Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official NON-Rubicon Trail Run

those of you (like me) that aren't able to make the rubicon run.... what's going on? anyone feel like running Miller Jeep Trail or Rowher Flats?

let's do it!

c'mon meow... i find hard to believe that everyone's going to rhe Rubicon and nobody wants to go play in the dirt locally for a few hours

how does sunday sound?

:hat:

Comment

Sunday will work for me, I have to make sure that I get my fuel problems straightened out though. I will let you for sure on Saturday.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

I was thinking about futzing around in the mudpits at Azusa Canyon. Never been there and it is fairly close.

My brother is in town and I thought I'd give him a bit of wheeltime in a controlled situation.

He is thinking about getting a 4 wheeler, but it is a...Discovery :embarasse

Plus it is pretty close to the shooting range so we can bust some clays too. :shade:
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Chuck

I may be wheeling the XJ on Miller's Saturday or going up to the Sequoia's to do some trails in the Greenhorn's east of Bakersfield.
          Depends on how much work I finish this week, I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I can join a run on Saturday. Miller would be OK with me.
            92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Tell me more about the mud pit. Is there mud in it this time of year?

Originally posted by jmbrowning
              I was thinking about futzing around in the mudpits at Azusa Canyon. Never been there and it is fairly close.

My brother is in town and I thought I'd give him a bit of wheeltime in a controlled situation.

He is thinking about getting a 4 wheeler, but it is a...Discovery :embarasse

Plus it is pretty close to the shooting range so we can bust some clays too. :shade:
              92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

From CETROV's website

Not sure if there is much mud there now, but I don't think that is what my brother is after anyways. Just an hour or two of wheeling, clays, beers, brats, and home.
                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Come on out to phoenix....we're running upper woodpecker and possibly upper ajax on Saturday.

no whining about the long drive though.....
                  olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                    those of you (like me) that aren't able to make the rubicon run.... what's going on? anyone feel like running Miller Jeep Trail or Rowher Flats?

let's do it!
                    I was thinking of going to Rowher on Sat. if I can round up someone else. Probably run the trail in both directions starting from Bouquet Cyn., let's say 10:00 am trail head?

B&T TJ

Comment

What is degree of difficulty?? I only have 2" cheapo lift and 31's, I cant do it saturday but if some up for sunday I would be up for it.. Only have one day off a week so kinda limited.

Bremer, was in your neck of the wood last night, (Aviation and artesia blvd) Not a exciting part of town to sit for 4 hours waiting on road repair truck,..
                      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                      4" rough country springs
                      Nth degree arms upper and lower
                      1" Currie MML/BL
                      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                      33"BFG MT's
                      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

looks like there are a few for saturday... too bad i can't make saturday

if sunday doesn't work out i guess i'll just have patiently wait for big bear next weekend

Comment

I'll do Rowher, but lets meet at 9 a.m. on Saturday That will be better for me actually because it is shorter than doing Millers. So Black & Tan TJ and me and anyone else who is interested, we will meet at 9 a.m. sharp at the bottom of Bouquet Cyn on Saturday morning.

For anyone who has not done Rowher, it is very rocky and very steep. It is about as steep as it gets. I have seen guys with no locker do fine, but I would not want to do it fully open. 31s will make it but I really suggest a locker as I only have a 4 banger which is not the best for strapping others. Also, if you get stuck on the steep part or end up getting sideways it is a long way to the bottom.

See you at 9 a.m. on Saturday 7-17-04. My cell phone is 805-889-9000.

Paul Tyler

Comment

Sounds good Paul. There's a couple more Paul's I know I'm trying to get out there too. I'll PM you with my cell#, it probably will be closer to 9:30am though.

B&T TJ

Comment

9:30 it is. See you then.

Comment

Working...
                              X