Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dec31-Jan1 Salton Sea Run- Anyone Interested?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec31-Jan1 Salton Sea Run- Anyone Interested?

Just checking interest in an Anza Borrego/Salton Sea run for the 31st/1st.
    I'd like to wheel Saturday afternoon/night and then again in the morning.

You'd want a little more than stock rig out there.

Chime in if you are interested.

Wow saki669, you jumped on that like a fat kid on a double Whopper with cheese. Let me check my schedule.
    1999 [color=red]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 4DR
    1999 [color=white]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 2DR DD

Comment

Originally posted by saki669
      Just checking interest in an Anza Borrego/Salton Sea run for the 31st/1st.
      I'd like to wheel Saturday afternoon/night and then again in the morning.

You'd want a little more than stock rig out there.

Chime in if you are interested.
      Saki669,
      Thats a big area can you be more specific? Cant do a night run but sure can join up the first.
      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
      WEB site

Comment

Le Big Mac

Originally posted by blazair
        Wow saki669, you jumped on that like a fat kid on a double Whopper with cheese. Let me check my schedule.
        I would suggest clearing the schedule. I had to perform miracles to get the woman to OK this trip. She's even GOING.

We'll most likely get a Hotel in Borrego Springs, but that is still up in the air. The hotels are wanting a 2 day commitment @ $95 a night for the new year.

Heres a link to the area I will be in:

http://www.google.com/maps?q=borrego...8281&t=h&hl=en

Basically turn south on 86S from the 10 east. Then turn right on marina drive. It's all dirt out there, dont let the street names fool you. More info to follow.

Comment

Basically turn south on 86S from the 10 east. Then turn right on marina drive. It's all dirt out there, dont let the street names fool you. More info to follow.

That area is known as "Truck Haven". Same place they hold TDS.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
            That area is known as "Truck Haven". Same place they hold TDS.
            Tuckhaven..been there done that , I'll pass. Found a canyon and spent the some time at the El Centro BLM looking over maps. They said no problem.
            Must be a reason why no one goes up it..besides the entrance to it. Hiked up about half mile nasty but passable some old tire tracks. Will spend next couple weekd breaking things in it.
            Entrance

Have fun in Truckhaven!
            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
            WEB site

Comment

You link doesnt work...

Id like to see it too...cause I didnt think Truckhaven had one "entrance"

Basically, its a maze of canyons and mesas. No rocks, just alot of dirt and offcamber stuff, hills and drops.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                You link doesnt work...

Id like to see it too...cause I didnt think Truckhaven had one "entrance"

Basically, its a maze of canyons and mesas. No rocks, just alot of dirt and offcamber stuff, hills and drops.

Tam
                Thats Truckhaven. Lots of dirt off camber stuff. You can get into truckhaven different ways but marina dr is best known.
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Truckhaven

Don't let construction on North Marina stop you. Street is still open and black top ends appox 1 mile from Hwy 86. All the good stuff is West and North of there. If I can get away I'm up for the 31st. Needless to say I know the area well.

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                    Tuckhaven..been there done that , I'll pass. Found a canyon and spent the some time at the El Centro BLM looking over maps. They said no problem.
                    Must be a reason why no one goes up it..besides the entrance to it. Hiked up about half mile nasty but passable some old tire tracks. Will spend next couple weekd breaking things in it.
                    Entrance

Have fun in Truckhaven!
                    I can now see the picture...where is that? Looks like FUN!

It certainly isnt Truckhaven!

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD
                      Don't let construction on North Marina stop you. Street is still open and black top ends appox 1 mile from Hwy 86. All the good stuff is West and North of there. If I can get away I'm up for the 31st. Needless to say I know the area well.
                      That developer is putting a ton of houses in. BE sure not to venture off the road untill its end!!

Seems like more then a few may show up the 31st. Is there a set time for meeting? Cb channel? I may show for the 31st.
                      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                      WEB site

Comment

I will be up there for New Years as well. Not sure where our group is camping yet. When I get back from Iowa I will get some more info. Maybe I will see you guys down there.....
                        Supe
                        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by Britain
                          That developer is putting a ton of houses in. BE sure not to venture off the road untill its end!!

Seems like more then a few may show up the 31st. Is there a set time for meeting? Cb channel? I may show for the 31st.
                          We'll most likely camp off of marina drive. Just follow the road about 1 mile past where the blacktop stops. Its the same area where the TDS main tent is set up for the safari.
                          I'm thinking I will be there at about 11am. Set up camp till noon, then head out. My XJ is yellow with no top or doors. Its tough to miss.

-Kirk

Comment

Its tough to miss.
                            Looks like this [SIZED]http://www.geocities.com/deadturtlerecords/images/deadlogo3_ltgreen.gif[/SIZED](only its yellow).
                            1999 [color=red]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 4DR
                            1999 [color=white]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 2DR DD

Comment

We'll most likely camp off of marina drive. Just follow the road about 1 mile past where the blacktop stops. Its the same area where the TDS main tent is set up for the safari.
                              I'm thinking I will be there at about 11am. Set up camp till noon, then head out. My XJ is yellow with no top or doors. Its tough to miss.

-Kirk
                              Yeah seen you come through us at Big Bear, we just uprighted some vehicles.
                              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                              WEB site

Comment

Working...
                              X