Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 6-27-05

It was my first time to run miller, but it was a great experience. We meet up at Flying J’s at 9am; BOY “Chris” and his friend Megan were late. After a good and hearty breakfast we headed for the trail, leading was Paul and his nephew Parker, second was Chris and Megan, third was Jeremy and his cousin Ryan, and tail gunning was me and my friend Colette. We hit the trail around 10:30; we started on the Lockwood end and made our way to miller. The beginning of Lockwood proved to be the hardest part, having Ryan jump on my hood from me rollin. Then we made our accent, and decent to the bottom of Lockwood. At the entrance and miller we all decided to play around, Paul went to flex on the ramp tree when he broke a U-joint. Great spot to break it, under a tree with a picnic table. We fixed the problem and started to head up miller, no problems till we hit the steep section with rocks, Chris slashed a tire and I came to the rescue with the trusty old tire plugs, it did the job and we were on our way. Most of the way back was fine; I had a little fluid leak from my rear yoke and some diff scares but nothing to bad. It was a great run I had a great time with everyone who came out. Thanks Paul for being trail boss, Chris and Megan for there antics, Jeremy and Ryan for the great CB convo, Colette for riding with me, and Barker for going threw all of it. Now time for pics

Lockwood/Miller
    Last edited by assyrianplyr127; 06-27-05, 10:47 PM.
    ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
    |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
    ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
    Locked and Ready

Good write-up. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and hope to hit the trails with you guys again. Good jeeps, good people, goodtimes.

NO COMMENT bad tree, bad!

“Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

you guys needed an XJ for some real action :shades:
      87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
      ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Sweet pics!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

looks sweet. pics are great.
          If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

4th pic. Is that vehicle driving off the side of the trail? If so, bad move..............

Jason
            The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
              4th pic. Is that vehicle driving off the side of the trail? If so, bad move..............

Jason
              Yes, I drove up the side of the trail to get out of the way so the jeeps behind me wouldn't be sitting in the river where there is an endangered species of pacific tree frogs that live there. Thanks for mentioning that to me though, I will make sure to plant some more trees today.

Comment

There is NEVER an acceptable excuse for driving off the posted trail - and that one certainly wasn't
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Fun time! we had a great group of people.....nothing too serious to stop us in our tracks and we all had fun.... pictures are on the way. and yes, that was a fun CB conversation
                  1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

pics

Kabob Hill

The SQUEEZE

couple other goof arounds
                    1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

Originally posted by BOY
                      Yes, I drove up the side of the trail to get out of the way so the jeeps behind me wouldn't be sitting in the river where there is an endangered species of pacific tree frogs that live there. Thanks for mentioning that to me though, I will make sure to plant some more trees today.
                      OK smartass.......Like Old Fart said, there is NO acceptable excuse for driving off of the trail. For any reason...........EVER!!! It is people like you who ruin it for the rest of us. We just put in a lot of hours up in Big Bear last weekend working on the trails and you come in here posting pix of yourself doing something stupid and you are proud of it. Let me ask you this.......Do you see anything wrong with what you did or are you so disrespectful of rules and your surroundings that you think it is OK to drive off of the trails?

Thanx for making all offroaders look bad...........

Jason
                      The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

I've got to chime in here. It's tough sometimes to know what the proper thing to do is. There's so many different views and so many different people with their own it's hard to choose sometimes, especially as a new off roader, like Boy and myself. He thought he was doing the right thing by getting out of the way by going up a mostly dirt burm to so he could let a group pass that would otherwise be sitting in a stream. Boy has been on a few patrols with us in Big Bear, he's not the tear it up just because it's there type. He respects the trails and the issues that surround them as much as any of us. Rather then snapping at someone, explain what he should have done instead. That's something I come across a lot, those who know, rarely want to take the time to explain things in better detail to those who don't. I have problems with a few guys on the OHV yahoo group simply because that's the only attitude I've ever gotten from them. I'd love to help them out, and they complain about needing more people to fight the good fight, but when asked a stupid (to them) question that could really explain something or help a newbie, they give a stupid answer that continues to confuse us or just pisses us off.

Comment

Originally posted by socalchef
                          I've got to chime in here. It's tough sometimes to know what the proper thing to do is. There's so many different views and so many different people with their own it's hard to choose sometimes, especially as a new off roader, like Boy and myself. He thought he was doing the right thing by getting out of the way by going up a mostly dirt burm to so he could let a group pass that would otherwise be sitting in a stream. Boy has been on a few patrols with us in Big Bear, he's not the tear it up just because it's there type. He respects the trails and the issues that surround them as much as any of us. Rather then snapping at someone, explain what he should have done instead. That's something I come across a lot, those who know, rarely want to take the time to explain things in better detail to those who don't. I have problems with a few guys on the OHV yahoo group simply because that's the only attitude I've ever gotten from them. I'd love to help them out, and they complain about needing more people to fight the good fight, but when asked a stupid (to them) question that could really explain something or help a newbie, they give a stupid answer that continues to confuse us or just pisses us off.
                          Nice!!
                          94' XJ,4.0,Tera Low 4:1
                          D44/9inch, Locked, 36x14.50 TSL's and way to much lift

Comment

This says it best ...

I don't really think there is an argument here, but more of a lesson to be learned.
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

word.

would do good to have that at every trailhead.

Comment

Working...
                              X