Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That video really captured the steepness of the climb!
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

We climbed up out of Placer Gulch and ran the ridge between Placer and Picayne Gulches. We went down Picayne Gulch.

Heading down

Bonnie Belle Cabin

Treasure Mountain Mining Company

More Picayne Gulch photos can be seen here

To be continued...
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

At the bottom of Picayne Gulch we turned left on CR2. We took CR2 to California Gulch. We took California Gulch to the 3 way intersection with Poughkeepsie Gulch and Hurricane Pass. We took Hurricane Pass

Lake Como from Hurricane Pass

Hurricane Pass 12,730'

Hurricane Pass trail

Old mine structure

More Hurricane Pass photos can be seen here

To be continued...

Comment

There is a spur off Hurricane Pass that leads to two overlooks. The first overlook has vistas of the top of Eureka Gulch. The second overlook climbs to over 13,200' and has spectacular views of California Gulch, Gray Copper Gulch, Corkscrew Gulch, Ross Basin, Hurricane Peak, Hanson Peak and more. We took the Hurricane Pass Overlook Trail.

13,200'

We climbed another 100' to a little peak for a group picture at over 13,300'

Looking at California Gulch

Looking at Ross Basin & Grey Copper Gulch

I highly recommend looking at the whole Hurricane Pass Overlook album

To be continued...

Comment

After coming down Hurricane Pass we took the right fork to Corkscrew Gulch and quickly took the next right fork to Gray Copper Gulch

The trail in

The view West

The view East (my favorite photo of the trip)

More Gray Copper Gulch photos can be seen here

To be continued...

Comment

https://vimeo.com/47798840
              Last edited by RAT; 08-18-12, 09:59 PM.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

After visiting the lakes on Gray Copper Gulch we turned around and headed back to Corkscrew Gulch. We took Corkscrew Gulch West to Highway 550. It was the last trail of the day.

To be continued...

Comment

On Saturday August 11 we were down to 5 rigs as many of our group had started to head for home. Our first trail of the day was Kendall Mountain

Molas Pass & Molas Lake from Kendall Mountain

Silverton & the Million Dollar Highway from 12,700' on Kendall Mountain

Meadow on Kendall Mountain

Just another boring lunch location. Nothing to see here

More Kendall Mountain photos can be seen here

To be continued...

Comment

Wow... this truly looks like an amazing trip! I am sorry I missed it. Hopefully next trip to CO I will be able to join!!!

Comment

• After coming down off Kendall Mountain we turned right on CR2 for a few miles and then headed up Arrastra Gulch

Arrastra Gulch is home to the Mayflower Mine, Mill & Tramway

Arrastra Gulch was the steepest climb of the whole trip.

Avalanche barrier to protect the tram tower

Dino checking a destination off his bucket list

More Arrastra Gulch photos can be seen here

To be continued...

Comment

• Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                        Wow... this truly looks like an amazing trip! I am sorry I missed it. Hopefully next trip to CO I will be able to join!!!
                        I probably won't be going back until 2015. We spent a year planning this trip. If you are serious about going start planning now for next August. All the information you need is on this forum and anyone involved with this trip would be glad to help you out.

Comment

• After coming back down Arrastra Gulch we turned right on CR2 and went up the road a few miles to Maggie Gulch

Waterfall in Maggie Gulch

To be continued...

Comment

• Some random pictures from camp

Rainbow

A statewide campfire ban was in put in place in May but we got lucky and the ban was lifted in mid July. We had a campfire every night.

Lots of hummingbirds. We had to refill the feeder every day.

More camp photos can be seen here

To be continued...

Comment

• On Sunday August 12, 2012 we broke camp and headed for home.

We stopped at Mesa Verde National Park

Balcony House

Cliff Palace

More Mesa Verde photos can be seen here

Sunset Rainbow near Cortez, Colorado

Comment

• Doug and the gang great pics, sure looks like a visit to god's country

Comment

Working...
                                X