Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDTT Trail Pictures 2006

Beautiful day. Many new faces. Lots of jeeps in varying condition. Great to see some new jeepers, now you know what to buy next. Keep showing up! Don't have time for a full on report. If your picture isn't here and you think I took it, just post, I took over a hundred.

CALICO PICS

*EDIT* added pics
    - Sarah
    Last edited by sarah; 04-10-06, 12:04 AM.

Originally posted by brian4.2
    Beautiful day. Many new faces. Lots of jeeps in varying condition. Great to see some new jeepers, now you know what to buy next. Keep showing up! Don't have time for a full on report. If your picture isn't here and you think I took it, just post, I took over a hundred.

Heres the pics, I dont know how to post them in the thread. Sarah????

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ga....php?i=2493&c=
    See Test/Help forum
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

We all came to Calico to celebrate another year of friendship, above all. I think that was very apparent for everyone at the back of the line on the trail run, since our "hanging-out to wheelin ratio" was low on the latter, due to our series of unfortunate events (from which I am not knowledgeable enough to document).

Nevertheless, we had good weather, good people and many, many, many good times the past three days. I set up a gallery to which subscribers can upload photos from the run. I'm downloading the very few that I have right now.

Thanks to everyone for hangin' out with us and of course for all of your support! I'll drink to that!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

video?

barbara is trying to upload the video she took, but the website she found crops to video with no way to adjust. If anyone knows of a site to upload video to share? Or I could send video to folks that request it (?). Video is in MP4 format, need quicktime to view. She also uploaded about 50~ pics to the website -Fotki.com-

I've got a lot of thanks to give out and a ton of stuff to do. It's pretty late so I'll have to get to it later.
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

thanks allot fellas a great trip, we really wernt with the MJR crew we were kind of by ourselfs for the whole run a groupe of 6 of us but we had a great time. thanks allot to dave and mike we had a great time. i didnt really get that many pic but once i get my hand on them i will post. great run

Justin
          ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
          |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
          ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
          Locked and Ready

Comment

It was really fun wheeling with all of you guys and gals on this past trip and putting all the faces to the MJR screen names. It’s been a pleasure to finally meet and shake all of your hands in person. Hope to see you again on upcoming trail runs!

Drew-
            Drew
            95yj Six Pack

Comment

unfortunate events

Originally posted by sarah
              I think that was very apparent for everyone at the back of the line on the trail run, since our "hanging-out to wheelin ratio" was low on the latter, due to our series of unfortunate events (from which I am not knowledgeable enough to document)
              Here's my recollection of the "unfortunate events"

Saturday
              1. JeriLyn loses 2 shocks and 1 rear spring on the gatekeeper 1 hour into saturday's run. spring gets re-mounted so she could continue the run.
              2. 70's bronco with busted starter blocking the trail 2 hours into the run (not our group but we helped get him moving or off the trail ?...I passed by before he was running)
              3. red ZJ (from our group, I feel bad for not rmembering the name) bends a drag link 2 hours into the run. finaly un-bent by driving against a rock.
              4. broken rear Dana 35 spider gears 3 hours into saturday's run. able to limp back to base camp for repair. (our group, which jeep was this?)

Sunday
              1. FRMNJJ has a bolt strip off his track bar link 10 minutes into the run. stripped threads repaired and he's able to get back to base camp.

I had an excellent time this weekend. After we all got moving on saturday I this everyone had a great time and there was some great wheeling to be had by all that stuck through the rough starts. It was great to meet the faces behind the names, and also newcomers of which I wasn't familiar with the names. I hope to see you all out on the trails soon.
              Last edited by maddmike; 04-09-06, 11:15 PM. Reason: added an unfortunate event
              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator
                It was really fun wheeling with all of you guys and gals on this past trip and putting all the faces to the MJR screen names. It’s been a pleasure to finally meet and shake all of your hands in person. Hope to see you again on upcoming trail runs!

Drew-
                I hope your "hot date" was worth leaving on saturday for...
                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Awesome time this weekend!
                  Supe
                  97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                  Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Brian4.2 - Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to get the link to work that you put there in the first post...

Regardless, I had a great time this weekend! Nice to put faces with the names (at least those names that don't have their faces already here! ( for example! )
                    Last edited by steelman; 04-10-06, 04:37 PM.
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Link works, sorry my bad.

Our photos are up.

MORE PICS
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I don,t think I have ever seen that many vehical in Peggy Sue's parking lot before let alone dam near all of thenm Jeeps . The fam damly and I had a fun time we didnt get far but thats ok it was a good time to spend with friends and to see the faces of the people on the MJR board .
                        We left about 1/2 -3/4 of a mile passed the enterence but we did go up the trail twice kids had to us the restroom and I had to find an adult beverage . HEll i finally got a dent in the Jeep right rear quarter panel and I 'm happy about it . thanks you everyone for the good time hope everyone made it home safe . see you next time

Oh yea Nailer I thinkl I had more fun listening to you on cb when I was heading back , I was about to just park the jeep and listen for awhile that was good stuff . Eric " We are coming up the trail and if they dont like it they are just going to have to turn around and get the hell out of the way " >
                        A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

Comment

Carnage Report (Preliminary)

Carnage Report

What a wonderful weekend! My unofficial count was 35 vehicles (33 Jeeps, 1 Bronco, 1 Suzuki). The weather was great (although a bit windy). The carnage seemed a little high, so I’m breaking down my report into several sections which I’ll post over the next few days. This first report is about the carnage. If you want to preview the rest of the pictures, I’ve uploaded them here:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...4/2006%20IDTT/

It may have been an indication of what was to come, but on Saturday morning at Peggy Sue’s, BEFORE we hit the first trail, Jeri Lyn was already working on her rig (she had discovered that she had a bad spindle when she was prepping her rig the night before):

I understand that she had some damage to her rear shocks and springs on the Gatekeeper, but I didn’t get any photos because I had already started up the trail.

On the trail, after the second waterfall, Mike (BadXJ) noticed that his new 06 Rubi Unlimited’s steering felt strange. He discovered that he had a bent drag link. His toe-in was about three inches instead of the normal ¼ inch:

We tried a number ways to straighten the drag link using his winch cable, but we were unsuccessful until we found some rocks and drove his Jeep against them to straighten the drag link.:

Meanwhile, behind us, Beau's Bronco was stalled on the trail with a bad starter. I was ahead of him so I didn’t get any pictures, but it blocked the trail for awhile. I had previously reported in error that it was 59Bisquik's Bronco on the trail; it turned out that he missed the IDTT run. My apologies
                          Last edited by Russ Chung; 04-11-06, 01:41 PM.
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

Carnage Report (Preliminary)

When we stopped for lunch, someone noticed that TonkaDave’s right front shock was dangling; he had broken the mount that connects the shock to his front axle:

Upon returning to camp, we saw a group of people working on DesertValdez’s YJ. Nick and Barb had left their CJ at home and brought their YJ because the CJ was broken; now, they had broken the rear differential on their YJ. With help from Chris (Dukes69) and a few others, Nick removed the spider gears so he could get home in front wheel drive:

On Sunday, I got a rock wedged between my left rear tire and my fender:

We pulled the rock out and were ready to continue up the trail, when FymnJJ discovered that his front track bar rod end had come loose. The end of the rod end was stripped, and a few threads on the rod were stripped, too:

Fortunately, Erik’s (Nailer341) well-equipped Jeep and tools were on hand. First, he cut off the end of the track bar to get rid of the bad threads:

Then he ground the bad threads off the end of the connecting rod:

Voila. The reassembled track bar:

Enroute home, Steelman discovered that none of his instruments were working. When he inserted a replacement fuse, it blew immediately. We tried to trace the circuit with an ohmmeter but we could not find the source of the short in the maze of wires under his dash.

Ironic, the only run that we did with no damage was the Saturday night run.
                            Last edited by Russ Chung; 04-11-06, 03:24 PM.
                            KI6MLU

Comment

Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

I didn’t stay very long at the Gatekeeper, so I only got pictures of a few rigs. Most of the drivers took the bypass, then parked to watch the action.

Tonka Dave:

John Kent:

Rick:

Jeri Lyn. I heard that she had some damage to her rear shocks and springs, but I had already started up the trail when it happened, so I don't have any pictures of the carnage:

KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                              X