Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I won't make it Sunday, still have demons in my fuel tank. Gonna go find a priest. Have fun!
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

unfortunately i'm going to have to bow out this weekend i found out tonight (after i got the Jeep packed, of course) that the gf's old car that we're trying to sell won't hold a charge. hopefully it just needs a new battery, but I'm going to try to get it straightened out tomorrow.

see y'all in big bear next weekend

chuck
      :hat:

Comment

Well, Im also gonna have to bow out, Had a loooonnnnggggggg day at work due to the fire at the 14/5 split today, Made a very long day, My second load today went to LA on wilshire and took 4.5 hrs to get there, this was after already working almost 5 ours before leaving for LA, Hope all goes well and y'all have a great time...
        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
        4" rough country springs
        Nth degree arms upper and lower
        1" Currie MML/BL
        Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
        33"BFG MT's
        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

There's fires all over that place , did anyone get torched? :confused:
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Hey Paul,
            On Saturday Paul Tyler and I went both directions on Lookout Trail, great trail. As I was leaving @approx 1pm the 14 was open but closed shortly after that. It looked amazing seeing the flames that close and as large as they were, lucky to get through I guess. The next morning I went back with another friend Paul, (seem I'm only wheelin' with Pauls lately, 3 different one, what a world) the fire had burned to the freeway which was open at that time. Not so amazing this time, just distruction. We went a ran the Rowher trail (I'll post pictrures) since Paul runs his stock WJ Grand. We had fun and went to have lunch @In&Out on Sand Cyn. The winds had changed and it looked like it was snowing and overcast from the ash. We finished lunch and got out-a-there, just in time since they closed the 14fwy again. Watching the news it looks like the fire came fairly close to where we were having lunch, but it would have had to burn a long way before it got to Rowher area so I think it safe.
            We to made it home safe, I'm just glad timing was on my side ("Time is on my side yes it is..."). Sorry about that, that song pop into my head. Anyway had a good time both days, time to clean the Jeep, do some maintance and be ready for the next adventure.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Glad to hear everything went well. I just talked to Jim at JC Fab and he said the fire started over in his area, in fact he said he called the FD and they hesitated getting over there, by then the fire was everywhere.
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I read today that the fire at the 14/5 was started by a BBQ'd bird that flew into a tranformer then fell to the ground.
                04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                4" rough country springs
                Nth degree arms upper and lower
                1" Currie MML/BL
                Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                33"BFG MT's
                Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by New one
                  I read today that the fire at the 14/5 was started by a BBQ'd bird that flew into a tranformer then fell to the ground.
                  I heard the same thing, "a red tail hawk was seen on fire falling to the ground after hitting power lines" witnesses said. Does this mean the birds family can sue the power company for obstructing it's flight path? What a world.

Too bad for the bird, B&T TJ

Comment

Working...
                  X