Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, just got my TDS mailer. Reading Sunday's activities they say there is an Anza run, visiting the Pumpkin Patch and Calcite Mine. Anybody been there, think it's worth it, or is interested in going? I'm going to update the first post with directions to TDS.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

My first TDS

I haven't sent the money yet- but I plan on being there. I went to Superstition 7 and had a real blast. I heard this is even better/ larger.

However, I need to get a hard wired CB radio- my handheld CB ran out of juice after 5 hours.

Any advice about CB's?

Also what types of trails will the MJR group run or should I sign up for the sponsored runs? I'm more interested in checking out the area and doing only stress relieving moderate runs.

Dave

Comment

There is only one organized run. Most of us will probably just hit the trails together. The organized run will take forever.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I'm 90% sure I'll be joining you guys out there and hopefully, if funds come through, Chris from Rock-It Man will have my bumper there too and I'll be able to sumo smash the new addition against a few rocks while I'm out there.

What exactly will we need for the weekend? I'll be tenting it with a buddy of mine... hopefully we'll both be able just to ride out in the Jeep with the rear seat taken out and carrying all of our junk. If not then we'll be bringing 2 cars(Jeep and his Accord.)
          Bryan
          2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
          front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
          Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffa
            I'm 90% sure I'll be joining you guys out there and hopefully, if funds come through, Chris from Rock-It Man will have my bumper there too and I'll be able to sumo smash the new addition against a few rocks while I'm out there.

What exactly will we need for the weekend? I'll be tenting it with a buddy of mine... hopefully we'll both be able just to ride out in the Jeep with the rear seat taken out and carrying all of our junk. If not then we'll be bringing 2 cars(Jeep and his Accord.)
            Great! Welcome aboard! You'll need all of your camping gear, food, tools, and plenty of water. Have you been there before?

Comment

Never. This will be my first Jeep event.

I feel almost as if this is a big step in my baby Jeep's life. Almost like a de-viginizing. Sweet!
              Bryan
              2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
              front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
              Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffa
                Never. This will be my first Jeep event.

I feel almost as if this is a big step in my baby Jeep's life. Almost like a de-viginizing. Sweet!
                Ooo, we're good at breakin in the newbies, just ask Tam! Haha, I think I have a pic of her tearing endcaps and stuff off my Jeep. Seriously though, it's going to be a blast. There are a couple of threads around here regarding "what to take camping & wheeling" if you need help gathering your list. Feel free to ask any questions, there aren't many services around those parts.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                  Ooo, we're good at breakin in the newbies, just ask Tam! Haha, I think I have a pic of her tearing endcaps and stuff off my Jeep. Seriously though, it's going to be a blast. There are a couple of threads around here regarding "what to take camping & wheeling" if you need help gathering your list. Feel free to ask any questions, there aren't many services around those parts.
                  i think you are a bit confused, sweety
                  you were the one tearing off endcaps, and throwing your hard doors in the bushes . oh, and dont forget the necessity for immediate removal of the OEM side steps! HAHA :yay: :shades: :hat:
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by nailer341
                    i think you are a bit confused, sweety
                    Haha, true, but the endcaps were all Tam:

Either way though, I'll drink to that, hehe!

Comment

so who's all going? official headcount?
                      calendar event

Comment

i am in with dan riding shotgun.
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                          i am in with dan riding shotgun.
                          :smile: I'm in, son's done a good job with his grades so he will be there, Might even be a good time to start teaching him to drive off road... :omg: :poop: :tp:
                          04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                          4" rough country springs
                          Nth degree arms upper and lower
                          1" Currie MML/BL
                          Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                          33"BFG MT's
                          Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                            Hey all, just got my TDS mailer. Reading Sunday's activities they say there is an Anza run, visiting the Pumpkin Patch and Calcite Mine. Anybody been there, think it's worth it, or is interested in going? I'm going to update the first post with directions to TDS.

I haven't been to the Pumpkin Patch yet, but I have been to the Calcite Mine - it's a one way in, one way out trail. Has 2-3 off-camber/rocky sections. Can be done in a stock Jeep with some good spotting. At the end of the trail is a big area for everyone to park at. You can take a little hike up the "hill" for a good view of the area.

Comment

I'm in with my buddy Jordan. Like I said earlier, hopefully we'll have enough room for him to ride shotgun. If all goes well I should be able to get work off that Friday and start driving out there at like 1ish or so when I get out of school.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. Lets just hope we don't get lost on our way out there and find a nice spot in the MJR campsite to spend the weekend.

Comment

Sweet! Nobody should get lost ... it will be a pretty busy area in the middle of nowhere, and last year it was quite obvious. Finding the campsite was even very simple: follow the signs! We will also be monitoring ch 4 probably? so just ask for MyJeepRocks.com and someone should eventually respond.

M1Jeep, I think we'd be interesting in checking that area out this time. Let's doooo it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X