Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOY
    cough...gold mountain?...cough rocks cough is caroleen going to be present>

You're a nut. Are those your suggestions for the run? :omg: JK. Now the forecast is saying snow for Big Bear area on the 11th and further snow a possibility on the 12th. Hmmm...

Don't know if Carolee's a go. She might have to work.

JL
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Gold Mountain is fun but if I get to go I don't really care what we run.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Snow for 11th and 12th??? not looking good now......half way broke a zipper back driver side window.......I say half broke because the zipper is still there, but the little metal end that starts the zip is gone, and I havent been able to get the durn thing zipped. I'll keep trying. See if I can find an boat place to fix it, but I can tell you now......no zip no go....Daaaaang
        1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Originally posted by sam 15
          Snow for 11th and 12th??? not looking good now......half way broke a zipper back driver side window.......I say half broke because the zipper is still there, but the little metal end that starts the zip is gone, and I havent been able to get the durn thing zipped. I'll keep trying. See if I can find an boat place to fix it, but I can tell you now......no zip no go....Daaaaang

Aaawww, come on. What's a little snow and cold? That's why Jeeps have such good heaters and they were made to be washed out, and why longjohns were invented. Besides, the weather forecast will definitely change by then.... probably to 100% chance of snow

Comment

If you go on 3n08, the snow, at the time of the last run, was still too deep for me to go through. I had to go 4', back up 30', and go another 4'. Also, after the big mine, there is a reall long hill climb that will probably be washed out from the rains. If there is a lot of snow it will be difficult to complete this climb. I am not saying you can't do it, I just want you to know what the trail is like after the point we stopped. If I can, I may even join you. (if you will have me)

Jason
            The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
              If you go on 3n08, the snow, at the time of the last run, was still too deep for me to go through. I had to go 4', back up 30', and go another 4'. Also, after the big mine, there is a reall long hill climb that will probably be washed out from the rains. If there is a lot of snow it will be difficult to complete this climb. I am not saying you can't do it, I just want you to know what the trail is like after the point we stopped. If I can, I may even join you. (if you will have me)

Jason
              Of course we'll have you!

What we run will of course depend on the weather.

Comment

Well I will not be able to make it for this trip.

The test run yesterday went awesome but I destroyed my tie-rod, what a shock

I do have a replacement on but I am not going to be doing any Jeeping until I get that area beefed up.
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Can I come tooooo ? I get off at 0700, so I will haul butt to get there asap !
                  Last edited by FRMNJJ; 02-06-05, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Minimum requirements for this event?

Comment

FyrmanJJ, of course you can come. Would 9:30am make it easier on you?

anilorakt,I would recommend as minimum requirements the Cal4Wheel safety list which you can find at www.cal4wheel.com. If you're talking tire size, open diffs vs. locked, don't worry if you don't have all the bells and whistles. At least one of the jeeps going is stock, except for larger tires and a slight lift. We won't leave you behind!

I would suggest you dress weather/condition appropriate, and bring food and warm clothes in case - heaven forbid - we get stuck and the fire dept is not available.

Jeri Lyn
                      Last edited by Jeri Lyn; 02-06-05, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anilorakt
                        Minimum requirements for this event?
                        Cetrov's Oldie but Goodie Thread on Group Runs

I'd add some basic equipment:
                        • tow points, front and rear
                        • your own tow strap (no metal), don't muddy someone elses strap getting YOU out
                        • way to air down and up
                        • OEM bottle jack or hydraulic jack to lift axle for rock stacking
                        • good sense of humor and adventure

Consider undercarriage skids too.
                        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                          heaven forbid - we get stuck and the fire dept is not available.

Jeri Lyn
                          Dont jinx us now!!!
                          Supe
                          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                            Dont jinx us now!!!
                            Awww, we'll be okay. If not, that's were the weather appropriate clothes and extra food comes in hand....
                            :omg:

Comment

gold mountain is fun in the snow,
                              anyway, I recomend a run down the snow road also, it is a easy trail but in the smow it can be a lot of fun and great scenery, runs between fawnskin and grassy(?) lake. The road itself is easy but it has some fun side shoots, plus you will love the snow vistas
                              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                                gold mountain is fun in the snow,
                                anyway, I recomend a run down the snow road also, it is a easy trail but in the smow it can be a lot of fun and great scenery, runs between fawnskin and grassy(?) lake. The road itself is easy but it has some fun side shoots, plus you will love the snow vistas
                                That's an idea Are you comin' Sat? I think we're between 2 and 6 vehicles, depending on who shows.

By the way, the forecast changed, now it's supposed to be mainly clear, high of mid 50's.

Comment

Working...
                                X