Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a couple of good posts on how to mount fenders and trim hood.

http://www.higherground4x4.com/2/diy...-mod-for-cheap

http://tbaja.net/forum/index.php?top...34232#msg34232
    Ever feel like you are the Lunch!

Comment

Originally posted by geocash View Post
      There are a couple of good posts on how to mount fenders and trim hood.

http://www.higherground4x4.com/2/diy...-mod-for-cheap

http://tbaja.net/forum/index.php?top...34232#msg34232
      I saw first one before and saved the pdf. Hadn't seen the second one, thanks!
      "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Originally posted by MY4D9WILLYS View Post
        Hey Rick, you did great. I'm glad my Jeep was there to stop that Land Rover for you lol! Well it looks like I'm getting some tube fenders now. Had a great time wheeling with you. Hope to see you on the trail soon!

Butch
        Yeah, that was some crazy s#1t! I'm glad it was only some minor damage. Hopefully he is paying for your new fenders.

When I saw that Rover sliding backwards I really thought it was going to slam into my side.

I still have no idea why they didn't just tow him the other way. There's no way they were going to tow him across there. He's damn lucky it started and he was able to drive across. I thought he was going off the side for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
          Hi Rick,

I hope to get the opportunity to wheel with you again Rick and try to have your wife and kids come along too, my wife would appreciate any excuse to relax in the RV and entertain rather than go on a 6 to 8 hour ride.

Bernie
          I've been trying to get my wife to go out more and not just because it would mean I would get to do more wheeling...

Just that the kids are 3 and 1 and can't really go with yet. I can't wait for them to get a little older and want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
            Yeah I think we all learned that when sitting back and observing potential carnage--park our Jeeps as far as we can.

The potential for bodily injury was very high, it was a close call for the girls that had just moved from safety to the exact path the LR took.
            My thoughts exactly! That whole situation freaked me out and made me go into paranoia mode. I used to be an EMT and although it still didn't end well, could've been a lot worse if he had hit a person...

Comment

Originally posted by clg82 View Post
              Yo Rick, It's me Chris! Great to see you out on the trails my friend....your 4 door did well.....i have some great video and pics of you in a couple of places as well, I will post up later....I know this isn't my thread but it was great meeting all of you as well......thanks for having me out there......
              Hell ya! POST THOSE!

Knowing my history, they'll be a good example of what NOT to do...

Your Jeep is my 3 yo favorite. All he cared about was that there was a red Jeep there.

ME: Here's another pic of daddy!
              Him: Show me the red one again!

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
                Hell ya! POST THOSE!

Knowing my history, they'll be a good example of what NOT to do...

Your Jeep is my 3 yo favorite. All he cared about was that there was a red Jeep there.

ME: Here's another pic of daddy!
                Him: Show me the red one again!
                LOL nice buddy! i'll post them up sometime tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by geocash View Post
                  FYI - BB Rattle Snake Canyon, we hit such bad head winds leaving Calico we passed on running at BB. Need to watch the snow melt and get up there. I agree that BB is a little far for a single run and definitely up for a multi day trip. I will have to put the arm on my buds with cabins.
                  So you rushed me out of Calico for nothing. lol

Comment

Too funny, I just got an order and machined three of these today. What timing.
                    "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Nice work. I'm gonna order one when I finish with the mods on my jeep, and figure out what to put on it.

Comment

LOL Perfect!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Run to Alvord Mine

Here's a few photos from our run out to the Alvord Mine (Photos by LeAnne):

One of the local residents:

Thanks to LeAnne, Jason, Eric & Jackie for making it a great day!!!
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Here's one video.

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=FILE0055.mp4

Comment

Working...
                            X