Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paultyler
    Tell me more about the mud pit. Is there mud in it this time of year?

Have'nt been there in a while. I think it's dried up until Sept or something until they open the resevoir. I'll try to make Rower this weekend, still don't know.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Would Sunday work better for others intrested in Rowher? And a earlier start lets say trail head @ 8:30?

Paul Tyler I left you a message on your cell. Looks like Sat. would just be you and I. My friend, another Paul can't go Sat. but early Sun. is good for him and perhaps others here. Either is good for me.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Im gonna have to back out, sounds like might be too much for me as have no lockers, plus need to do some honey dooos so can make another trip sometime... Plus found a great deal on a car for my daughter and gonna pick it up sunday am.. Hope y'all have a great time and I will be wishing i was there...
        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
        4" rough country springs
        Nth degree arms upper and lower
        1" Currie MML/BL
        Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
        33"BFG MT's
        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by New one
          Im gonna have to back out, sounds like might be too much for me as have no lockers, Hope y'all have a great time and I will be wishing i was there...
          Rowher isn't that diffcult of a trail, there's bypasses for all technical areas. In fact this is a good place as well as Hungry Valley to get your feet wet and improve your chops. Now something like Lockwood/Miller trails are a bit more but still can be made with stockers and no lift. Pick a good line with a good spotter and you'd be surprise what you can do.
          It's all about having fun and making it w/o damaging our toys, well for me at least.

Happy trails, B&T TJ

Comment

Im gonna have to back out, sounds like might be too much for me as have no lockers, plus need to do some honey dooos so can make another trip sometime... Plus found a great deal on a car for my daughter and gonna pick it up sunday am.. Hope y'all have a great time and I will be wishing i was there...
            Rowher's not that hard. That first hill off Bouquet may give a stocker a challenge but besides that it's pretty tame. My buddy did it stock on bald 31's. :cake:
            What kind a car you gettin' your daughter?

Comment

Agreed. Lockers are not a requirement on Rowher as with a good line and disconnected anti-swaybar, it is possible to keep enough tires on the ground to keep moving. Personally, I don't like using my lockers unless absolutely necessary.

This proved to be my downfall on RockPile in Moab, where I had *one* chance to get it up and didn't have my lockers on.*grrr*

Anyways, Rowher is a nice beginner trail.
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                Anyways, Rowher is a nice beginner trail.
                Yea, it's close to home for me, I think I'm burning it out.
                I need to make big bear on the 30th.

Comment

OK. SO I am all alone for Saturday at Rowher. I won't show up unless someone else posts and says that they will be there Saturday at 9 a.m. or so.
                  92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Cbremer, I will be @ Rowler Flats (AKA: Olde Area 51) on SUNDAY with a group from Aftershocks 4WD if you are still up for it. Going to have breakfast first at the Cocos Sand Cyn. exit I-14 with the Aftershocks. Will be there bright tailed and bushy eyed 9:30AM from the Stage area side. Lunch on the Boquet Cyn Res. side. Look for a Black 95 YJ on 35's and a Blue 87 with funky aftermarket rollbar mod on 33's. I will be on CB CH 33 and sometimes on Ch 4, I will also be on Ham 146.520 Simplex and FRS/GMRS UHF CH 5 (no PL/Security tone). You may also see a white TJ on 35's W/Black Hard Top along with a silver early Bronco sittin on D60 axles (can't be missed). There may also be a 91 Sahara with a large rack on the top sittin' on 33's. Any one of these guys will be in radio contact and most likely we will be in a caravan or something.
                    As far as the Dusy/Ershim-Swamp Lake trip in August, I will have finalized dates as per the poll here and elsewhere by the 20th. Hope any of you who were unable to do the Rubicon may consider going.

........and remember: "Quit Yer' Job & Go Wheelin'!"

Rubicon Rick
                    Last edited by RangerRick; 07-16-04, 02:42 PM. Reason: info
                    " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
                    Rick W6RE

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler
                      OK. SO I am all alone for Saturday at Rowher. I won't show up unless someone else posts and says that they will be there Saturday at 9 a.m. or so.
                      Paul, I'll be there. In fact I'm going both days, whippee. So unless I hear different I'll my you and anyone else @ 9am Bouquet Canyon. My Jeep is Black & Tan (that was easy) hard top, lifted, 31" BFG AT's. I'll contact you via cell when in route.

See you tomorrow, B&T TJ

Anyone going Sunday (8:30-9:00am same place) let me know and I'll look for you.

Comment

Tom:

Great. See you tomorrow at 9 a.m. I have a white YJ with a snorkel. I will be on Ch. 4. See you then.
                        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Paulhead, Picking her up a 91 honda civic, 120,000 miles, orig owner, ice cold ac, clean, non smoker, for 1,000, Its for my 16 yo daughter, Im gonna talk sweet to the wife, (I might even give in and let her have her way with me LOL LOL , and see if she minds, somebody give me a call tommorow if quit a few gonna show up, so i can get directions to meeting place, 661-406-4128, ED, I got the disconects on now so can try that, and have done last chance and had fun.. Hope I can make it as my son wants to also........
                          04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                          4" rough country springs
                          1" Currie MML/BL
                          33"BFG MT's
                          Lock-rite in the front

Comment

somebody give me call if quite a few gonna show up for sunday run, (Didnt specify in post), I may even be able to get a friend to take his jeep out sunday also...
                            04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                            4" rough country springs
                            1" Currie MML/BL
                            33"BFG MT's
                            Lock-rite in the front

Comment

somebody give me call if quite a few gonna show up for sunday run, (Didnt specify in post), I may even be able to get a friend to take his jeep out sunday also...

Looks like I'll be there with another friend in his mostly stock WJ Grand. PM me if you'd like with a cell or home number. I think we'll be shooting for a 9:00am meet. I'll post the final plan later this afternoon, I'm on my way to meet up with Paul Tyler and run the trail today.

B&T TJ

Comment

Paulhead, Picking her up a 91 honda civic, 120,000 miles, orig owner, ice cold ac, clean, non smoker, for 1,000, Its for my 16 yo daughter, Im gonna talk sweet to the wife, (I might even give in and let her have her way with me LOL LOL , and see if she minds, somebody give me a call tommorow if quit a few gonna show up, so i can get directions to meeting place, 661-406-4128, ED, I got the disconects on now so can try that, and have done last chance and had fun.. Hope I can make it as my son wants to also........
                                Sounds like a good deal, Hondas run forever. Looks like I'm out for today and tomorrow, too much stuff going on here at home. Gonna try to make Big Bear here on the 30th. Big Bear

Comment

Working...
                                X