Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Oaks from Tiny Acorns Grow! (April 7-9, 2006- Calico IDTT Run)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it will "run" just fine,the problem is getting it started in the 1st place.We both took friday off and should be heading out by noon-1:00.
    95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

'jeepool'

coming from Los Angeles in the wee hours of Saturday. Anyone that wants to start a wagon train from the area post or PM me and we can set up a docking location to saddle up and roll out to the rendes'vous point.
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Well, if it would stop raining on the weekends so I can stay dry while working on the Jeep, I'm going. Nothing major to work on, I just don't wish to get wet!
        Skeletor & whomever else, in for jeep-pooling on Sat unless I decide to drive out Fri for a little camping.

Comment

We want to make sure that everyone understands that Peggy Sue's serves breakfast, and the majority of people will be eating. If you show up at 8AM-ish to Peggy Sue's you will have time to eat breakfast. We will leave the restaurant at 9AM and head for the trail. I've added this tidbit to the calendar event.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
            We want to make sure that everyone understands that Peggy Sue's serves breakfast, and the majority of people will be eating. If you show up at 8AM-ish to Peggy Sue's you will have time to eat breakfast. We will leave the restaurant at 9AM and head for the trail. I've added this tidbit to the calendar event.
            Hi Sarah,
            Will there be time to drop off camping equipment at camp before the trail run, for those who show up on Saturday?
            Drew
            95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator
              Hi Sarah,
              Will there be time to drop off camping equipment at camp before the trail run, for those who show up on Saturday?
              That's no problem.

Comment

anyone leaving from the san fernando valley and wants to caravan over?
                ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
                ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
                Locked and Ready

Comment

[QUOTE=assyrianjeep]anyone leaving from the san fernando valley and wants to caravan over?[/QUOTE

John and I are leaving valencia on friday,between 12-1:00.

]
                  95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

This could be a possibility......

Comment

• i plan on leaving arond 4ish, maybe later
                      oh yea kyle are you and your dad goin on this run again?
                      ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                      |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
                      ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
                      Locked and Ready

Comment

• Originally posted by Drewminator
                        Hi Sarah,
                        Do we have a location for the camping spot? Steelman and Myself plan on heading out there early to set up camp in the morning aswell.
                        Supe
                        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

• ditto on that, I will be bringing camping gear for a saturday night stay and need to know if there is a group campsite or other camping available in the area.
                          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

• camping, yes

Originally posted by maddmike
                            ditto on that, I will be bringing camping gear for a saturday night stay and need to know if there is a group campsite or other camping available in the area.
                            The girls must be busy this morning....
                            There will be a group camp for any that want to stay Friday or Saturday nights. It's open, that is there are no facilities, you just pull off the road where you can. It's very rocky up there and can be windy. Watch the weather report as we get close to the date.

We are planning to be there late afternoon on friday, and I believe Tam and Chris will be as well. We are the two 30'+ motorhomes, serves for a base camp and wind break. I would like to get the big clearing area where the road "Y"'s, it's a good group-camp site very popular with clubs that go up there. Otherwise we'll have to continue on up the road to the wide area off the road where we can setupt our group camp, same as last year. The roads are quite rough for a motorhome - obviously it's no problem with the jeeps.

Saturday morning everyone can drop off their camping gear and doors or whatever on the way in, just before we hit the trail.

Comment

• Scheduled time of Ghost Walk - Saturday night

I just talked with a gal up at the Calico Ghost Town (ordering my ticket) and she mentioned that because of the time change, the ghost walk will NOT be at 7:00 p.m., but rather at 8:00 OR 8:30 p.m. (when it's actually dark!). We are to check in at the "photo studio" anytime on Saturday, and they will confirm if it's 8:00 or 8:30 at that time. Looking forward to it!
                              -Bob
                              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by maddmike
                                ditto on that, I will be bringing camping gear for a saturday night stay and need to know if there is a group campsite or other camping available in the area.
                                As Chris said, group camp ... it's free. We will all head to the camp from Peggy Sue's in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X