Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santiago Peak

I was really looking forward to this weekends Big Bear trip but unfortunatly I cant make it.

I am going to do the Main Divide on either Sat or Sunday (Probably Sunday) just to get out in the dirt, It seems that everyone including my self has been itching to get out on the dirt.

Real Melow but relaxing day. Lunch at the peak, etc.

Anyone is welcome to come and I am open switching the days up too.

I am thinking of going from Blue J Camp Ground all the way accross.
    Last edited by TJSUPE; 07-29-04, 10:59 AM.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Heres some photos from our run to main divide (santiago peak) this weekend.

__________________________________________________ __

Michael
    93 Cherokee ^ 4.5 Rusty's full suspension lift
    ^ Dick Cepeck FCII 31's ^ Much more to come

Comment

I see new tires on the Libby???
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

yep goodyear MT/R's and boy do they rock

Michael

Comment

your turn Al.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

howd that Hummer do? I like how it had one tire off the ground

Tam
            Last edited by JeepGal; 08-23-04, 02:04 AM.
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

that hummer looks HUGE next to your liberty!! cool pics too looks like fun!
              B R E T T
              87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Well... the hummer had a couple tires down. Got him up and running. It was pretty cool seeing that huge hummer on the trail.

It was a fun half day trip. Someone actually left their old oily oil filter and mess on the trail. So we picked that up. it would be nice to bring a trash bag next time. I say a few spots where there was piles of trash left over from little party's.
                Supe
                97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Nice tires on the Libby!!!!!!!

Jason
                  80)
                  The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

A long long time ago, when I was a teenager, we took a stock Toyota uo there, with our Dune Buggy The trail looks like it got a bit harder

I pick up trash and cans all the time...I challeneged everyone while on the Rubicon to do the same thing, and Ill challenge ALL of you that read this post to do the same thing. If we all did this, it could change the nasty reputation that we have been given by the ecologists.

My biggest concern is that if I pick up empty beer cans on the trail, will I get fined for open container if I get pulled over?

Good work on keep the trail clean!

Tam

Comment

I dont think it would be a problem if they were in a trash bag in the back of your vehicle. I dont think they would look all that new anyways..

Can you recycle oil filters? I mean I obviously woudnt just throw it away.

Those hills were were on are little side trails off the Main Divide trail.
                      Supe

Comment

We did John Bull yesterday. When we were leaving we got behind a bunch of Jeeps unfortunately. The last guy in line did not see me behind him. He threw an empty beer can out the window. I pulled up next to him and told him he better pick it up. (not as nice as that either) He did. We then noticed that 2 of the Jeeps were broken. I was walking up to see if they would let us pass. Another guy threw an empty beef jerky wrappper and a cassette tape out the window. Again they did not see me coming (swift, silent, and deadly 80) I picked the stuff up and threw it at him through the window and said "You dropped this" He looked at me and I could see he wanted to say something. He didn't.

I cannot understand why people do that. They come up to the mountains to enjoy the trees and fresh air and then don't care about the next guy that has to look at (and pick up ) their trash. And then they wonder why they want to shut down all the trails.......

DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!!!!

Jason
                        The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Jeez. That sucks. Im glad you took the initiative and did what you did. I honestly dont have it in me to confront people, but I would have taken a picture of their plates, in front of them.

Good Job LoopChook!

Tam

Comment

I found an empty Starbucks coffe cup on the top of a mountain when i was in tahoe. Some people :mad:
                            B R E T T
                            87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

this was definetly a fun trip. Cant wait to go on the next one. I cant believe people throw things like that, I am glad you did that jason. Did you see if they were part of a club or anything. If they were we should report it to the cal 4wd assoc. or other govorning body. That really gets on my nerves. Other than the litter bugs hope you had a good trip to john bull. The hummers tire that had a gash and stick in it kinda sucked, but we had a spare. He took it easy the rest of the trip though. he didnt want to get another flat and have no more spares. If anyone is down in orange county and wants to do this trip in the future let us know, its one of my favorites. And its super closes to me.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X