Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Bear Meet and Greet '06 (3 Merged Threads)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeepnzj
    we-me and a coulple of my kids went to look for your wheel. i didnt really know where exactly to look, but i had a pretty good idea, this is before you told me exactly where it happen Rick. so we will go look again its only about 20-25 mins away, so its worth a shot, and from what i see i dont think anyone will just stumble across it soon. i think it dropped down a pretty good hill-cliff. //Kevin
    Thanks Kevin. I watched it go by me and down the raveine. It didn't hit anyone or anything on the road. It's pretty steep with a lot ob vegetation. Depending on my time this weekend, I will go back and check also....I'm sure it will be easier looking during the day....but I'll bring a flashlight too..LOL
    1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
      The only sad part was that the weekend was marred by a fellow off-roader's death. We had just run WM less than an hour before that happened, with two noobs (matterdaddy and screwball). I was bossin, and I think now how bad I would have felt if that would have been one of us.
      Thanks again for the guidance, advice, and even that tug to get my stocker over those rocks! I never felt in danger of rolling or anything, just breaking my dana 35! It's a shame that the weekend had to end with that, it's just scary knowing we were there just before that happened! Looking forward to seeing your pictures! http://jeep.matandtiff.com/ has some of the pics, and a couple videos I took on White Mountain.

Originally posted by rat patrol
      I guess thats natures way of reminding us to pay attention. I now wonder what kind of pressure SBNF will be under to see that this doesn't happen again. Lets hope that cool heads prevail.
      I hope cool heads prevail too, the Sierra Club and other liberal nazis (does that make sense?) are already getting away with too much!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

For anyone with an account and wants to upload, here's a link to the photo album:
        http://myjeeprocks.com/forums/galler...?c=599&userid=
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sam 15
          but I'll bring a flashlight (OR) tWo..LOL
          I fixed that for ya! LOL

Glad to hear ya made it home with little to no damage to you or your rig! A wheel coming off and passing you sounds like something that would happen to me!

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~ (Going to check my nuts...)

Comment

It was great meeting everyone and putting faces to the screen names.

Here is our report:

Tracy and I left the IE about 10am on Friday. We took Hwy 38 through Mentone up to Big Bear. We arrived at Hanna Flat around noon and set up camp. We hit the trails and drove 2N12, 2N71 and 2N09C up to Bertha Peak and then back to camp. Low temperatures Friday night were in the low 40’s.

We did the MJR Meet & Greet on 2N84A Little Bear Mountain on Saturday morning. When we left, Tracy, Bill, Bill, Ray, Matt, Tiffany, Ed, Yvette and myself headed for 2N13 Snowslide and 2N13C and headed up the mountain to Butler Peak Lookout.

Over to Grey’s peak Group Camp for lunch. From there we headed to 3N80 Delmar Mountain to 3N12. Anyone that wants a steep, slippery climb should try 3N80 from 3N12. From there we drove 3N16 to 3N07. We drove 3N07 and it’s spurs all through the northern side of Holcomb Valley before taking Van Duesen South into town for ice and blankets. Back at camp at 4:30. We sat around the campfire until 10pm and called it a day. Temps were much more moderate on Saturday night in the low 50’s.

Sunday morning Tracy, Tyler, Bill, Bill, Ed, Yvette, Max, Aimee and myself all made the trek up Gold Mountain from Hwy 18.

Once down the trail we hit 3N16 and headed for lunch on 3N32. We headed South on 2N09 Polique Canyon for Hwy 18. From there we headed back to camp and loaded up for the trip home. We had pizza at Village Pizza at 5pm and stayed for an hour before Tracy and I headed for home.

Weather was near perfect and all in all it was another fabulous weekend in Big Bear.
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

FishPOET, nice job. Great group photo, and that is just the poeple who hiked to the top. There were about half that many waiting down below with the Jeeps.

Comment

It was good to meet a bunch of you on Saturday!! Tha' Mrs. and I had a good time (as always with MJR-ers)

Here's some pic's. I tried to catch everyone coming up the hill but the camera didn't cooperate. I'd try and put a name with the pic's... but I'm horrible with names.

Did you hear a clunk?!?

Rick Rocks

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

As was already mentioned, Saturday morning we went to the adopted trail and meet a lot of new people.

And just in case anyone got lost, there was a sign post with directions to anywhere any of us would want to be on a Saturday morning.

Comment

Then some of us went to John Bull for the afternoon. There was a breakdown that had us stalled for a good hour and a half. Once we made it to the top we stopped for lunch and had a chance to meet several other members.

Comment

Then it was off to Holcomb Creek.

Kevin and Jeremey showing the short wheel base boys how it's done. Nice setup.

Paul and Parker in their YJ. Paul had a little problem with his front spring, but had it repaired and back on the trail in no time.

Yours truly.

Rick.

Another Rick (Sam15)

This is Don (Critter57). He's a member of the Waywegos and know's a thing of two about 4 wheeling. If you break, you want Don around. That's one well equiped Jeep.

Comment

The final trail for the weekend was Dish Pan Springs. The group size was down to four, Kurt, Bob, Paul and me. This was the first time Shari and I ran this trail. The falls were a blast.

Paul coming down the falls.

Kurt showing everyone how a good suspension works. My favorite photo of the weekend.

Another shot of the Trail Boss showing off. Here he is scaring the cr*p out of my sister Laura. It's nice to know there's somebody taking care of my job when I'm not there to do it myself.

I took a different line coming up the falls.

Comment

No Bob, I didn't forget about you. Not by a long shot. Bob is our favorite noob, and is our pick for Rookie Of The Year. This is the second weekend we spent wheelin with "I don't need no stinkin lockers" Bob, and he did not disappoint. Kurt gave Bob the easiest line down the falls. But Bob would have none of that. So bob wound up a little sideways on the hill.

Well, you guys know how it goes, we've all been there. Bad turned to worst.

And Bob's right. He don't need no stinkin lockers, that is as long as he has a 230 pound counter weight. What this picture doesn't show is his rear tire is way up in the air and he's titering right on the edge of a flop. He really didn't have much to worry about, there was a nice big rock about three feet away that would have kept him from going completly over.

By now, Joy was about fit to be tied. When Bob first got into this mess she told him "you better not scratch that flair". At this point we're way past plastic flairs. So Paul, being the big sensitive guy he is, wanted to say someting to calm Joy down. He tought for what must have been a good good half a second and hit the nail right on the head when he said "how many payments you have left on that Jeep?"

Bob did get out of there.

But not without his first taste of rock rash.

And so, once again a good time was had by all.

And here a shot of "My Little Picture Taker" Shari, who took all the pictures.
                          Last edited by Double AA; 08-21-06, 05:55 PM.

Comment

EXCELLENT PICTURES makes me feel like I'm there right now... can't wait to get the jeep rolling again.
                            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

nice pics everyone.

had a great weekend, thanks to all who attended. cya on the trails next time. :yay:
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Man i wish i could been out there last weekend, I stopped buy the hanna flats campground to pick up a bumper from my buddy stewart, if any of you saw me i was in a black XJ. Looks like it was cool out there. Hope you all had fun. Hey Rat who was your lady friend? first time ive seen you with a passanger.
                                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X