X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoddard Valley: 12-26-04

Hey everyone, my jeep is finaly back in action and a little
    taller, I just wanted to invite you guys and gals out for
    another run to johnson valley for rocken fun. Let me know if anyone might be interested.... so far there is four of us going and I am sure more to come

who are the other 3??? :confused:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

One is Paul wih the red YJ, the other in George with the silver TJ, both you have been out with before, plus Mike with a Silver rubi on 37s and his dad with a CJ, and my self.

Comment

how hard will this run be ?

Comment

hard

Comment

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
            how hard will this run be ?
            depends on the trail, but none of 'em are easy.
            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Ant is being very deceiving when he says "Johnson Valley" The idea is to roam the general area. Not run the typical trails associated with JV. We're not running the Hammers, or anything near it. It's my understanding that there are lots of fun areas to explore around that area (at least that's what I was told when they convinced me to go). Some of the rigs going aren't even locked front or rear.

:omg:
              Last edited by GMagana; 12-16-04, 11:10 PM.

Comment

there are some pretty cool dunes to play on... if your into that sort of thing.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Thats fine, the hardest trail I have done so far with Loop Choke is John Bull, I knew the hammers was in that area and I know I cant make that................cool, Im going to call Jason and see if hes available too...thanks for the info guys

Comment

oh yeah any idea on the starting time. I go off duty at 7 am that day...... so please dont say that time.....

Comment

I was thinking about meeting up at the shell off the 15 and
                      sierra at 730am and leave by 800am. We might do pumpkin eater
                      insted if any one might be giong that is leary of jv. Pumpkin eater is another difficult trail but is doable on 33s, FyrmanJJ how built is your rig ???
                      if it is a stock rubi we should be able to get you through with spotting, and there is bypasses for most of the trail.
                      oh PE is in the same general direction so if we can decide to do one or the other.

Comment

I may be up for PE. I will see and let you know.

Jason
                        The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Do not attempt any hammer trails without front and rear hard lockers, recovery equipment and someone that knows the trails. And no dana 35 or super 35's. If you break your stuff on the trail, your looking at an extremely long day/weekend. The trails are very dug out right now from guys spinnig their 40's.
                          ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                          00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                          97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
                            Do not attempt any hammer trails without front and rear hard lockers, recovery equipment and someone that knows the trails. And no dana 35 or super 35's. If you break your stuff on the trail, your looking at an extremely long day/weekend. The trails are very dug out right now from guys spinnig their 40's.
                            but a dana 30 up front would be OK? right?

FG

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

A low pinion 30 will work, and should be hard locked {no limited slips} and you should carry spare axles and u-joints. A cherokee HP dana 30 would be 1/3rd stronger.
                              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Working...
                              X