Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Bear Meet and Greet '06 (3 Merged Threads)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew, fantastic pictures. Your "little picture taker" ranks right up there with Russ Chung. Thats a HUGE compliment. Man did I have a good time. I will be there to scare Laura anytime you need me! She kept me so busy I kept losing track of where I was going. Nothing new there, eh? THose pics of Bobs jeep are my favorites. He was leaning a little further than I thought. Thats too funny what Paul asked Joy, I wish I could have heard that. I'm suprised Paul made it off that hill alive...
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Doug,
      Great pics. It was great to meet you and your wife. Once again, more nice people it will be a pleasure to know.
      Rat

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
        Man i wish i could been out there last weekend, I stopped buy the hanna flats campground to pick up a bumper from my buddy stewart, if any of you saw me i was in a black XJ. Looks like it was cool out there. Hope you all had fun. Hey Rat who was your lady friend? first time ive seen you with a passanger.
        Allen,
        Sorry I missed you at Hanna Flats. You missed some great wheelin. The lady freind is Andrew's (DoubleAA) sister. She wanted to go on a run, and I was more than happy to have a good lookin lady sittin shotgun. After Dishpan I don't know if she'll ever want to ride with me again...

Comment

Oh man, I heard about you and your disphpan runs, my roomate ran it one time with you and i saw him holdin on for dear life out there, then again i was with Brian, it wasent much different in his Cj hahah. Hopefully i can get out there again soon.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Hey Kurt,enjoyed running with you, been working on the cruiser today to try and figure out why it doesn't start at times, getting to be real annoying. Replaced the starter, and cables, and building a heat shield to protect it from the exhaust, which is about 4 inches in front of the starter. Other upgrades will be fuel injection around the first of the year. That will be nice to get away from the carburetor. Hopefully see you in the future, I'm always up for a day trip on Saturdays, Kevin

Comment

Great pics you guys, it was a definate pleasure meeting some new faces and wheelin' with you'all. Kurt, thanx for letting us share a spot with you and thanx for the excellent food, you're an awsome cook and a good friend. My nephew and I had a blast. Here some pics of my minor damage ( I only say minor because thank God I had an extra center pin!) and some cool shots.
              My jeep wanted to leave without my axle.

Goodtimes! Great driving Bob.

More pics http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/paulhead/BBear/
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

looks like everyone had a good time.Hopefully my back will get better soon so I can start wheelin again.:mad:
                95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

I had a great time. This is the 3rd MJR event I've been to and again was not disappointed. Always nice to put faces to screen names. I would have liked to have run the harder stuff but the Jeep is still feeling the sting of the Rubicon trip. Live to wheel later I guess. Great campsite, great company. Got to do some AAT stuff and get some fishing and camping in with my boys before they have to go back to school.
                  Mark (FJ Crawlin), you may have a funny looking Jeep :yay: but you sure can cook up some great Dutch oven grub. My boys asked when I will be getting one. Didn't see you at the Dam on Sun. I looked at my watch and saw it was a little later than when I said I would be heading out. Took longer cleaning up the camp site and saying goodbyes.

Comment

GREAT Pictures..... my favorite, is the one of Kurt scarin the heck out of Laura. Jeep all perched up, posing for a sky shot. Good job Shari, caught em in the act of flying!!

I think color has returned to my face since my near roll over exchange, leaving me with a kiss on the side.
                    Thanks all....it was a fabulous weekend!!
                    BobO
                    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                      I had a great time. This is the 3rd MJR event I've been to and again was not disappointed. Always nice to put faces to screen names. I would have liked to have run the harder stuff but the Jeep is still feeling the sting of the Rubicon trip. Live to wheel later I guess. Great campsite, great company. Got to do some AAT stuff and get some fishing and camping in with my boys before they have to go back to school.
                      Mark (FJ Crawlin), you may have a funny looking Jeep :yay: but you sure can cook up some great Dutch oven grub. My boys asked when I will be getting one. Didn't see you at the Dam on Sun. I looked at my watch and saw it was a little later than when I said I would be heading out. Took longer cleaning up the camp site and saying goodbyes.
                      Jason,
                      Better get Mark to show you how to use one if you get one... :tongue:
                      Rat

Comment

Paul,
                        Great pics. The ones of Bobs jeep on Dish Pan are freakin awsome! BTW, I thought you and Parker were going to BB to see his freind, that's why I shagged arse down the mountain. Sorry bout dat...
                        Rat

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                          GREAT Pictures..... my favorite, is the one of Kurt scarin the heck out of Laura. Jeep all perched up, posing for a sky shot. Good job Shari, caught em in the act of flying!!

I think color has returned to my face since my near roll over exchange, leaving me with a kiss on the side.
                          Thanks all....it was a fabulous weekend!!
                          BobO
                          Did you see the pics Paul took? Check out the photobucket link.
                          Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                            Did you see the pics Paul took? Check out the photobucket link.
                            Kurt
                            Yes I did, Paul got some great shots. Thanks Paul! I'll have to print it out and place in on the dash board with a heading of, "What not to do".

Maybe its time to find some rockers with the tube on the side. It would have minimized my damage and would give us something to hook to when we do roll over.

BobO
                            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                              Paul,
                              Great pics. The ones of Bobs jeep on Dish Pan are freakin awsome! BTW, I thought you and Parker were going to BB to see his freind, that's why I shagged arse down the mountain. Sorry bout dat...
                              Rat
                              Naw, I looked at the time and realized we would be getting home late (did'nt walk into the pad 'til 9:40) and I had to work at 6am. Plus I had to creep down the hill, brakes started to get a lil hot. But that 460 pulls like a friggin' elephant, drinks gas like one too.
                              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Funny thing is Jason I noticed my mailman delivering mail today and thought it was you and those well-mannered boys in the Jeep. Grab a dutch oven and you'll leave the Coleman stove in the rafters. Let me know if you need some delicious receipes.

Kevin, his wife and I fished the dam for a bit. With little (zero) activity we packed up and headed off in different directions. Really enjoyed your conversation and look forward to the next trip.

Mark

Originally posted by Jason
                                "run forest, run!"

Comment

Working...
                                X