X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cetrov
    Question?

Was this when we did the last big hill?

Over the radio the Rubi driver stated that all were going to come up - at the top you can't see the bottom of the hill, we were sitting there waiting for them to come up. Then Erik said that the rubi was not coming up I told him to tell the rubi driver to follow the same road to the end and we'd meet you all down there. Erik called out that message to all the jeeps that didn't come up. When we got to the bottom we waited until we were in radio contact with all of you again - we asked if you were going to go to randsburg which we got a yes reply. At that time we advised just to turn left on the road and follow it to randsburg where we would hold a table.

Sorry if anyone felt left behind or lost at anytime. We stopped for everyone at all intersections. Never have we left anyone or left a broken rig on a trail.

Everyone needs a good working radio and to be able to contact everyone at all times. We had a radio in front and we had a sweep person - how it got out of line I don't know. I was under the impression that those who stayed behind on the hill had some idea of the area and where to go. I heard no questions but I was out of range after the top of the hill, that was why erik was playing relay.
    I, too, thought those that stayed behind had plans to take a different route... never was it part of the plan to make anyone feel left behind, or "ditched". i hope there are no ill feelings... but it seems that at times some of the group wants to go its own way, and see some other sites. i thought that was what was happening this time.
    i was under the impression that the group that stayed at the bottom of the hill was going to follow that road out onto the pavement....
    sorry for the mis-communication.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

What a great trail ride!
      If anyone needs help with installing or buying a CB let me know.
      It helps alot to be able to keep informed on the trail.
      I am going to buy a linear this week, it will help me reach out a little further if needed.
      I know of a CB shop in Sunland who has all the goodies.
      I lost a step to a rock
      I pulled off the remaining step, now I need some rockslides.
      456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry
        What a great trail ride!
        If anyone needs help with installing or buying a CB let me know.
        It helps alot to be able to keep informed on the trail.
        I am going to buy a linear this week, it will help me reach out a little further if needed.
        I know of a CB shop in Sunland who has all the goodies.
        I lost a step to a rock
        I pulled off the remaining step, now I need some rockslides.
        I will keep that in mind. I want one of those cute little CBs that has the controls in the mic because I can't have a big box hanging out there for the wildlife around here to steal.

Hmmmmm Christmas coming up...Hey Santa!

Comment

chuck has one of those cb's.. ask him how he likes it.. i think he does
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I just took a CB that had all the controls in Mike out on my jeep as it was not loud enough.
            the volume does not go very loud on the Maxon brand. I would try the Cobra. The only draw back is if you drop the Mike it is like droping the whole CB. I would put a regular CB with a plug for easy removal. The cost is about 1/2. Yiy can also put on a quick conect on the antenea.
            T
            456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Actually Before That.....

Originally posted by Cetrov
              Question?

Was this when we did the last big hill?

Over the radio the Rubi driver stated that all were going to come up - at the top you can't see the bottom of the hill, we were sitting there waiting for them to come up. Then Erik said that the rubi was not coming up I told him to tell the rubi driver to follow the same road to the end and we'd meet you all down there. Erik called out that message to all the jeeps that didn't come up. When we got to the bottom we waited until we were in radio contact with all of you again - we asked if you were going to go to randsburg which we got a yes reply. At that time we advised just to turn left on the road and follow it to randsburg where we would hold a table.

Sorry if anyone felt left behind or lost at anytime. We stopped for everyone at all intersections. Never have we left anyone or left a broken rig on a trail.

Everyone needs a good working radio and to be able to contact everyone at all times. We had a radio in front and we had a sweep person - how it got out of line I don't know. I was under the impression that those who stayed behind on the hill had some idea of the area and where to go. I heard no questions but I was out of range after the top of the hill, that was why erik was playing relay.
              ....when the group left the hilltop where the picture of all of the Jeeps was taken, not everybody was ready to go. Patti and I managed to get to our rig and catch up, but the 3 behind us did not. Big Rick(the gold Rubi) stayed at the bottom of the big hill to wait for them, but finally Patti got them on our walky-talky and guided them to the hill. We all met at the top. Lost. Lesson Learned: don't go Jeep'n without a CB! We are not Boo-hooing, feel'n sorry for ourselfs, or blaming anybody(except TommyT). We had a lot of fun, and it was Patti's first run behind the wheel. We look forward to seeing evrybody again

Comment

My dad and I were only in contact with each other.On our 2 way hand walkies.My jeep was a quart down on oil at the start of the begining of the last big long hill.Let tommyt by and I think chris.Then we followed chris down a few wrong roads,but it was all good.Once we got our bearings together,we high-tailed it down the mountain.

Comment

Again sorry to the folks that were left behind.

I know how lost can feel out there, the first few times I was out there I was alone and had no idea where Last Chance Canyon was but had read about it and wanted to find it.

I got a flat tire and had no jack with me - that's how I met Dave and Toni at the burro schmidt mine - went up there to borrow tools.

anyway, I saw a few still sitting at the top of the hill but then I saw the gold rubi at the bottom of the big hill, thinking everyone was there and no one saying anyone was behind, I figured a few didn't want to do the hill and continued on the road to the asphault.

Next run - everyone try and get a radio.

Kirk
                  Kirk
                  1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry
                    I just took a CB that had all the controls in Mike out on my jeep as it was not loud enough.
                    the volume does not go very loud on the Maxon brand. I would try the Cobra. The only draw back is if you drop the Mike it is like droping the whole CB. I would put a regular CB with a plug for easy removal. The cost is about 1/2. Yiy can also put on a quick conect on the antenea.
                    T
                    Ok, if we can figure a quick release system for the CB (I would just be worried anytime I had to leave the Jeep out of my line of sight. Why don't they create detachable face CBs?)

Is there a way of clipping the mic to the seatbelt? Sort of like the way cops clip their mics to their shoulders? Then you just have to reach up and hit a button and talk. No fumbling. That would make that Cobra mic a lot more appealing.

But I am in agreement. CBs are needed. It's not like on horseback where you can yell and be heard. Things are just too noisy and move too fast to go without one.

I wish I could get one before PVD but there might not be enough time.

Comment

I think I will mount one in my lockbox.Dont want to get it stolen now do we?

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
                        I think I will mount one in my lockbox.Dont want to get it stolen now do we?
                        I see you are still here. Guess the fire skipped you.

Comment

Yup,but it is still raining ash and the sky is covered in smoke.

Comment

Working...
                          X