Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHAHAHAH! I can only imagine...So tell us Chris L....How many times did you have to yank him out? And you know what? Even after he got his Jeeps (XJ and TJ)more modded...we still YANK HIM OUT all the time Ya gotta love it
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

The other side of this is that this group thinks you can do stuff that you don't think you can and then in order to protect your sensitive male ego you do it and are so completely shocked that you could do it you think you can follow Tam around while wheeling and load your shorts every time she takes an obstacle at speed.....Or maybe that's just me.

This sounds like fun. I'm gonna try to make it. If I'm not floating in the gulf or something equally exciting. I will have 33's and I should have a locker or two by then. Oh, and btw who wants to help me install a no-slip?
      I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
      1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Nah, the time I'm thinking of it wasn't stationary rock, it was stationary cliff. She hit a little woop fast and was up on two wheels for a brief second. Yeah, I loaded my shorts a little.
        I'm a Daddy!!

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
        1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
          Nah, the time I'm thinking of it wasn't stationary rock, it was stationary cliff. She hit a little woop fast and was up on two wheels for a brief second. Yeah, I loaded my shorts a little.
          I remember that . . . WOW!!!
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I was skeered. I've decided since that I won't follow too closely to her. You know, like 30-40 yards back. Unless she breaks 15 mph, then I'll have to back up a little more.
            I'm a Daddy!!

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
            1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Now after my trip to last last chance, to get a good feel for the XJ, I'm looking forward to now driving the Con. Of course is was fun riding/spotting, I need to see it from the drivers seat.

BTW if everyone agrees the first rule should be "No gatekeeper=No Con". It's better to turn around at the start then to realize it when it's too late.
              I have 2

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
                I was skeered. I've decided since that I won't follow too closely to her. You know, like 30-40 yards back. Unless she breaks 15 mph, then I'll have to back up a little more.
                Was it YOU that was behind me?

I remember this vividly...I was too bullheaded to ask you to back up...and knowing full well I was taking the wrong line, proceeded ahead...sigh...live and learn. My passenger said she was looking out the door (no doors) at the ground

Its funny, but part of learning to drive offroad, and especially in rocks, is learning to take your foot off the gas. Its a sign of inexperience more then a sign of stupidity. Im a lil bit better at that now...just a little.

Tam

Comment

Got the 33's, now I need the locker. Hadda bail the brother-in-law outta jail (don't ask, she made me) so I don't have the dough right this second, but I should have it before July. Hopefully.
                  I'm a Daddy!!

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                  1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

I would like to be included in this trail ride.
                    I think that this trip should have a trail boss, one or two of the longtime MJR guys or gals.
                    Also a selection process to see who is included as breakdowns or not properly prepared jeeps will be difficult for all. Maybe a prerun meeting would be helpful too.
                    For me this is a longtime dream to run and proper planning will only make it a better and safer experience. I would trailer my jeep to Tahoe so we could get home a broken rig.
                    456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

be glad to see you there terry.
                      you have reinforced some points made earlier in the thread.
                      this will likely be broken into groups. i think 2 should do the trick. it seems there is a lot of intrest in this run [as there should be]
                      it could not be more clear that unprepaired rigs have no business on this trail. a broken rig makes the trip HELL for everyone. not just the people in your group... sometimes for everyone on the rubicon. there are places that are impassible if a jeep is broken in the right place.
                      lets DO this!
                      Last edited by NAILER341; 02-17-04, 11:20 AM.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Is there a date yet?
                        I'm a Daddy!!

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                        1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Look up.. It's a sticky.......
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Rubicon Trial Planning

Comment

Alright so I'm a little blind. I'm not gonna make this one. My father is coming out for two weeks with his new lady friend (Yay Dad!) to visit so I'm gonna have to pass. I'm going with some guys from Jeepaholics the first week in August if anyone wants to check that one out.
                              I'm a Daddy!!

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                              1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

I also would love to be included for this trip. My jeep is
                                ready and I can't wait to check out the scenery. TJ terry
                                and I have been talking about it and prepping the Jeeps.

Comment

Working...
                                X