This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun In The Desert 15

For those that love rock crawling this is a good event to go to. Victor Valley Four Wheelers puts on the event there is breakfast, dinner, raffle on saterday night after the runs. For those that know about Johnson valley
    already know how technical it is. "LOCKERS ONLY" no open diff. 65 on site registration http://home1.gte.net/res8w168/id18.html
    here is a link for run info http://mysite.verizon.net/res8w168/f...txiv/id10.html I myself will be there all weekend...MATT

[roll]287[/roll]

Last edited by sarah; 09-17-06, 11:43 AM.
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Shari and I will be there. I've talked to a few others from MJR that might also go. There are trails rated from 3+ to 5+. The early sign-up ended Sept. 1st. If your interested you can sign up Friday night or Saturday morning at the event.
    Last edited by Double AA; 09-10-06, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I will be at that one from Friday- Sunday that is in my back yard....

Comment

Is anyone staying in Yucca valley friday night ? I sure hope to see BIG AIR DANNY there. If you, Kurt or fernando want to share a room friday let me know.
        Stuart
        moon buggy
        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Johnson Valley

Originally posted by Double AA
          There are trails rated from 3+ to 5+
          5 + .... it makes Big Bear and Calico a walk in the park,... lots of fun.

Comment

Shari and I will be there. I've talked to a few others from MJR that might also go. There are trails rated from 3+ to 5+. The early sign-up ended Sept. 1st. If your interested you can sign up Friday night or Saturday morning at the event.
            Andrew,
            I have to sign up on Friday. But I'll be there no matter what, so if I can't run the trails with event I'll watch you. Where to stay? Yucca Valley? Missed you on Saturday at BB. Had a blast on Cleghorn and 2N17X.
            Rat
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin
              Is anyone staying in Yucca valley friday night ? I sure hope to see BIG AIR DANNY there. If you, Kurt or fernando want to share a room friday let me know.
              Stuart
              Sorry I will not be making this event, I'm still tasting seat cushin
              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                Andrew,
                I have to sign up on Friday. But I'll be there no matter what, so if I can't run the trails with event I'll watch you. Where to stay? Yucca Valley? Missed you on Saturday at BB. Had a blast on Cleghorn and 2N17X.
                Rat
                I called the Victor Valley club and was told you can sign up either Friday night or Saturday morning in JV. They said it shouldn't be a problem getting on the runs of your choice with the exception of maybe the Wrecking Ball. I ran that trail once before, and it's real tight. We're staying in Yucca Valley at the beautiful Yucca Valley Inn. I dont know, we threw a dart. If anyone knows a better place, please let us know.

Sorry we missed the run last weekend. I hear you violated the Jeep Virgin. I saw the pictures of him on the side hill with his jeep strapped. Cool, nice work. He won't be a virgin too much longer. Not after the Hammers anyhow.
                Last edited by Double AA; 09-11-06, 02:12 PM.

Comment

What TRAILS ?

I called the Victor Valley club and was told you can sign up either Friday night or Saturday morning in JV. They said it shouldn't be a problem getting on the runs of your choice with the exception of maybe the Wrecking Ball. I ran that trail once before, and it's real tight. We're staying in Yucca Valley at the beautiful Yucca Valley Inn. I dont know, we threw a dart. If anyone knows a better place, please let us know.

Sorry we missed the run last weekend. I hear you violated the Jeep Virgin. I saw the pictures of him on the side hill with his jeep strapped. Cool, nice work. He won't be a virgin too much longer. Not after the Hammers anyhow.
                  what trails are you guys planning on running? Im still debating myself, I missed summer meet and greet so I guess i get to see some of you out at the Hammers. Im not sure how much free time ill have as im working the event because im a club member... I owe Kurt a beer anyway...MATT

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj
                    what trails are you guys planning on running? Im still debating myself, I missed summer meet and greet so I guess i get to see some of you out at the Hammers. Im not sure how much free time ill have as im working the event because im a club member... I owe Kurt a beer anyway...MATT

Maybe you local boys could give us some insite. I'm not sure how many trails will get in. Alot of that depends on how many break, and how long it will take to clear the trail. It's been a few years, but I've been on most of the trails. I'd like to run Jackhammer again, and I haven't been on Outer Limits yet. What do you and 4XINTJ think?

Comment

MmmmK,
                      I got a room at Super 8 YV. I'm set there. I want to run Jack or Sledge, but since you've done these trails before I'll trust you to pick the best cherry-popper for me.
                      Yeah, I violated Jeep Virgin but he went willingly. Even had a smile on his face, and his Dad-in-law seemed to think it was just a walk in the park. You should have seen Freewaydan (aka Airtime) on Holcomb. SOB almost flopped HARD! And blamed it on moi! Juz cuz I was spotting him. Man! I get no respect...
                      I haven't seen the pics of Stuart yet. Danny is supposed to post up some pics later. My camera was at home relaxing. I think you and I should go hit 2N17X, spend a whole day there. I garr_annn_ty you'll enjoy it. Lots of deep ruts and off-camber to play on, and some real tight squeezes with lots of steep terrain. And we only hit about 4 of the many X side trails.
                      Rat

Comment

Sounds good. Maybe next month after we're done licking our wounds from the Hammers.

Yep, Stuart's a good guy, definitely up for a challange. I'm sure we'll have a blast!

And Matt, I noticed Kurt didn't mention it, but last weekend he gave up alcohol, shaved his head and started chanting. So I'll be by to pick up his beer.

Comment

Sounds good. Maybe next month after we're done licking our wounds from the Hammers.

Yep, Stuart's a good guy, definitely up for a challange. I'm sure we'll have a blast!

And Matt, I noticed Kurt didn't mention it, but last weekend he gave up alcohol, shaved his head and started chanting. So I'll be by to pick up his beer.
                          Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... ha

Comment

Maybe you local boys could give us some insite. I'm not sure how many trails will get in. Alot of that depends on how many break, and how long it will take to clear the trail. It's been a few years, but I've been on most of the trails. I'd like to run Jackhammer again, and I haven't been on Outer Limits yet. What do you and 4XINTJ think?
                            If I may add my :2: ...

I've run just about all the "non-buggy" trails with the exception of Jack so I can't comment on that one.

Lower Big Johnson is about the easiest stretch of rocks out there. That said I've seen steering, track bar, locker and axle shaft damage on it. It's a good warm up.

Upper Big Johnson is considerably more difficult but doable and fun, ask Erik.

Aftershock is fairly straight forward until the end but plenty of fun can be had. This is a good choice if you've got a few newbies, it won't scare 'em until it's to late to turn around.

Claw hammer is a moderate and damn entertaining trail. Plenty of rocks and some nice ledges. some of the lines arn't obvious. This would be my pick to introduce a friend to the hammers.

Sunbonnet is a long way out and a fairly long trail but a good time. I've only run it once. :dunno:

Sledge is classic JV. it's not a long trail but it's packed full of BIG ROCKS. if you want the most bang for you're buck the first time out this is the trail. sign the log book at the mailbox. 60% chance of body damage.

Wrecking Ball is mentally and physically punishing. Unless things have changed, the last waterfall is winch mandatory. I wouldn't do this one first time out. 90% chance of body damage.

Outer Limits is probably my favorite trail in JV. Plenty of challenging obstacles. Two waterfalls that may be winch mandatory. The trail head is far from the lake bed and the trail isn't short so this one sometimes ends after sundown. 75% chance of body damage.

and to finish up the afternoon I highly suggest checking out the buggies at Back Door. Not suitable for a SWB Jeep but damn entertaining to watch.

anyway... that's my :2:
                            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Very well put blkTJ

Comment

Working...
                              X