Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socalchef
    word.

would do good to have that at every trailhead.
    hehe, i knew that sign would come in handy
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I have no problem with helping someone learn. I teach for a living. In my first post I asked a question. I only snapped back because of the "I'll plant a tree" comment. To me, that came off as being a smartass.

Jason
      The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

no worries

Comment

Ok guys seriously, this was a post i made to give about a fun run, i dont know why you have to make this a big deal, he went off te trail for 2 secs to let us pass. Please old fart and loop choke dont start trouble, it was a good run please dont make this thread a bad one. L8er
          ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
          |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
          ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
          Locked and Ready

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
            I only snapped back because of the "I'll plant a tree" comment. To me, that came off as being a smartass.

Maybe he was being serious? No I'm kidding.

BTW nice write up. Looks like a blast! Paul, your jeep looks sick! Done alot of stuff since I have seen it? Nice work...

Comment

because of the rain last year you can go many places in the SBNF and see where people have gone off trail to get around a mud hole, and burned in a new trail. I am sure that all intentions are good but it does not help our situation, and the sitch is this, the more damage the more closed trails> I think that jumping on someone is very counter productive, infact it flairs the situation up. Not only do the ones who go off trail, no matter what the intent is, need education, but the person who snaps at them also.
              It is like someone shouting at you for no reason, you get mad.
              An education campaign such as the one that was launched in the 60s to get litterbugs to stop is more realistic, and will get better results.

How much would it cost to put up a few signs like that?
              and would the benefit be better than jumping on someone before you had heard the entire story? If the person in question thinks he is correct, he needs guidence. not a public a--chewing. A good leader NEVER chews someone out in public, he advices or deals out disapline in private.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

so with that said, we've all said our piece, let's get it back to the trail report and leave this at that.
                If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

wow...that was kinda intense! good pics, good write up...BREAKIN THE LAW! seriously, californians are so much more sensitive.
                  87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
                  ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                    wow...that was kinda intense! good pics, good write up...BREAKIN THE LAW! seriously, californians are so much more sensitive.
                    Kill a tree go to jail.
                    Yeah, but if in the middle of the night, someone breaks into my house with God knows what intentions, and I shoot and kill them in the dark,
                    I go to jail.
                    Don't you love it.
                    Can't beat the weather though.
                    :hijack:
                    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

It's not about who's sensitive and who's not, it's about trails not tracks and keeping our trails open. We're trying to create good by doing good here at MJR, and if you haven't already noticed we do take these issues a little more seriously than most.

Like socalchef said, if this doesn't get back on topic this thread will be closed. Thank you.

Comment

It looks like a great time was had by all
                        I was going to hit miller around september this year, thanks for the report

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                          It looks like a great time was had by all
                          I was going to hit miller around september this year, thanks for the report
                          One thing I don't think was mentioned was the weather and it was perfect, never got too warm. I think any futher into summer and you'll be scorched up there.

Comment

we go camping for a week every year in the Los Angelus forest, thats when I hit a few trails up there, it usually isn't bad by the end og august.

Comment

Originally posted by assyrianplyr127
                              Ok guys seriously, this was a post i made to give about a fun run, i dont know why you have to make this a big deal, he went off te trail for 2 secs to let us pass. Please old fart and loop choke dont start trouble, it was a good run please dont make this thread a bad one. L8er
                              It is a big deal. There is no reason to go off of the trail for any reason. All of the work we put in to clean up trails, close side trails, break up illegal fire rings, and keep trails open is all for naught if people think it is OK to do it "for 2 seconds" Then the next person see the tracks that that person made and think it is OK to drive there. Pretty soon there is a new, unauthorized trail burned in where it is not supposed to be.

If trying to keep the trails we do have open is starting trouble, then I guess I am a troublemaker.

Jason

P.S. This is my last post on the subject. The thread can now go back on topic.
                              J
                              Last edited by loop choke; 06-28-05, 08:56 PM.
                              The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Good point.
                                Also, if you notice in the pic, my jeep is in front of his and if I had remembered my trail etiquette I should have moved up to give others room to move up. I feel a little responsible being the old dude there.

Comment

Working...
                                X