Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look on E-bay they have two 241's. Pirate has two plus two atlas's also. Look on E-bay,Craiglist,and Pirate every day they come up all the time.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I will, thank you!

My friend Stan at JPi in Yucapai will be doing the install. I'll talk to him about it.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

I'm sure they can find you one.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Guess that's not the problem... ax5 trans is the problem and can't get an adaptor..so I get to pay for the Atlas.
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Who told you that?

Comment

Stan at JPi...I think Russ and I discussed this 3 years ago too.
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Is what he explained to me...

"we either change trans and t case, or go atlas. And the atlas has to be one for an ax5 also. "
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Curtis, 4 banger with a AX5 trans uses a 21 spline output shaft.
                  6 cyl with AX15, NV3500 or NGS370 trans all use a 23 spline output shaft.
                  Since the Rubicon transfercase has a 23 spline input shaft it's a no go
                  It's either get a 4 cyl Dodge Dakota bellhousing and a AX15 trans and then buy the 241 transfer case
                  Or buy a Atlas, the more obvious route would be a Atlas, unless her transmission would give out beforehand

Comment

Well thats to bad.

Comment

That's exactly how I feel..I always have to get things done the hard way.
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

If I may ask. What is the total cost on the atlas and install? If it's not, sorry for asking. You can tell me to ---- off. LOL
                        Last edited by curtis; 02-17-13, 07:03 PM.

Comment

It's going be a little bit But I'm tired of Wanting this..it's time just to fork out the cash.

If I could afford a car note plus have wheeling money, I'd buy another jeep. But I don't make enough. It's one or the other. No sense in having a Jeep I can't wheel.
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                            Is what he explained to me...

"we either change trans and t case, or go atlas. And the atlas has to be one for an ax5 also. "
                            Nice to know, I was thinking of passing the 241 over to you - but I guess it goes in tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                              Nice to know, I was thinking of passing the 241 over to you - but I guess it goes in tomorrow.
                              whaaa? Noooo..that would have been the nicest thing anyone would have offered to do for me..

I'm leaving for Vegas this morning..maybe I'll win enough for a toy, truck and trailer...

Oh and hey...I'm up early every day between 330-4am for work...this is normal for me LOL saw one of posts had a question mark at my time I posted about Brandon coming to CB. Normal time for a normal girl

Wish me luck! If I hit the motherload in Vegas, I'll share with my friends!
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Mike, the 4:1 is a world of difference on the trails. I'm so glad I swapped mine last year!
                                "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Working...
                                X