X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: MJR Meet and Greet in Big Bear - June 23 - Adopt-A-trail

Hi all,
    In an effort to bolster our adopt a trail membership and expose more of you volunteer types out there to the wonderful world of volunteering with the SBNF, MJR is sponsoring a first ever AAT meet and greet at the Big Bear Discovery Center starting at 9am on Saturday, June 23rd, 2012.

Greg Hoffman, AAT/OHV liason and a very good freind of the MJR AAT group will be on hand to give you a chance to speak with "the" forest ranger in Big Bear about what we do, why we do it and how you can help. We will talk to you about the program, what our goals are, what we've accomplished thus far, and how you can become involved. After a Q&A session with Greg, we will saddle up and head to 3N93 (Holcomb Creek trail) to run the trail and have lunch.

Along the way we will stop and show you what we have done over the years since the Butler II fire wiped out the area, and what we have on tap in the coming months.

NOTE: We need folks of every ability and size to help out. We have folks from 18 to at least 60 working with us and everyone finds something that they can do. Even if you have no special talents, or maybe are not in the best of shape but still want to do something fun in the forest that helps keep our public lands open for everyone's enjoyment, please come and see what the AAT program has to offer.

You will want to bring a lunch and a cooler full of water as it will be warm in the mountains even though we will be above 6000' for a good part of the day. Bring your cameras too, there is still much beauty to behold, even though the fire took most of the old growth trees from us.

Again, the date is June 23, the time to meet is 9 am, and the place is the discovery center in Big Bear, which is located on the South shore of Big Bear Lake at:

40971 North Shore Drive/ Hwy 38 Fawnskin, CA 92333
    (909) 382-2790
    If you have any questions feel free to post them up here and I will answer them for you.

[ROLL]622[/ROLL]

We hope to see you up in the pines!
    Last edited by sarah; 06-13-12, 09:33 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

This is a great opportunity to see what the AAT volunteer program is all about. Whether this type of thing is what you want to do or not, this is a great chance to meet some of the MJR folks and to meet the Forest Service representative that works very hard to keep the trails open for us to play on. Come on out!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

I was wondering how to get involved with this type of work. I love wheelin in a clean environment. I will see if we have plans that Saturday. If I don’t make it Thanks to all the volunteers who do their part to keep the trails open and clean and clear to run.
      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

This is a great idea...thanks.

I am very interested in this; I'll do what I can to meet with you folks on this meet. I don't know if I will be able to do a run yet (recovering from surgery) but I am definitely interested to meet this group and get involved in this great cause. :thumbs_up

I would also like to have my 17 year old son come out and get involved with this.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
          I am very interested in this; I'll do what I can to meet with you folks on this meet. I don't know if I will be able to do a run yet (recovering from surgery) but I am definitely interested to meet this group and get involved in this great cause. :thumbs_up

I would also like to have my 17 year old son come out and get involved with this.
          Absolutely! If he is interested bring him along. Hope your recovery is quick and complete and that we will see you in Big Bear.

Comment

Yes Bernie!! That way I have someone to camp with on the work days Day trips for work to BB are too much for me driving from Ventura! We'll camp, work the next day, camp out that night and wheel sunday
            Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
              I was wondering how to get involved with this type of work. I love wheelin in a clean environment. I will see if we have plans that Saturday. If I don’t make it Thanks to all the volunteers who do their part to keep the trails open and clean and clear to run.
              That is the nice thing about this being a volunteer organization; you don't have to show up to every work day or AAT meeting. You go when you can and there is no pressure if you can't. It's about making this fun, while getting some much needed work done in the forest. I can't imagine a better place to work than a trail in the San Bernardino Mountains. And in order to get to where the work is, you get to drive a really fun black diamond trail! Pretty cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                Yes Bernie!! That way I have someone to camp with on the work days Day trips for work to BB are too much for me driving from Ventura! We'll camp, work the next day, camp out that night and wheel sunday
                Camping, volunteering and wheeling all in one weekend--I like the way you think girl!! That sounds like a plan. :smile:

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]Sounds like some interest! It's a great program and it keeps OUR trails open. Being a part of AAT has really helped me understand just what it takes to fight for our sport and keep public lands open to you and I.

If you're even a little interested in going, be sure to sign up on the roster. If you're not sure if you can make it yet, just put yourself down as a "maybe", and change it later when you know for sure. Greg's time is in high demand and we want to be sure we have as accurate a head count as possible.
                  If you're not sure your rig will make it through Holcomb, just ask. Remember it is a black diamond trail, but the AAT members have been up and down that trail hundreds of times and we can probably get just about any rig through there by now.
                  A stock JK made it last week...you'll probably be ok. :devil:
                  [/COLOR]
                  Last edited by USMC 0369; 06-08-12, 01:29 PM.
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    [COLOR="sienna"]Sounds like some interest! It's a great program and it keeps OUR trails open. Being a part of AAT has really helped me understand just what it takes to fight for our sport and keep public lands open to you and I.

If you're even a little interested in going, be sure to sign up on the roster. If you're not sure if you can make it yet, just put yourself down as a "maybe", and change it later when you know for sure. Greg's time is in high demand and we want to be sure we have as accurate a head count as possible.
                    If you're not sure your rig will make it through Holcomb, just ask. Remember it is a black diamond trail, but the AAT members have been up and down that trail hundreds of times and we can probably get just about any rig through there by now.
                    A stock JK made it last week...[COLOR="red"]you'll be probably be ok[/COLOR]. :devil:
                    [/COLOR]
                    Now you've made it more enticing? :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                      Now you've made it more enticing? :haha:
                      [COLOR="sienna"]With my horrible proof reading skillz? :wink:[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                        [COLOR="sienna"]With my horrible proof reading skillz? :wink:[/COLOR]
                        I would be the last one to point out proof reading or spelling skills. It's like--"Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone."

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]Hope to meet you up there on the 23rd! It's may be a haul for ya, but it will be a great day and I'm probably not the only one that's going to camp.[/COLOR]

Comment

I am planning a trip up to BB the following weekend with a friend (Lorie) and others perhaps, we plan on camping that weekend (29 - 1) so I doubt I'll be camping on the 23rd. However, I will look forward to meeting you as well, along with the others. BB is not far for me at all, so, I'll be coming back down at the end of the day.

Comment

It's about time I got my first of this year in. I like the camping idea. Any ideas where?

Comment

Working...
                              X