Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ersatz
    i want to go to either, but is there anything iyou really need for both trial runs? read sig and see what i need?
    you'd be fine on either run.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

fantastic! all i need is take "princess" to the mechanic to change seal between engine and tranny and i will see if i can go.

hopefully my sort of worn out all terrain tires can handle it
      Carlos

92 YJ
      GO VEGAN!
      volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Am I reading this right?????????? Sat-chance of thunder storms in BB and snow showers in Barstow?? sounds like BB is the better bet. Still haven't got that zipper fixed so I don't know about either run.....No windows means wet......I don't like (me) wet......cold.........no problems
        1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Originally posted by sam 15
          Am I reading this right?????????? Sat-chance of thunder storms in BB and snow showers in Barstow?? sounds like BB is the better bet. Still haven't got that zipper fixed so I don't know about either run.....No windows means wet......I don't like (me) wet......cold.........no problems
          damn weather service. i think they have a screw loose.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
            damn weather service. i think they have a screw loose.

You can bet if it "snows" in Barstow it certainly won't stick.

JL
            Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Ok folks, so i'm not going to mapquest the route to Big Bear because i dont want to be lead on closed roads. What's the route to the firestation from LAX? Thanks.

Comment

Looks like the weather service thinks the worst will be over Sat morn.

JL

"Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN BERNARDINO AND RIVERSIDE COUNTY VALLEYS-THE INLAND EMPIRE- SAN DIEGO COUNTY VALLEYS- SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY MOUNTAINS- RIVERSIDE COUNTY MOUNTAINS- SANTA ANA MOUNTAINS AND FOOTHILLS- SAN DIEGO COUNTY MOUNTAINS- APPLE AND LUCERNE VALLEYS- COACHELLA VALLEY- SAN DIEGO COUNTY DESERTS- 730 PM PST THU FEB 10 2005
                ... WARM WET STORM TO BRING HEAVY RAINFALL TO SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA LATE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING...

A LARGE LOWER LATITUDE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS DEVELOPING WELL TO THE SOUTHWEST OF SAN DIEGO. THIS UPPER LOW WILL DRAW ABUNDANT TROPICAL MOISTURE NORTHWARD INTO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND ARIZONA. HEAVY RAINFALL IS POSSIBLE ACROSS A BROAD AREA OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA... ARIZONA... AND NORTHWEST MEXICO FOR TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY.

RAIN WILL BEGIN TO SPREAD INTO SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA FROM THE SOUTH TONIGHT... POSSIBLY BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES FRIDAY. HEAVIEST RAINFALL IS EXPECTED OVER THE MOUNTAINS AND LOWER DESERTS WITH LESSER AMOUNTS TO THE NORTH AND WEST. MODERATE TO HEAVY RAINFALL IS POSSIBLE OVER MUCH OF SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY EVENING.

PRELIMINARY RAINFALL ESTIMATES ARE FOR ONE HALF INCH OVER ORANGE COUNTY AND THE INLAND EMPIRE... WITH AMOUNTS INCREASING TO THREE QUARTERS TO ONE AND ONE HALF INCHES OVER EASTERN RIVERSIDE AND SAN DIEGO COUNTIES. LOCALLY HEAVIER AMOUNTS OF TWO INCHES OR MORE WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THUNDERSTORMS... AND ON SOUTH AND EAST FACING MOUNTAIN SLOPES. THE GREATEST POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING WITH THIS EVENT WILL BE IN THE DESERTS... WHERE WASHES DRAIN THE EAST SLOPES OF THE MOUNTAINS AND FOOTHILLS. ALSO... PERSISTENT MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN OVER RECENTLY BURNED AREAS COULD RESULT IN ROCK AND MUDSLIDES AND FLASH FLOODING.

THIS IS A SUBTROPICAL SYSTEM AND DUE TO THE WARM... MOIST SOUTHERLY FLOW ASSOCIATED WITH IT... ANY SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN ABOVE 8000 FEET. MELTING SNOW ABOVE 6000 FEET WILL ADD TO THE RUNOFF DRAINING THE SAN BERNARDINO AND SAN JACINTO MOUNTAINS.

RAIN IS EXPECTED TO DECREASE FROM THE NORTHWEST FRIDAY NIGHT AND END SATURDAY AS THE STORM MOVES EAST INTO ARIZONA."

Comment

Originally posted by manning
                  Ok folks, so i'm not going to mapquest the route to Big Bear because i dont want to be lead on closed roads. What's the route to the firestation from LAX? Thanks.

You can take the 10 to the 30 to the 330 to the 38, I think. Don't quote me on that. CalTrans website says those roads are all open.

JL

Comment

do we have a meet time place and trails picked yet?
                    its friday and raining in Riverside
                    which way are they going let us up?
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                      do we have a meet time place and trails picked yet?
                      its friday and raining in Riverside
                      which way are they going let us up?
                      So who's going? Anyone NOT going if the weather's snowy?

According to Cal Trans, all roads to Big Bear are open as of now

Meeting place is in front of the fire station at Fawnskin. Time is 9:30am. The plan right now is to go up 3N14, then it all depends on conditions and what rigs we have. If conditions are bad, then we'll probably head west on 3N16 so we're going lower in elevation. If things look good, we'll head over to Lower Larga. If anyone has a trail they really want us to hit, holler. But I think it will all depend on what we find when we get there. Forecast is for mostly rain, with some snow. Lot's of snud
                      Last edited by Jeri Lyn; 02-11-05, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I am not going ;(
                        Supe
                        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Okay gang, I'm in......I got the window to zip, so I'm good....blackZZR, I'm coming from Palm Desert, so if you want to meet somewhere around where the 10 meets the 30, we can drive up the mountain together, I'll PM you with my cell # also.
                          1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

friday 12 noon and raining hard in riverside
                            news says snow level is 8000, that means rain on the trails
                            will be calling Big Bear Discovery center around 3 to check conditions of trails
                            Sam 15 got your message, will call later if it looks good
                            am nervously considering Anza area

Comment

Big Bear discovery center as of 3:45 says, trails open, 2 days of rain, trails solid mud with a possibility of overnight freeze.

whats up guys?

Comment

i guess this doesnt look to good
                                Carlos

92 YJ
                                GO VEGAN!
                                volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Working...
                                X