X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big bear summer meet-n-greet!!!

Camping info, directions, dates, etc:
    [roll]292[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 07-15-06, 11:27 PM.
    "run forest, run!"

mee me me meee mee me meeeeee

Comment

The meet and greet sounds good to me but the 17th does not....can't make it on that day. If it changes and I'm free, I'm in.
      1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Originally posted by sam 15
        The meet and greet sounds good to me but the 17th does not....can't make it on that day. If it changes and I'm free, I'm in.
        this event has no scheduled date at this time.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I was kinda thinking about a family oriented pot luck BBQ with some carne asada and the fixings. Perhaps inviting Greg and some of the OHV volunteers to show a little appreciation for all they do for our trails and forest lands...

I think an area like Juniper Springs would be ideal. Maybe camp overnight and hit a trail or two? Thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? What weekend dates can we all agree on?

Mark
          "run forest, run!"

Comment

Juniper Springs group camp ... Can't say I've been there, but maybe we can get something closer to town, or camp on our Yellow Post #5 - it's free, and we can get people out to see our trail. :2:
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I drove through Juniper s prings. Looks like a great s pot, Though I would bet it can get really gnatty during the hot months with the standing water that is nearby, unless its all gone by then. Its a large site and near Pontiac Sluice.
              Supe
              97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
              Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Three things:

Originally posted by sarah
                Juniper Springs group camp ... Can't say I've been there, but maybe we can get something closer to town, or camp on our Yellow Post #5 - it's free, and we can get people out to see our trail. :2:
                1. How many people/rigs can camp at that yellow post? I've wondered in the past and now there is an opening to ask. :dunno:

2. I'd support the pot luck for sure! That would be a lot of fun! Ya'll probably never had spinach and peanut butter cassarole! :beer: :pizza:

3. As far as a date... PLEASE think about making it after the 13th of July... I have a grand total of TWO days off until then, and neither are on a weekend. Don't let me be the deciding factor in the date, just if possible after the 13th.

I hope I can make it on the specified date!
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
                  1. How many people/rigs can camp at that yellow post? I've wondered in the past and now there is an opening to ask.
                  I looked up the camping permit rules, and it doesn't say. Maybe Old Fart knows... http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ng/index.shtml
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'm hoping for a decent gathering and am only familiar with the springs to accomodate the rigs. Open to any area...as long as there is room
                    "run forest, run!"

Comment

Count me in if after mid July. I hope to meet some of you.
                      [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence
                        Count me in if after mid July. I hope to meet some of you.
                        I'm in! I say we just take over BB...

I'm thinking more than 5-6 jeeps and the 2N84 yellow post will be swamped. How bout out in Holcomb? There are a lot of areas right off 3N16 that might work. I'm not the expert though, so I defer to those of you who are. I'll just show up. If I don't get lost... Back to fishin... C YA
                        Rat
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sounds good 2 me........but i work weekends so Im out till Aug
                          Im up for anything on select tues or weds.
                          87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
                          ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
                            I'm in! I say we just take over BB...

I'm thinking more than 5-6 jeeps and the 2N84 yellow post will be swamped. How bout out in Holcomb? There are a lot of areas right off 3N16 that might work. I'm not the expert though, so I defer to those of you who are. I'll just show up. If I don't get lost... Back to fishin... C YA
                            Rat
                            June 17th is the weekend of FOrest Fest, plus there is a FJ event that weekend in Holcomb Valley
                            the area is going to be swamped
                            best do it another weekend as everyone and thier brother will be up there watching everyones cousin doing trails
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                              June 17th is the weekend of FOrest Fest, plus there is a FJ event that weekend in Holcomb Valley
                              the area is going to be swamped
                              best do it another weekend as everyone and thier brother will be up there watching everyones cousin doing trails
                              June 17th is the meet in valencia.

Mark can't make that one.

That is the reason this other meet is being planned.

He was thinking July or August.
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X