This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Materdaddy
    I'm a Jeep/wheelin' newbie. Can somebody please list the expected trails and their difficulty? I've actually never taken my jeep out, and am itching to! My profile has my rig's specs. Open Diffs, no lift, 30" tires, and the dreaded D35. I'll stay with my Uncle who has a place above the moonridge area in Big Bear if I can make it (and if there's any stock friendly trails). Thanks for any info! :geek:
    There are plenty of trails that your stocker can handle. No worries. And if you want to see what the harder trails are like I'm sure you can hitch a ride with someone. So don't let the trails keep you from coming. You'll meet lots of good folks there.
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Materdaddy
      I'm a Jeep/wheelin' newbie. Can somebody please list the expected trails and their difficulty? I've actually never taken my jeep out, and am itching to! My profile has my rig's specs. Open Diffs, no lift, 30" tires, and the dreaded D35. I'll stay with my Uncle who has a place above the moonridge area in Big Bear if I can make it (and if there's any stock friendly trails). Thanks for any info! :geek:
      I have a similar Jeep with an exception of a 3'' lift. Many trails in Big Bear are absolutely great for jeepn. After what I saw and experienced this past weekend, if you have armor (skid plates) there is nowhere you couldn't go. Maddmike proved that in his stock, open diff on John Bull and Gold Mountain. Of course you need to know that you are going to do some kind of damage on the undercarriage on trails such as these.
      However many trails such as Butler Peak are absolutely breath taking. I am sure in our group there will be those taking trails rated moderately and easy, and then there the extremists. Wishing to temp fate and undercarriage, challenging their skills against the boulders strewn in the way by mother nature. I am fast becoming one of those.
      Either way you will have a fabulous time jeepn and meeting some of the nicest folks you will find anywhere in the jeepn world.
      If you dont have maps of the area that shows difficulty rating, meet up with us at the start location and we can share map info.

Enjoy,
      BobO
      Last edited by Mtbikbob; 08-02-06, 08:06 AM.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

• Well, no armor yet. Planning a lot of stuff for the jeep, but some of it has to wait as I'm also planning a wedding! I want a tummy tuck eventually, and gas tank/engine/steering skids. It all takes time! If there's groups going on the easier/moderate trails, I'd be all for it! I'm going to call my Uncle later and see if it's OK for me to come up that weekend! I'll try to let you all know a.s.a.p.!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• I'm in. This will be my first time with the MJR crowd and I'm looking forward to it. I will be up sometime late Friday night, gotta work that day.

I'm up for easy to medium trails, anything except rock crawling type. I'd even be interested in helping out with any of the trail maintenance work.

Bill

Comment

• It doesn't appear that the campsites are disappearing! We picked Hanna Flat so everyone could be together ... so if you don't have your site yet and want to camp with the group, it's better to get a spot sooner than later. I'm not sure how booked this place gets, but here is the link: http://ra1.reserveamerica.com/jsp/co.../newindex.html
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• hanna flats

well they will only take 26' rv and mines 32' trying to get somewhere close to you guys. bummer, would have liked to stay with your group, new i should have got a smaller one but having the room is sweet, especially with the kids. any suggestions, i usually dont stay the weekend in big bear since i live so close, but would like to.///Kevin

Comment

• Camping

There are 12 sites that are 35' and longer, are they all reserved? There is overflow parking by the campground host for the extra vehicle.
                I might come up for the day on Sat.
                Last edited by TDS SD; 08-02-06, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• 32'

just got off their site and it states that they will not accomodate any rv over 26', so i called the number and the lady said to check the website.??? theres a few spots where i can just pull over and park it for free right up the road from hanna flats, might just do that, cheaper just no fire. hmmm,

Comment

• Originally posted by jeepnzj
                    theres a few spots where i can just pull over and park it for free right up the road from hanna flats, might just do that, cheaper just no fire. hmmm,
                    Dispersed camping is allowed unless the fire level reaches extreme and then dispersed camping will not be available. Dispersed camping is not allowed within 1/4 mile of State Highways, designated campgrounds, picnic grounds, improvements, trailheads and private property or where other signs specifically prohibit it. Certain riparian areas require a 1 mile distance away to camp. Campfires are not allowed while dispersed camping. Dispersed campers must use existing turnouts (must be completely off the road) or spur roads.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin.../forder2.shtml

TTORA will be north of Holcomb Valley dispersed camping
                    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N34+18...9232&t=h&hl=en
                    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah
                      We picked Hanna Flat so everyone could be together
                      I will be in spot #77
                      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• Looks like we'll be neighbors, I'm in spot 76
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah
                          It doesn't appear that the campsites are disappearing! We picked Hanna Flat so everyone could be together ... so if you don't have your site yet and want to camp with the group, it's better to get a spot sooner than later. I'm not sure how booked this place gets, but here is the link: http://ra1.reserveamerica.com/jsp/co.../newindex.html
                          Do you have room for me, by chance?
                          "run forest, run!"

Comment

• I am new to your group and jeepin and i am in site 82 with my minnie RV i am open to any trails , my rig is more capable than i am.( 06 Rubi 6" lift and lots of skids) But looking forward to gaining some experience so that i will feel more comfortable off the road with my kids in the jeep. Hope to meet some wheelin buddies
                            See you Friday !
                            moon buggy
                            5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

• Originally posted by FJ Crawlin'
                              Do you have room for me, by chance?
                              blktj has claimed half of our site. i'm sure there's others that have room, though, for the price of the sites, it'd be silly not to share.
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• The Reserve America site is currently down. So, I'll try tommorrow. I will only be camping Friday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X