Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back: Big Bear

Ok, Time to go back and conquer D.P.
    Beat it to dust. Prove to the locker community, "It can be done without lockers".

Do what some of you guys did a little while ago...what'd ya callit? A trifecta? Start at D.P. Run it uphill, over to Holcomb, exit Holcomb and off to J.B.?

Any takers, onlookers or otherwise interested Jeeprs?

BobO

Yes rat, Joy is not going.
    And I'm not telling her either.

[roll]296[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 09-08-06, 03:10 PM.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

I would be interested in that run. is there anyone from the meet and greet that i ran with that would like to come also ?
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
      Ok, Time to go back and conquer D.P.
      Beat it to dust. Prove to the locker community, "It can be done without lockers".

Do what some of you guys did a little while ago...what'd ya callit? A trifecta? Start at D.P. Run it uphill, over to Holcomb, exit Holcomb and off to J.B.?

Any takers, onlookers or otherwise interested Jeeprs?

BobO

Yes rat, Joy is not going.
      And I'm not telling her either.
      Bob,
      You rebel you. Your secret is safe with me. Why not start at Cleghorn and do the entire BB run? It's a blast, and DP will be right in the middle of it all, uphill to boot. If we don't screw around, it's a day trip, a long one, but a day trip.
      I'm IN!
      Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
        Bob,
        You rebel you. Your secret is safe with me. Why not start at Cleghorn and do the entire BB run? It's a blast, and DP will be right in the middle of it all, uphill to boot. If we don't screw around, it's a day trip, a long one, but a day trip.
        I'm IN!
        Rat

Doors are coming off, finding a way to mount mirrors. Top taken off. Last rock rash rubbed out. The gloves are off, gas tank full, hat set on straight, wearing sunglasses.......Cleghorn it is. What time?
        I take it breakfast will be at the McD's at the 138 exit at six and Cleghorn at seven?
        Packed and ready to rock!
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
          Doors are coming off, finding a way to mount mirrors. Top taken off. Last rock rash rubbed out. The gloves are off, gas tank full, hat set on straight, wearing sunglasses.......Cleghorn it is. What time?
          I take it breakfast will be at the McD's at the 138 exit at six and Cleghorn at seven?
          Packed and ready to rock!
          Looks like you have all the fine points covered. See ya there. You better hope Joy doesn't skin us both alive for this...
          Rat
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

b/b

im there if thats ok, sounds like a fun day.//Kevin

Comment

I"m working on taking off that saturday i might join in on this, if thats ok??
              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

going the distance

Originally posted by freewaydan
                I"m working on taking off that saturday i might join in on this, if thats ok??

Of course, come on along. Love to have ya.
                It twill be fun.
                C.B. channel 4

BobO
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Kurt, when and what time are you going up?
                  The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

hmmmm...tempting. :dunno: yet though...
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

So what exactly is your plan? Start where, do what trials, and end where? Are you going to do what Rat suggested?
                      92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler
                        So what exactly is your plan? Start where, do what trials, and end where? Are you going to do what Rat suggested?
                        Hi Paul,
                        Yes, following Rat Patrol again. He leads a good trail.
                        Cleghorn at 7:00 a.m. Thats the Cleghorn rd. exit off the I-15 just before the Hi-138 exit. I will probably be having breakfast at the McD's at the 138 turn off around 6-6:30, fuel up there as well. Then coast down to the Cleghorn exit, air down, pull sway release pins and be ready for instructions at Cleghorn at 7:00 a.m.
                        The whole Big Bear ridge from Silverwood to Big Bear lake. I can't name all the trails yet, but memory of the map is...... Cleghorn up and over to Silverwood lake, then I think its called Pilot Rock up to the ridge over heading east.....which drops us off near the beginning of D.P.. D.P. completed is near the beginning of H.C.. Then drift off to J.B. According to Kurt this is a full day. Dinner in Big Bear. Pack a lunch, bring lots of water(liquids), parts of pieces for jeep, flashlight...... you know what to bring, I'm just playing around here. But it should be lots of fun for me, no gasping or comments concerning my ability to drive from the passenger side of the vehicle.

All this on Saturday, the 9th.

Hope you can come,
                        BobO
                        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin
                          im there if thats ok, sounds like a fun day.//Kevin
                          Sure its ok. Taking it from Kurt, it promises to be a full day. So it looks like you'll be coming around the mountain to the I-15.
                          Meet at the Cleghorn rd exit at 7:00 am the 9th. You have a C.B. in your rig?

if you can make it, see you there.
                          BobO

ps. Why does your avatar make your jeep look more like a ford bronco or chevy blazer?
                          Last edited by Mtbikbob; 08-29-06, 10:08 AM.
                          (Charles Wells)

Comment

I'd love to come (probably try to hitch a ride, as I'm still the 'low-rider' of the Jeep world) but the 8th is Tiffany's b-day and we're planning on having a little beach party on the 9th!
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy
                              I'd love to come (probably try to hitch a ride, as I'm still the 'low-rider' of the Jeep world) but the 8th is Tiffany's b-day and we're planning on having a little beach party on the 9th!

Hey congratulations on Her Birthday.
                              Have a great time celebrating. Cool. Tell her happy birthday for us as well.

Bob/Joy
                              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
                              X