X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that I may be joining you all!
    4:1 ratio racing

Comment

All right! So, the weather has been stormy, with the snow level reaching down to around 4500 tonight, or so they're predicting. More rain on the way tomorrow (Tuesday), so it will most likely be very wet up there this weekend, with a lot of run off from the melting snow and the heavy rain we've been having. I think we'll be smart to stick to 3N14 and 3N16, since they're well maintained beneath all the mud and snow.

Jeri Lyn
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

I wish I could join you guys on this one. ;(
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Hwy 18 Closed to Big Bear

Hwy 18 to Big Bear will be close for some time. Road is washed out (picks to come, didn't bring my camrea to work) The Road is washed out (Pavement and all) across from Mitsubishi Cement Plant.
          [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Comment

Tito would like to go on this trip if the roads are open. Is the rally point still Fawnskin fire station Jan 15, 0900?
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Nice pics, Dan. I'd heard about the road closure, but originally they said it'd be open "in a few days". Somehow I doubt it will be fixed by Sat.

The rally point is set for Fawnskin Fire Station at 10am. I'd make it earlier, but I'm going to have to come around the long way (up the 15 to the 30) so the trip's going to take me twice as long. Unless I come up from Juniper Flats. Hmmmmm

Jeri Lyn

Comment

Just got back from 3n14 juction 3n16, Freind stuck his truck in on of the water run offs. 1 Ton dodge 4x4 Gee and thet say a jeep is a wimp. I didnt have the heartt to take any pix's

What goes around comes around.

Comment

wow, killer pics, dan!
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Er, what do you mean, the road is closed... It looks fine to me. I say go up 18...

Nice pics, I especially like the Houghton Eff Winter statue - that's from Houghton, MI where I went to school. Every year during Winter Carnival people spend ridiculous quantities of time, money, and beer building "snow statues" for all manner of judging, competition, and drinking beer on/around.
                      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Just an update.......last I heard was that 18(Waterman)from the 30 is closed, 330(Running Springs) closed just after Highland Ave. exit, except to local traffic. And last but not least 38 from Mentone closed at some road or another, cant remember name. So unless they get roads fixed and cleared in the next 2 days.......I think you'll have 2 wait Jeri!!

Comment

Okay, I get into trouble because I don't listen to the voice in my head. Right now it's saying "Wait a week to go to Big Bear!"

I called the ranger station this morning and they have not been able to evaluate any trails and they are recommending no offroading. The storms hit everybody pretty bad and I don't think they need us up there getting into trouble. Plus, as Hurley37 (Joe) says, most roads up there are closed or in bad shape. So let's shoot for Saturday, Jan 22nd.

How's that sound to everybody? Of course, that means I'll spend this Sat in my driveway in the jeep making "vroom vroom" noises. :mad:

Jeri Lyn

Comment

anybody still going this weekend or Sat ?

Comment

I may be able to make the 22nd. That would be fun. Let some of the snow melt!!!
                              Supe
                              97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                              Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

The culvert across Hwy 18 has to be rebuilt. It's not going to be an easy Job. So Hwy18 will be closed for a while. If I find out any more info I will let everybody Know.

For now on when I pass this sign, I will be thinking of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X