Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: APRIL 20th EeZy Camping & Wheeling weekend

Calling all Jeepoholics!

There's a group of us going to Hungry Valley to go putt around the trails. Hungry Valley is in Gorman off the 5 hwy. For those of you who don’t know, Hungry Valley is trail riding. There’s no rock crawling, no lockers required. Good place to get a feel for your Jeep b/c there is a practice area as well. Pronghorn, Vics Cat, Sterling and Quails Pass are probably my favorite trails out there..it’s really mild compared to Calico or BB but it’s still fun..I usually always see a lot of deer, bunnies and squirrels.

We’re going to be camped at Circle Canyon campground. It has the best views and it’s away from the main drag. It’s my favorite place to camp when I’m there. Plenty of room for RV’s and there is picnic tables and bathrooms; no showers. $5 or $10 to camp a night (I don't remember). Military is free.

I will be out there Friday around 4pm April 20th. I’m a white TJ, American flag flying driver, My Jeep Rocks windshield banner. Some of my other friends will be there a little later Friday.

If you plan on camping with us, we ask that everyone brings some wood. It’s chilly at night. (And the Honey Jack is always welcomed )

Ch 4 CB.

It’s going to be a chill weekend with good friends.. and hopefully new ones.

Lorie
    Jeep Girl

Looking forward to wheeling somewhere new!!

Let's see, a weekend camping with Jeeps, friends, nightly campfires, oh and of-course my HONEY to help keep me warm--how can it get any better?!?!

Sound like a nice relaxing weekend that Vanessa and I !will enjoy a lot.

We're all-in on this one. We look forward to meeting new (and old) MJR members!! !
    Last edited by WeRubiBlue06; 04-12-12, 03:18 PM.

Comment

DRAT! We will be in Colorado that week.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
        Let's see, a weekend camping with Jeeps, friends, nightly campfires, oh and of-course my HONEY to help keep me warm--how can it get any better?!?!

Sound like a nice relaxing weekend that Vanessa and I !will enjoy a lot.

We're all-in on this one. We look forward to meeting new (and old) !MJR members!! !
        Yay! There's like 8 or so of us so far..friends from WF as well.. George is comin too! It's definitely going to be a relaxing weekend. I'm looking forward to it too!

Originally posted by Quantumracer View Post
        DRAT! We will be in Colorado that week.
        Booooo!!!
        Last edited by I H8RDS; 04-09-12, 02:04 PM.
        Jeep Girl

Comment

I'll be up for the day to play around. Won't stay the night as I still have a bun in the oven at home, but I may hang out and have dinner for a bit since it is only 90 mins from the house
          "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Taphorn View Post
            I'll be up for the day to play around. Won't stay the night as I still have a bun in the oven at home, but I may hang out and have dinner for a bit since it is only 90 mins from the house

Cool Dan..I'll add ya to the list going on WF. Looking forward to meetin' ya! You'll want to be at our camp by 1000 Saturday Look for my yellow happy face flag!
            Jeep Girl

Comment

I'm 50/50. Will know by mid next week.

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post

Ummmm..errr, that's unacceptable Sky. hehehe You will be missed if you don't come!
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
                  And all this time we thought we were your friends...:sad:

Like Lorie said, you'll be missed if you don't go wheeling with us. Who is going to maintain the fire? You know if (Ms.--make it bigger) Lorie takes care of the fire we'll run out of wood Friday night.

Hope to see you there Skylar!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                    And all this time we thought we were your friends...:sad:

Like Lorie said, you'll be missed if you don't go wheeling with us. Who is going to maintain the fire? You know if (Ms.--make it bigger) Lorie takes care of the fire we'll run out of wood Friday night.Hope to see you there Skylar!!

LOL :hide:
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

It was Christmas in April at the house today. Anti-rock, GTS, rear bumper, and Under armor with th body lift and Novak shifter cable. I may not have it all installed this weekend but I am going to try. I'll test out what I can next weekend
                      "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

QUOTE=Taphorn;204302]It was Christmas in April at the house today. Anti-rock, GTS, rear bumper, and Under armor with th body lift and Novak shifter cable. I may not have it all installed this weekend but I am going to try. I'll test out what I can next weekend[/QUOTE]

Dude! Bada$$ !! :thumbs_up:gun: Can't wait to check it all out!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Taphorn View Post
                          It was Christmas in April at the house today. Anti-rock, GTS, rear bumper, and Under armor with th body lift and Novak shifter cable. I may not have it all installed this weekend but I am going to try. I'll test out what I can next weekend
                          Christmas indeed! :thumbs_up :tongue:

That sounds great, if you would like to try your Under Armor (from experience) Calico is a good place to test it. Although I haven't been there I hear CB is also a good place to test your under armor. I put on a Tera Flex engine oil skid as a quick fix (after I saw some damage to the oil pan) but I would like to get the Savvy Under Armor skids.

Comment

Dude! Bada$$ !! :thumbs_up:gun: Can't wait to check it all out!
                            I'll see how much I can get together this weekend. Anti rock is on, but I need to thread the links the rest of the way and cut them to about 4" length. Hopefully I can get the body lift and GTS done tomorrow along with putting in two ceiling fans and a light in the house. I might be online Saturday or Sunday begging for a hand on the under armor.
                            Last edited by Taphorn; 04-12-12, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Well Dan, you have my number. I am still learning to wrench; have my own tools, and if you don't mind having to give me direction, I'd be willing to crawl under your Jeep and give ya a hand. I know when I did my GTS, it was really a 2 person gig. They're bulky and heavy enough to make it a pain in the butt by yourself. I may be in El Segundo Saturday putting on my Savvy Antirock (I'm still waiting on confirmation) but Sunday is open.

Lorie

BTW- who'd you go with for your GTS? I went with Savvy.
                              Last edited by I H8RDS; 04-12-12, 05:54 PM.
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X