Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason
    Tent friendly uh? This is what tent friendly HDR is likehttp://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...6264402&idx=14.
    Jason, when our tent did that at Panamint we found four big rocks to put inside that kept it from rolling like that, but our problem was the wind blowing ripping our rain fly. The wind kicked up at ripped it at Panamint 2years ago and then the wind did it this time at HDR.

Trona is that nose hair burning smelling town that you'll pass through to get to the campsite.
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
      Jason, when our tent did that at Panamint we found four big rocks to put inside that kept it from rolling like that, but our problem was the wind blowing ripping our rain fly. The wind kicked up at ripped it at Panamint 2years ago and then the wind did it this time at HDR.

Trona is that nose hair burning smelling town that you'll pass through to get to the campsite.
      Not only does that town stink, If you look closely, I dont think grass will even grow there, Plus I believe that town is very close, probably all related
      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
      4" rough country springs
      Nth degree arms upper and lower
      1" Currie MML/BL
      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
      33"BFG MT's
      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by avnative
        Not only does that town stink, If you look closely, I dont think grass will even grow there, Plus I believe that town is very close, probably all related
        It is related. My bil used to drive for Dalton trucking (based in Adelanto and Fontana) he had asked a few people there about it. I don't remember what he picked up there, but he couldn't wait to leave there because of the stench. About grass growing there, don't think so

Comment

I added the date to the thread title. Please remember to add it when creating events
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

so will we have an area just for MJR set up?
            ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
            |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
            ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
            Locked and Ready

Comment

Roll call is up!
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

So, who all is going to PVD?

We are going over for this one.
                We are also going to meet our parents there, and their group from Vegas.

Todd & Teresa
                Navy-Jeepster
                Gold Digger
                Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Panamint Valley Days

We would really like to go to this one. I haven't signed the roll call yet as the wife and I have been discussing our other events for the month. It's an action packed month!

We have in-laws the weekend before (that's probably a good enough reason to go for sure ). The following weekend we are booked for Vegas for the Enduro Cross event at the Orleans. The weekend after that is Thanksgiving and our offroad group always does an extended campout. Three weekends out with the motorhome can add up to a LOT of gas, especially at $3 a gallon (we get 6.5 towing the jeep!) Doing the math that's about a grand worth of fuel for weekend play.

So far I have not heard/seen any runs setup for the rest of the year with MJR. I and a couple of the others are going to plan a run for the latter part of this month and will post an invite, and I'll report our schedule for November in case anyone here wants to join us.

So that's my round-about explanation of where I'm at for the moment. I'll sign the roster with the understanding that the trip hinges on a host of other factors.

Hope to see you all out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster
                    So, who all is going to PVD?

We are going over for this one.
                    We are also going to meet our parents there, and their group from Vegas.

Todd & Teresa
                    Navy-Jeepster
                    Gold Digger
                    When are you leaving to go to this one?? I am going on thursday.
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

We are going to try and leave here on Thursday also.

I am working mids, so I will get home and pack the camper, and leave.
                      I will nap once we get over there, and set up.

Todd
                      Navy-Jeepster
                      Gold Digger
                      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Lt me know if you want to go together. I've been there twice already. I should be pulling my Teardrop for it's maiden voyage.
                        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

The King's have to pull out. Tom's vacation has been cancelled. I would like to come, but don't know if I want to deal with the kids again like I did at Calico.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                            Tom's vacation has been cancelled.
                            His vacation has been RE instated!! Yippee! We're coming!!

Comment

We're Registered...

Stopped at the CAL4Wheel booth at the expo and they had a sign up sheet for the event and took my $40. We'll be there Thursday.

Are we going to try and designate a group camp or just wing it when we get there?

Comment

damn, I knew I forgot something while I was at the expo..... Other than spending lots of $ with Brad Kilby and other suppliers out there.
                                Oh well, we will just have to sign up the old fashioned way via snail-mail. I will have my camper out there and tow my TJ behind it because im done with wind and sleeping in a tent unless it's on the Dusy, Rubicon or Fordyce kinda trail..... There will be at least 3 Jeeps in our group and two motorhomes there maybe even more but that's all I know for now.
                                Rubicon Rick OllllllO
                                " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
                                Rick W6RE

Comment

Working...
                                X