Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dec31-Jan1 Salton Sea Run- Anyone Interested?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George led us to a small waterfall. He warned us that some of the stock vehicles (like mine) might have to take the bypass…He was right. George, Nora, and Vern were able to make it up the waterfall. Matt and I tried, but we were unable to make it up the waterfall.

Vern took this picture of the obstacle (see his post for pics of my failed attempt and Nora’s successful climb up this waterfall):

[

In order for George, Nora and Vern to meet up with the group who took the bypass, they had to descend into the wash. George and Vern took a steep but slightly easier route, but Nora chose a more direct route. Her husband, Steve is spotting:

George led us up and down some soft, sandy hills. Those of us who were “locker challenged” (Kevin and I) found these hills to be “interesting”.

Nora and Steve:

Matt and Mercer:

Last edited by Russ Chung; 01-01-06, 11:41 AM.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Truckhaven Dec 31st

Vern and Russ great pictures. I appreciate the kudos. What a great way to end the year. Everyone did extreemly well. This was my third run with the Folks from MJR and as usual the group was willing to try anything. Hope to see you guys at the Safri in March if not sooner.

Comment

No visit to the Truckhaven area would be complete without a visit to the famous fireplug. The fireplug was placed here many years ago by the Tierra Del Sol 4WD Club:

It was very windy on the ridge, so George led us down into a nearby wash for our lunch break. Clockwise from the bottom, George’s (TDS SD) black YJ, my (Russ Chung) khaki TJ, Matt’s white Rubicon (with the Christmas wreath), Steve and Nora’s (Stormtrooper) white TJ, Mike’s silver Rubicon, Kevin’s white Bronco, and Vern’s (Britain) Red TJ.

After lunch, George continued our tour of the trails in the Truckhaven area:

After a break, Kevin had a problem starting his Bronco, but a few taps on the starter solenoid got him going.

Here is a group shot at the end of the day as we aired up. From left to right, Mike’s silver Rubicon, Steve and Nora’s (Stormtrooper) white TJ, my khaki TJ, George’s (TDS SD) black YJ, Kevin’s white Bronco, and Vern’s (Britain) red TJ. Matt had left earlier so his rig is not in the picture:

Last edited by Russ Chung; 01-01-06, 11:22 AM.
        KI6MLU

Comment

additional pictures

Thanks all for a good time. Thanks Vern for telling me about this run. Also, thanks to the trailboss George. We had a great time as well. Here's a couple of pictures fom the run. If you want to check out all of them, click HERE

Last edited by STORMTROOPER; 01-01-06, 02:32 PM.
          2000 TJ Sport, 3 spd auto
          4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

Those arew some great pics guys! I caught a glimpse of you guys a few times. Fuel Rod, Steelman and a few from our club made it out. Great days of wheeling. This was my first time out there. I really enjoyed it.
            Supe
            97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
            Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Looks like those new Rubicons got a little wear in! Kevin sure was fighting with his Bronco on come of those twisty small trails. Actually for me having his antenna on top of his cab kept me from sometimes loosing the trail everyone was on.

Even got to try out my 100-40mm lens. This was taken with Steve going up the Mesa with the fireplug.

I think next time around I'll focus on peoples expressions....Like Marys looking at Nora's coming down. Wish I would have had the 400mm on this one! Would also have like to catch a few shots of Nora's expression!

I think George was even a little suprised on Noras driving ability! I certainly did!
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                Those arew some great pics guys! I caught a glimpse of you guys a few times. Fuel Rod, Steelman and a few from our club made it out. Great days of wheeling. This was my first time out there. I really enjoyed it.
                You should have joined us. George really knew the area! We had a blast!
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE

Like Supe said, this was a great run...what a cool area/playground! Nice pics above guys!!
                  -Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                    I think George was even a little suprised on Noras driving ability! I certainly did!
                    She made it look easy as she drove up the waterfall and down that steep hill. I overheard Matt say that none of his other daughters-in-law drove like that!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                    X