Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assyrianjeep
    thanks allot fellas a great trip, we really wernt with the MJR crew we were kind of by ourselfs for the whole run a groupe of 6 of us but we had a great time. thanks allot to dave and mike we had a great time. i didnt really get that many pic but once i get my hand on them i will post. great run

Justin
    I know I can speak for dave as well and it was a great last run for us here in southern california. We had a great time leading the group from the gatekeeper to odessa. Thanks again for all who helped get my draglink back to within 1/4" which actually lasted the rest of the trip. Dave already welded his shock back on but noticed his front differential housing is now cracked. Good thing he is swapping the axle out when he gets to his new base. Thanks again see you guys on the trails (maybe)
    '06 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
      Here's my recollection of the "unfortunate events"
      3. red ZJ (from our group, I feel bad for not rmembering the name) bends a drag link 2 hours into the run. finaly un-bent by driving against a rock.
      Just for the record, I did not bend a draglink, It was someone else

*EDIT* fixed the quote tags
      Last edited by sarah; 04-10-06, 09:15 AM.
      95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by BadXj
        I know I can speak for dave as well and it was a great last run for us here in southern california. We had a great time leading the group from the gatekeeper to odessa. Thanks again for all who helped get my draglink back to within 1/4" which actually lasted the rest of the trip. Dave already welded his shock back on but noticed his front differential housing is now cracked. Good thing he is swapping the axle out when he gets to his new base. Thanks again see you guys on the trails (maybe)
        Sorry we didnt' get to say goodbye to you and Dave ... we ended up at the back of the pack.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks to all...

We had a terrific time. Loved visiting with everybody, the new and the old faces. Yes, everybody seemed to be having fun. I too was surprised at all of the damage. Thankfully we got everyone off the trail.

Nice coverage Russ. Good pics by everyone so far. Let's see some more!

Once we got firmanJJ back off the trail Sunday Erik and Jasmine, Sherry and Nick and I, went over to Calico and hiked back in to Wall Street Canyon. The end is where the ladder originally was that took miners up and down from the top of the mountain to town. Very scenic and remote, nice and quiet back there. Worth a walk when any of you get back up to that area again.

The kids wanted to see the town again, so we walked up into town and had a snack and then headed out for the return trip home. Traffic was heavy going thru Victorville and down the 15. We got home about 6pm.

Thanks again everyone. Nice bunch, these MJR folks. Can't wait to do it again.

Chris and Sherry Brown

Comment

Sounds like everyone had a great time. I didn't make it this year due to Sean and I having a bad cold and since we can't put the back panels on it was decided not to go. How was the Ghost Walk?
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Any Pics Of My Green Tj Anyone

Originally posted by brian4.2
              If your picture isn't here and you think I took it, just post, I took over a hundred.
              Like most people I take pics or vids of other peoples rigs in action. I seen people taking pictures or vids of me on the trial and was wondering if they could post them or PM me so I can get them. PS> thanx for a great
              time my first time out with you all....MATT Apple Valley, Ca.
              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj

Like most people I take pics or vids of other peoples rigs in action. I seen people taking pictures or vids of me on the trial and was wondering if they could post them or PM me so I can get them. PS> thanx for a great
                time my first time out with you all....MATT Apple Valley, Ca.
                Hey Matt,
                If you look in the link that Russ Chung posted in his post #13 above, I believe there are some pics of your rig in there. :thumbs_up
                -Bob
                '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
                  4. broken rear Dana 35 spider gears 3 hours into saturday's run. able to limp back to base camp for repair. (our group, which jeep was this?)

I had an excellent time this weekend. After we all got moving on saturday I this everyone had a great time and there was some great wheeling to be had by all that stuck through the rough starts. It was great to meet the faces behind the names, and also newcomers of which I wasn't familiar with the names. I hope to see you all out on the trails soon.
                  This was my wife's YJ. Again, super shout out to Erik & Rick, Supe & Brian and Chris for getting me the help I needed to limp her back home. I know Erik drinks Diet Coke so I've got him covered but the rest of you guys will have to PM me your drinks of choice. I owe ya'll big time.

Also want to send out a thanks to Tammy, I know I must have been getting on her last nerve with the YJ's "acceleration problems".

Someone pointed out that breaking the 35 isn't exactly carnage... it's more of an eventuality. I'll be shopping the junk yards for that swap we discussed. Wife and I had a GREAT time out there though. I think the Jeep suprised her with it's capabilities even as stock as it is. I heard Tam tell many more people than just myself, "Your Jeep is more than capable, you just need more time on the trails & listen to the more experienced folks." Also, I gotta mention how impressive her daughter's driving was. I have some video of her going up one of the ledges if I can just find some place to upload it.

I learned tons about what I need to do to the Jeepquickly, what I can probably wait on doing... but most about what I REALLY need to bring to the trail with me. Speaking of which, anyone have any extra D35 parts lying around for cheap?
                  Last edited by USMC 0369; 04-13-06, 09:04 AM.
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Sorry no pics of the green TJ. We got split up pretty good, most of the pics are the 10 or so jeeps I rode with.

I did post a few more that my daughter took.

Comment

IDTT Campsite

Camp

The meeting point on Saturday morning was Peggy Sue’s Diner near the Ghost Town exit of I-15:

After meeting, eating and greeting everyone at Peggy Sue’s, we headed to the campsite at the mouth of Odessa Canyon:

One look at the colorful hills and I can see why this area is named the Calico Mountains:

The weather has been warm, so only a little “snow” remained on the hillsides :wink: :

A few people had arrived the day before and setup camp. The rest of us quickly unloaded our Jeeps, setup our campsites and prepared for the day’s wheeling:

The drivers who wanted to run the Gatekeeper headed up the canyon and the rest of us took the bypass. I’m following Deamer’s TJ on the bypass:

The report on the Gatekeeper and Saturday’s trails are in separate postings. After a great day of wheeling, we returned to camp. Supe (TJSupe) and Bob (Steelman) are watching Jeri Lyn prepare dinner:

After dark, many MJR members and their families went to Calico Ghost Town for the Ghost Walk. After the Ghost Walk, we gathered around the campfire. A report on the Saturday night run is in a separate posting:

Last edited by Russ Chung; 04-11-06, 04:30 AM.
                      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                      KI6MLU

Comment

Russ, great pics! You even got the moon doin "the thing!" hehe
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

wheres the post on the night run???
                          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Who's driving this red TJ?

I'm writing up my trip report for Saturday's run, and I realized that I don't know who is driving this red Jeep. Jake's black TJ is in the lead followed by Sam's Zuki. This picture was taken near the top of the ridge just after lunch.

KI6MLU

Comment

Saturday's Trail Run

Saturday’s Run

In looking through my notes, I discovered that there were two red YJs with black hardtops (AssyrianJeep and Jason), and I don't have the name of the driver of the red TJ with the soft top. Please let me know if I have the captions mixed up and I will update them.

After watching a few rigs make it through the Gatekeeper, I joined the first group that headed up the canyon. Mike (BadXJ) in his black Rubi Unltd was in the lead, followed by TonkaDave’s yellow YJ, Justin’s (AssyrianJeep) red YJ and Jake’s black TJ:

Jake’s black TJ is on the second waterfall, while AssyrianJeep’s red YJ has already made it up the obstacle:

Mike discovered that his drag link was bent (see the separate posting about the carnage) so we had to stop to fix it. While we were stopped, Sam joined us in his Suzuki:

Sam’s Zuki had street tires, so he had a tough time on the rocks. TonkaDave strapped him up the trail. My khaki Jeep followed them:

We stopped for lunch and to admire the view from the top of the ridge. From left to right, ????? (I don't know whose Jeep this is!!) black TJ, my khaki TJ, TonkaDave’s yellow YJ, and Mike's (BadXJ) black Rubi Unltd:

This is a view of Yermo:

And a view of Barstow:

Last edited by Russ Chung; 04-11-06, 08:30 PM.
                              KI6MLU

Comment

Saturday's Trail Run

After the break, we continued along the ridge, which was much easier than the trail in the canyon:

Our group split up, some of the vehicles took the easy trail along the ridge, and some returned to camp via Odessa Canyon. We chose the easy trail. Sam’s Zuki is in the lead, followed by a red TJ (I don’t know who that is), Baldwin’s black YJ, and TonkaDave’s yellow YJ.

Meanwhile, BadXJ (not pictured), AssyrianJeep’s red TJ and Jake’s black TJ went down Odessa canyon to return to camp.

KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                                X