Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60%, 75%, 90% chance of body damage. Hey, thanks BLKTJ for ruining it for us... NOW EVERYONE'S GOING TO WANT TO GO!!

The truth is out of the trails I've run, Wrecking Ball is the only one that got me. Not bad, but I did come out with a little memento. According to the VV club Wrecking Ball is the most difficult and most popular trail, and will probably be filled up.

Yup, this is nothing like Kansas, err Big Bear, anymore. Honestly guys, this area is all rock, very technical and there is a possibility of damage. But you can get damage anywhere, even Big Bear. There will be spotters. And once the run starts everyone works together.

Comment

Spectator fun? Our rigs dont sound nearly up to the challenge, but there must be some educational and fun factor just by watching isn't there? I have this time off and I'll be danged if I dont wanna get out there and at least SEE the hammers, since I've heard soooo much about them and I live practically next door to JV.

I've heard of a "back entrance" that cuts through the Marine Base here... course ya gotta dodge the artillery. Maybe I'll just take 247.

Nagal, any chance you wanna go with?
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
        MmmmK,
        I got a room at Super 8 YV. I'm set there. I want to run Jack or Sledge, but since you've done these trails before I'll trust you to pick the best cherry-popper for me.
        Yeah, I violated Jeep Virgin but he went willingly. Even had a smile on his face, and his Dad-in-law seemed to think it was just a walk in the park. You should have seen Freewaydan (aka Airtime) on Holcomb. SOB almost flopped HARD! And blamed it on moi! Juz cuz I was spotting him. Man! I get no respect...
        I haven't seen the pics of Stuart yet. Danny is supposed to post up some pics later. My camera was at home relaxing. I think you and I should go hit 2N17X, spend a whole day there. I garr_annn_ty you'll enjoy it. Lots of deep ruts and off-camber to play on, and some real tight squeezes with lots of steep terrain. And we only hit about 4 of the many X side trails.
        Rat
        and you know that would have all been your fault too! The Jeepin' gods where on my side that day! Let me know when you want to hit 2n17x I'll go with ya
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

My last trip out to JV we followed behind on a trail with the Buggy guys and 4x4TV, on what what claimed as a new trail called "Highway 20 trail". Has anyone else heard of this one?

Comment

Originally posted by goin big
            My last trip out to JV we followed behind on a trail with the Buggy guys and 4x4TV, on what what claimed as a new trail called "Highway 20 trail". Has anyone else heard of this one?
            yup, it's been around for awhile now. I've never seen it first hand though.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I think Tin Benders coined Aftershock as the rookie trail. Still, the end is quite technical, and requires having blind faith of your spotter to avoid personal and vehicular body damage.

Have fun out there guys, and try not to get in over your heads.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Hi All, is M.J.R. going to have a campsite like they did at High Desert Roundup ?

Comment

From the roll call looks like only three of us are going to this one uh?... that is a surprise?
                  "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj
                    From the roll call looks like only three of us are going to this one uh?... that is a surprise?
                    You'd think it wouldn't ya? I have a feeling there will plenty more where we come from...I have noticed the trail run traffic has slowed down considerably. Is everyone getting burned out, broke, or, like me, working to damn much?

Rat
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Johnson trails

What trails are we gonna hit? any suggestions ? I was told outer limits is a good one and we don't have to winch up a waterfall ! I am open to suggestions just don't want to get in over my head and test out my new cage. What time do you guys want to meet up Saturday ? Is kevin gonna make it in that bad ass off road machine ?
                      moon buggy
                      5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                        You'd think it wouldn't ya? I have a feeling there will plenty more where we come from...I have noticed the trail run traffic has slowed down considerably. Is everyone getting burned out, broke, or, like me, working to damn much?

Rat
                        Saving my $$ for some much needed steel. I may wander out and just say hello and watch some. It's not far from home.

Comment

Trails

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
                          Saving my $$ for some much needed steel. I may wander out and just say hello and watch some. It's not far from home.
                          Im going to run claw hammer. I had a person to ride with me to take pics and vids but thats not going to happen now. ANY TAKERS?
                          Wheres Russ Chung when you need him

Comment

Im going to run claw hammer. I had a person to ride with me to take pics and vids but thats not going to happen now. ANY TAKERS?
                            I'm going to be wheeling near Lake Isabella. I figure that the wheeling season there is about to end, so I want to get one last run in before the trails close for the winter, whereas the wheeling season in Johnson Valley is just beginning.
                            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                            KI6MLU

Comment

I have a camera... I can see pretty good... my fingers work most of the time... Lemme make sure I'm locked in to be there and then I'll commit.

Comment

Johnson Valley Trail Rides

Desert Valdez, just let me know. Your more than welcome to ride with me. If you got a good camera for pics and vids bring it. Ill be there friday and saterday morning doing tech. inspections so I will be easy to find.

Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 09-28-06, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X