Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like everybody had a poopload of fun. I'm jealous. Maybe next year. :-)
    Bryan
    2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
    front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
    Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

hey everyone I am dustin (the guy in the black XJ). I noticed my friends post and would again like to send out a huge thanks for allowing us to hang out with you all saturday. That sure was a great ending to the trip. Hopefully I will get to know most of you and possibly do some more wheelin with you throughout the year. MY experience this time around was great, however, after getting past cadillac and what seemed like the long stretch of dirt before we get home, my rear yoke snapped an ear causing my u-joint to shatter in pieces. Unfortunately with no SYE I had to work on the damn thing uder the jeep so I wouldn't leak any fluid. Other than that I enjoyed the trip. Thanks again and can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Howdy again!

Originally posted by blackwidow
        hey everyone I am dustin (the guy in the black XJ). I noticed my friends post and would again like to send out a huge thanks for allowing us to hang out with you all saturday. That sure was a great ending to the trip. Hopefully I will get to know most of you and possibly do some more wheelin with you throughout the year. MY experience this time around was great, however, after getting past cadillac and what seemed like the long stretch of dirt before we get home, my rear yoke snapped an ear causing my u-joint to shatter in pieces. Unfortunately with no SYE I had to work on the damn thing uder the jeep so I wouldn't leak any fluid. Other than that I enjoyed the trip. Thanks again and can't wait to see the pics.
        Hi Dustin, I'm glad you joined us. I was the guy that talked to you early Saturday morning after the 'copter dropped them guys off at the dam. And my daughter is Jessica, the cute little 18 year old blond. I think she kept a few of us laughing around the campfire Saturday night.

We just kept running into you guys all weekend, so you might as well have just wheeled with us!

Yeah, that road out was a real spring beater wasn't it? And your buddy lost his driveshaft on the drive home? I had been leaking ATF out the rear yoke nut of my TC shaft. I thought it was the seal, but Chris figured out it must be the nut since the seal was dry. So when we got to the end of the trail I had to pull my DS and I got at least a half turn on the nut. Thankfully (again) Chris had a 1 1/8" socket for the nut. Sealed up the leak too.

Watch the board, let's see if we can meet up again. Otherwise, plan to do so next year on the Rubicon Trail.

Best regards

Comment

Pictures Are Up

here are some pictures of the trip.
          some of these are cjdirtbiker's pics.. hope you dont mind them being on the net.
          if you do.. let me know, and i'll take them down.

enjoy the pics!

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE PICTURES
          Last edited by NAILER341; 07-26-05, 03:20 PM.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

FANCY Pics as always!! Burlap bag! Chris welding barefoot! Look at all this I missed!
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Great Pics

Originally posted by NAILER341
              here are some pictures of the trip.
              some of these are cjdirtbiker's pics.. hope you dont mind them being on the net.
              if you do.. let me know, and i'll take them down.
              Not a problem Erik.
              Nice album. They really tell the story. Jessica will be thrilled, there's some good pics of her in there. Most of the pics are yours, they look terrific. Between the two of us we pretty much covered the run from start to finish.

It looks like I may have both her and mommy-Sherry (wifey) joining the forum. We're just having too much fun here and they're missing out.

My favorite is Chris welding on his jeep, it's a classic. Man we sure had a great time!

Comment

it will be great to have both of them on the board.
                sign em' up
                ERIK

Comment

<signed on under Chris> Erik ... It's Sherry. I'll sign up but I have to get me one o them bitchin pics to go with my sign on ... may take me a while .... Where's the sushi!!!

Love ya man!

Comment

Looks like a fun trip

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
                      Hi Dustin, I'm glad you joined us. I was the guy that talked to you early Saturday morning after the 'copter dropped them guys off at the dam. And my daughter is Jessica, the cute little 18 year old blond. I think she kept a few of us laughing around the campfire Saturday night.
                      We just kept running into you guys all weekend, so you might as well have just wheeled with us!
                      Yeah, that road out was a real spring beater wasn't it? And your buddy lost his driveshaft on the drive home? I had been leaking ATF out the rear yoke nut of my TC shaft. I thought it was the seal, but Chris figured out it must be the nut since the seal was dry. So when we got to the end of the trail I had to pull my DS and I got at least a half turn on the nut. Thankfully (again) Chris had a 1 1/8" socket for the nut. Sealed up the leak too.
                      Watch the board, let's see if we can meet up again. Otherwise, plan to do so next year on the Rubicon Trail.
                      Best regards
                      Yes I remeber you, and yes your daughter sure was keepin us laughin at the fire: she sure has one hell of a sassy mouth on her :thumbs_up lol anyways, I definately plan on doing more runs with you guys. And for sure the con' next year again!

Comment

Great pictures..looks like a whole lota fun!!!
                        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                          FANCY Pics as always!! Burlap bag! Chris welding barefoot! Look at all this I missed!
                          He's not barefoot, he's wearing his socks.
                          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
                            <signed on under Chris> Erik ... It's Sherry. I'll sign up but I have to get me one o them bitchin pics to go with my sign on ... may take me a while .... Where's the sushi!!!

Love ya man!
                            hey sherry!
                            we'll have to see what we can do about getting you a nice pic to have as an avatar...
                            no doubt, we'll have to get some sushi.
                            love you too, sweety :wink:
                            ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                              He's not barefoot, he's wearing his socks.
                              Now that's FUNNY hahahahahah
                              03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                              "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                                Sorry about the locker Tom, do we think it's an install thing? :confused:
                                Not sure but it's going to be fixed with a different locker, probably a full locker. The shop is going to give me a full credit towards a new one and the guy felt really bad and was just as surprised as we all were that it failed like it did since I'm not a heavy footed hammer kinda driver.

We had just started up the granite, I think I was the only one who didn't spin the tires getting up the first part (got a short video Tam) but then CJDirkbiker needed some repairs to his tail pipe. Maybe 20 yards further up I was turning when it started popping and making a nasty sound, I thought I broke the D44 shaft (that would have been an easy fix) but no, it was over at that point. With the cover off it was clear the Con got the best of me and having my 9 year old with didn't help. She saw the tears of disappointment, gave me a big hug and said "it's alright dad". I knew then it would be. We spent the next few days camping, making friends, wishing we were with the group but made the best of it. That Sunday with much help from many we made it to San Fransisco for the second half of our planned vacation. We had a great time. I'm just getting home now with Jeep in tow and off to the shop tomorrow.

I couldn't have been with a better group of people during a rough time. A big thanks to Chris and Erik for getting me off the trail, Terry for getting my Jeep to Sacremento (have you checked you ash tray? Just a small token of thanks to help with the gas) and the support of the entire group plus Tam's phone call as soon as she got cell service to see how I was, YOU ALL ROCK. Great pictures too.

Down but not out. I was looking forward to leaving some paint behind, maybe next year.

Tom, Black & Tan TJ

Comment

Working...
                                X