Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cakewalk and Beyond

We had a pretty good turnout today at the CB's to run the Cakewalk trail. I didn't get a final vehicle count, but we decided to make this just one run instead of two.

Met a lot of new people on this run - hope to see you guys out there again.

We didn't really have any vehicle damage to amount to much - my rear shock mount broke, but didn't cause much of a problem. Barbie did her best to keep us entertained on the trail and did a pretty good job of it. But towards the end of the trail she got lost somehow, but ended up back at camp unharmed.

Thanks to everyone that joined us - a great group and hope to do it again soon - BTW we never did get to run the new stuff out there today. I guess we'll have to plan another run sometime.

I'm not sure how this happened, but I was holding the dumb end of the tape on this one - so we'll practice the "don't ask - don't tell" policy here.

Lorie's Jeep didn't have any damage an no hurt feelings either - I got the impression she enjoyed it, like it was part of the fun.

Slideshow - allow time to load up.
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Last edited by mkjeepers; 02-09-13, 10:18 PM.

Awesome picture, im sure she just that's her new way to say hi.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen this side of Lorie before. I've got to get my Jeep back up and running.

Comment

Lorrie likes to give it throttle, to get those 4 hamsters running faster! Not surprised the front end go that high up, haha! Absolutely great photo though, and great sticker placement

Wish I could have been there! CB never ceases to be fun!

Mike, what's the plan for the shock mount? just repair it? or beef it up? I've been wanting to do something with my shock/control-arm mounts, to prevent farther damage/bending, let us know what you do
        Last edited by daniel_buck; 02-09-13, 10:46 PM.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

You can see Barbie thinking here, maybe I shoulda let Ken drive this one

You go gurl

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post

Mike, what's the plan for the shock mount? just repair it? or beef it up? I've been wanting to do something with my shock/control-arm mounts, to prevent farther damage/bending, let us know what you do
            I need the Jeep next weekend, so I'm going to try welding some reinforcement steel on the bracket for now. Might find some heavy duty one's and have them welded on later.

Comment

Great pictures again Mike, your camera does such great color.
              Fun relaxing run, even Lori was layed back! :-)
              Lots of yellow jeeps, my favorite.
              I would like to try your new route sometime.

Mike
              "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Good work like usual Mike! One of these days I want to set up a photo run to and get some poser photo shoots put together and maybe do an MJR calendar. I've been playing with HDR photos and have been real intrigued by the results, just have had a chance to play with it on the rocks.
                "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Taphorn View Post
                  Good work like usual Mike! One of these days I want to set up a photo run to and get some poser photo shoots put together and maybe do an MJR calendar. I've been playing with HDR photos and have been real intrigued by the results, just have had a chance to play with it on the rocks.
                  I would be up to that.

Comment

Great pics Mike.
                    Again thank you for a great job in leading this run. I had a great time.
                    Awsome group of wheelers. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

I'm looking forward for the next one.

Joe.

Comment

Thanks Mike had a good time as always out there at CB.
                      I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

YOU ROCK!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Thanks guys, I had a great time out there as well - thanks again to all for coming. Got to run the new trail soon.

Comment

Wow what excitement!!!

You always deliver the goods, Mike.
                            [COLOR="#8B4513"]'07 FJ Cruiser / Trail Snail :[/COLOR] http://www.flickr.com/photos/100987726@N04/sets/72157635368968357/

Comment

Had a great time Mike. Lorie just needs a 4 to 1 transfer so she doesn't have to work that clutch so much.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                              X