At that time we advised just to turn left on the road and follow it to randsburg where we would hold a table.

Sorry if anyone felt left behind or lost at anytime. We stopped for everyone at all intersections. Never have we left anyone or left a broken rig on a trail.

Everyone needs a good working radio and to be able to contact everyone at all times. We had a radio in front and we had a sweep person - how it got out of line I don't know. I was under the impression that those who stayed behind on the hill had some idea of the area and where to go. I heard no questions but I was out of range after the top of the hill, that was why erik was playing relay.
                      Last edited by Cetrov; 10-26-03, 11:49 AM.
                      Kirk
                      1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288762537

One for MJR...

Last edited by igofshn; 10-26-03, 12:15 PM.
                        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I dont mind anyone using my pics.Have fun!

Comment

Thanks to all, we're happy to find an active group. Everybody pitched in to help when needed. I think we could have built another jeep from all the parts and expert advice we had along on this trip.We had a great time out there.
                            We did have to feel our way down off the mountain. No big deal, just keep pointing downhill. I think the mix up was when 5 or 6 of us just sat it out on the bottom of that last big uphill till the jeeps were well over the top, by the time we got up that hill the main group had moved on. Also with all those corners it was hard to check your back for trailng rigs.
                            So we're coming down the 14 and see the cloud of smoke,normally we take 126 to grimes canyon and on to moorpark/camarillo. uh-oh. Radio says 126 is closed, 118 is closed, 405 is jammed solid. We kind of suface street to the 101 which is loaded up as well. Takes an extra hour to get home but the area is in flames, we live at about 1100 feet and can see walls of flames on 2 sides of us.
                            (5-6 mile away though) Very intense nite moving horses around for others and keeping a fire-watch for ourselves. Wind could shift it back around so we'll be at it again tonite.
                            Again many thanks to our new friends and trail partners. Brian, Kyle(sully),Greg, and James.

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/19134/fire_home.jpg

I dont know how to post a pic in the post?
                            Last edited by JeepGal; 10-27-03, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brian4.2
                              Thanks to all, we're happy to find an active group. Everybody pitched in to help when needed. I think we could have built another jeep from all the parts and expert advice we had along on this trip.We had a great time out there.
                              We did have to feel our way down off the mountain. No big deal, just keep pointing downhill. I think the mix up was when 5 or 6 of us just sat it out on the bottom of that last big uphill till the jeeps were well over the top, by the time we got up that hill the main group had moved on. Also with all those corners it was hard to check your back for trailng rigs.
                              So we're coming down the 14 and see the cloud of smoke,normally we take 126 to grimes canyon and on to moorpark/camarillo. uh-oh. Radio says 126 is closed, 118 is closed, 405 is jammed solid. We kind of suface street to the 101 which is loaded up as well. Takes an extra hour to get home but the area is in flames, we live at about 1100 feet and can see walls of flames on 2 sides of us.
                              (5-6 mile away though) Very intense nite moving horses around for others and keeping a fire-watch for ourselves. Wind could shift it back around so we'll be at it again tonite.
                              Again many thanks to our new friends and trail partners. Brian, Kyle(sully),Greg, and James.

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/19134/fire_home.jpg

I dont know how to post a pic in the post?
                              Prayers are with you. Be careful and don't leave too late. It is never too early to leave. I am so glad to hear that you've been successful in moving the horses. Too many people just forget the animals.

Thinking of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X