Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
    Not sure but it's going to be fixed with a different locker, probably a full locker....
    hang in there Tom, something was up. I don't know anyone who's blown anything up that huge on 33s. Hopefully the 3rd times the charm.

hey Erik... what's up??? you smokin' again???

myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Tom,

If you need anything, help wrench on the Jeep or whatever, let me know and I will do what I can.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Down but not out. I was looking forward to leaving some paint behind, maybe next year.

Tom, Black & Tan TJ
        glad to hear it tom.
        see you on the trail when you get your jeep together.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I was looking forward to leaving some paint behind, maybe next year.

Tom, Black & Tan TJ
          Hey Tom, you would have to leave alot of wax first! LOL... anyways, glad you had a good time regardless of the outcome.

Oh, and get that shiny Jeep back on the trail, we need to go wheelin!

:beer:

Michael
          1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
          3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Hey Guys!

Chris, the girls and I took two days wiggling ourselves home...had (for the most part) a relaxing drive. We made it home last night around 8ish.

I felt really bad that Tom and Cassidy had to turn around. Theres always next year. Im VERY happy to hear that the shop is going to take care of you, and give you credit for it. I hope the two of you had some nice Father-Daughter time Good to see you made it home okay.

As usual, we all had a great time! It was great to meet a few new faces, and spend time with some old friends as well

It was nice to meet Terry's Dad, Dan. (Thankyou for the Beaver Stick Im sure someone will tell the stories) You bust me up Jessica! Cant wait to wheel with you some more! One day youll be behind the wheel Dude, Dude and Dude...glad you decided to join us, both on Saturday night and here! I dont think any of you stopped laughing all night. And to think that Erik, Chris and I werent even drinking It was nice to see you again Sean! Shame we didnt get to know your group better

Once again, my Lil' girly Jeep amazed me. What a trouper! I was disappointed that I couldnt make it over that little rock garden after Buck Island Lake. I had to take the bypass again this year! Maybe next year with lockers Aside from that...the trip went smoothly, a few new scrapes and dings on my rear passenger corner, nothing broken.

The swimming was once again nice. Buck Island Lake was way way down this year. I think they let too much out Rubicon Springs was VERY nice though! I think all four of us got sunburned. The weather was perfect all the way through. Perhaps a bit hot, but the lake swimming solved that right away.

We all kinda hung out at Rubicon Springs till around 11am or so, missing the traffic Jam up Caddilac Hill. I reset my odometer at Loon Lake Dam, and found it amusing that its only 11 miles to Caddilac Hill overlook. Pretty incredible!

When we left Tahoe, we drove down the 89 till we hit the 4. This was one INDESCRIBABLE DRIVE. I would highly recommend it to anyone driving a regular vehicle. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IN A MOTORHOME OR TRUCK AND TRAILER COMBO. The scenery was breath taking. But the odd thing about this road was that it was barely more the a single lane wide for two way traffic. There was no middle line. The turns were so tight that on the uphill ones, the outside curve of the road was smooth and gradual, but the inside of the curve was like climbing straight up! The little mountain lakes and streams were very beautiful. I think we need to camp up there or get a cabin next time.

We spent the night in Angels Camp. The next day, we stopped at all the historical sites, and visited Mark Twains Cabin. We stopped and visited with my parents in Sonora for lunch and headed down to Oakhurst. We stayed at Lodge called Sierra Sky Ranch. It was the valleys first Cattle Ranch in the late 1800s. They turned the hands rooms into lodging. It was very peaceful there. Our room opened up onto a front porch that stretched the length of the building, with a big green front lawn, and oak trees. Zoe took over ownership. She layed on the porch at the top of the stairs and under the oak trees in the shade. She didnt want to leave.

The rest of the ride home was HOT HOT HOT! Chris Jeep was overheating before going up the grapevine. We had to pull over once while climbing up.

Ill bug Chris till he uploads our pics

Tam
            Last edited by JeepGal; 05-01-09, 10:05 PM.
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

that lake looks really nice,

sorry to the guy with the locker blowing up, at least you made the best of it
              Carlos

92 YJ
              GO VEGAN!
              volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Wow! I really like those pics!

Would you guys like to see some of ours?
                '95 YJ 4 banging powerhouse.
                www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Comment

Originally posted by longtallsally
                  Wow! I really like those pics!

Would you guys like to see some of ours?
                  sure, post them up!
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

You may post new threads
                    You may post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may edit your posts

This is what I was asking about earlier. Did I miss something or am I doing it wrong.

Comment

You may post new threads
                      You may post replies
                      You may edit your posts

This is what I was asking about earlier. Did I miss something or am I doing it wrong.
                      You need to upload your pics to a website first. Alot of us use the Gallery here...(as a member) and some of us use Photobucket.com.

heres a link to the instructions on how to post pics.

HTH

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Sweet pics, wish I still had my TJ. One day I will have one again.
                        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

You may post new threads
                          You may post replies
                          You may edit your posts

Here's a question: Where can we put a link to it so that people will see it and it will be clear? There is a link in the forum rules that doesn't do much obviously, nor does the huge message when you try and upload something to the gallery, any of the threads in the help forum, or that fact that the rules say you can't upload ... not trying to be an ass here just trying to figure out how we can display it better so the site becomes more "self serve."
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

More pics?? And trail rash...

So, what happened to Chris and Tam's pics?
                            And Brice's?
                            What's new with Terry?

I've been using the other pics for desktop wallpaper. Sure enjoy going thru them all. Too bad that site doesn't have a slide show feature.

Does Tom have an update? Tom??????

Well, I've fixed the stuff on my jeep that was damaged. Had a custom tailpipe fabed up, straightend one of my control arm bracket ears that was bent to rat-sh*t, and got the rubicon 4.5" springs installed. What a difference those springs make! The Rancho shock that got caved in was toast, so it was replaced too. Had my tires balanced again and we're putting in the Stuan internal beadlocks tomorrow to keep the tires from spinning on the wheels. Erik hooked me up with Harry Lewellyn, and he's even helping me put them in! Added a new Flexalite 6 blade fan to that new fan clutch, it's running cool. Still have not cleaned out the interior, and the spare axles are still wired down in the tub. The right front lower control arm is bent, but not bad enough to replace it. I just turned it over, maybe it'll bend the other way the next time it gets hit.

Did the the black XJ from Reno make it thru again?

Comment

I actually just posted mine on my weak sauce site: www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Remember, I'm poor and unemployed...

Actually, I've got an interview on Monday with a guy who wants to become a Jeep freak, so that may be good! Wish me luck!

Comment

Hey Chris,
                                Thanks for checking up, yes there's an update and I'm getting ready to post the ARB upgrade. It's installed (so far so good) just waiting to hook up the air. It's a little different set-up then most (I just got to be a little different you know) but it's a good one, I'll be on the bottle let's say.
                                I ended up with a new ARB for the D44 and a new set of gears as well and the installer's charging me slightly less then 250 for the install including the gear set on top of the locker which I got on my own for $700 shipped to my door, just money, right.
                                Watch for my post, I'll call it "On The Bottle" should be cool. Unfortunetly I'll miss this months AAT run but should be ready for the next one and yes the Jeep is clean again. Come to find out while I was cleaning it I did leave a spot of paint behind from the driver's front flare, probably during that hair raising tug off the trail, thanks Erik, YOU ROCK!

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Working...
                                X