Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates...thinking 'outloud'..

Event date is getting closer. Going to take off Thursday and Friday that week.

Got my packet, does anyone have suggestions on run selections?

Out of 421 MJR members only 5 are going? Where are all the hardcore jeepers in this group????? Is Panamint too far? Or is it Cal4wheel?

I've heard it's very scenic out there, I have never been.

Those of you that are going, do you want to plan a group camp? Or just meet up on the trail?

At least a couple of folks I know from WAYWEGOS will be there as well.

I think there were about 160 rigs at HDR, can't be sure. I wonder if we should expect more or less for PVD?

Laters....

Comment

cetrov and myself will be doing isham canyon. It is definately a ball breaker. Lockers f/r required. If you want a good fun run with some difficulty, Defense mine is good.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
        Out of 421 MJR members only 5 are going? Where are all the hardcore jeepers in this group????? Is Panamint too far? Or is it Cal4wheel?
        for me it's the crowd. don't like it, don't need it. there's plenty of hardcore wheeling to come, don't you worry. :yay:
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
          >snip
          If you want a good fun run with some difficulty, Defense mine is good.
          Cool. I'll sign up for that one.
          Don't need a 'ball-breaker' run :geek: especially with wife and kids along!

Comment

You'll enjoy that. The trip through the mine is really great. Take flash lights.

Comment

I'm still on the fence on this one. I want to go but it seems I may have to fly to Tacoma, WA that Sun. But it's still just penciled in. So, if things do change, I will definitly be there. I'm really looking forward to the scenery.

Comment

We are not sure what run we are going to do yet.

I have a print out of all the runs, and some friends are going over that also just bought a jeep. They are setup better then us also, because they have lockers, and have some more height then us.

My parents are coming over also. They have a Jeep Grand, and is not setup for hard core trails. They will do some of the easier runs.

See you all there.
                Not sure if we all can do something on our own if wanted after hours.

Todd
                Navy-Jeepster
                Gold Digger
                Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Runs at Panamint

Defense mine is a really great run, but they've really cracked down on the number of jeeps. Last time we did it (2 years ago) it was heavily over crowded. This year its split into two runs- early (express) and late. The late run takes off at 0900 the early leaves at 0700 or 0730 (I think) note- the early run will bypass the trickier sections and get right to the mine. So if you're looking for the more challenging run, sign up for the later run, but sign up early, its going to fill up fast!. We also like to do Jackpot on Friday- its not especially rough, but its got lots of exposure and about a vertical mile of altitude gain. I've heard the sunset/pleasant canyon loop is pretty good as well. Isham is ...well, its Isham and its beyond Marvin's capabilities as yet.
                  We'll be there with some other non-MJR friends, but we'll keep an eye out so we can get together up there.
                  It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                  and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

I think we are going to look at doing the full Defense Mine run. I think it will have enough technical stuff for us to test out the jeep with the new lift on it. We will not be locked though. Our friends will be there with us, who have a locked and lifted jeep. They are new to jeeps, and are not sure of their capabilities yet. Their jeep has more capability then they do at the moment.

Al

I hope to be able to leave here on Thursday. I am going to try and take Thursday night off. As it gets closer, I will let you know as we get closer.

Thanks

Todd & Teresa
                    Navy-Jeepster
                    Gold Digger

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster
                      I think we are going to look at doing the full Defense Mine run. I think it will have enough technical stuff for us to test out the jeep with the new lift on it. We will not be locked though. Our friends will be there with us, who have a locked and lifted jeep. They are new to jeeps, and are not sure of their capabilities yet. Their jeep has more capability then they do at the moment.

Al

I hope to be able to leave here on Thursday. I am going to try and take Thursday night off. As it gets closer, I will let you know as we get closer.

Thanks

Todd & Teresa
                      Navy-Jeepster
                      Gold Digger
                      Defense mine is very nice run, I did it with a BB, 1"BL and 33's unlocked with no prob. Only prob i had was where somebody had broken at a hard spot near the mine but with a little work and spotting i was able to get thru it..
                      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                      4" rough country springs
                      Nth degree arms upper and lower
                      1" Currie MML/BL
                      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                      33"BFG MT's
                      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

This is almost upon us. If anyone wants to leave Friday morning, Kirk (cetrov) and I will be meeting at Primo Burger in Mojave around 8:30 or 9:00. We will probably try to camp in the same place as last year.

Enter camp, go left at the tents/registration and continue for about 1/2 mile. We will be on the left. There is a big flat area there. Hopefully I will be bringing my Teardrop for it's maiden voyage. I'll post pics this week to let you see what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                          This is almost upon us. If anyone wants to leave Friday morning, Kirk (cetrov) and I will be meeting at Primo Burger in Mojave around 8:30 or 9:00. We will probably try to camp in the same place as last year.

Enter camp, go left at the tents/registration and continue for about 1/2 mile. We will be on the left. There is a big flat area there. Hopefully I will be bringing my Teardrop for it's maiden voyage. I'll post pics this week to let you see what it looks like.
                          I love those tear-drop trailers - cool!

You're going out Friday or Thursday? For some reason I thought you guys were heading out Thursday morning.

We would really like to have all MJR people group camp if possible. We will be there Thursday and try to pick your spot from your description. Sounds like it's away from all the hub-bub and that's what we prefer as well. We're pretty quiet. Pic of our RV in my gallery (link in sig) so look for us. I just got one of those 22' flag poles, will fly a US flag on top and a Jeep logo flag under.

We are going to try and get in on the Defense Mine run Friday morning. Not sure what to plan for Sat.

Hope to see you there.

Comment

We will be over there Friday afternoon. It will be early hopefully.

My parents will be there. They have an older motorhome, and tow a mid 90's Grand Cheerokee behind it. I think one of their friends from the Nevada Backroaders is also coming over. He has a 2003 Jeep Rubicon that is lifted, and runs on 33's or 35's. He will have a RV also.
                            We will be somewhere around there on friday.
                            I will have to install my sliders on friday once I get there. My dad picked them up from Chris.
                            A little bit of maintenance on the jeep before the trails.

See you all there.

Todd & Teresa
                            Navy-Jeepster
                            Gold Digger

Comment

We'll be headed up Thursday sometime. We have a tag a long Jeep maybe 2.
                              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster
                                We will be over there Friday afternoon. It will be early hopefully.

My parents will be there. They have an older motorhome, and tow a mid 90's Grand Cheerokee behind it. I think one of their friends from the Nevada Backroaders is also coming over. He has a 2003 Jeep Rubicon that is lifted, and runs on 33's or 35's. He will have a RV also.
                                We will be somewhere around there on friday.
                                I will have to install my sliders on friday once I get there. My dad picked them up from Chris.
                                A little bit of maintenance on the jeep before the trails.

See you all there.

Todd & Teresa
                                Navy-Jeepster
                                Gold Digger
                                I have an air drill if you need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X