Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Hey MJR! (Calico IDTT 2012)

Hey MJR!

Just ran Calico Doran and Odessa with a bunch of you and had a great time! I was a bit freaked out at many points, glad to make it through with minor damage: torn rear driveshaft boot and steering a little out of whack.

Thanks to I H8RDS for the invite and to all the others for excellent coaching. You guys are a great group and I hope to run more trails with you and others. Names I can remember: Skylar, Chris, George (Geocash), Bernie, Butch(?).

I'm still pretty new to Jeeping, this was my 6th run. Some crazy stuff! We saw a broken down Land Rover Discovery that they were trying to two through Odessa. We watched as they were trying to tow it across 'Pucker Pass' and it came loose somehow and slammed into one of us. I was trying to get it on video, and of course, put the camera down for a couple seconds to read an email. That's when it came inches from side swiping me and crashed into the fender of one of our crew.

Definitely an action packed day! Thanks again to all that ran with us!

Here's some pics:

The first two weren't with us. The green one was a '68 CJ that was broken down. I hope I'm still Jeeping when I'm that age!

:beer:

http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Glad you enjoyed this impromptu get together, there will be another one next year.
    For what the rest of the whole bunch you camped out with see here

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...)-Trail-Report

Comment

Rick- you did awesome for your first crawl!! So glad you came out and joined us this weekend! Looking forward to the next one!

Lorie
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Hey suicideking - welcome aboard, glad you had a great trip! I'm going to move this thread to the "trail reports" section
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hi Rick! Welcome to forum!
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Rick, you did great. I'm glad my Jeep was there to stop that Land Rover for you lol! Well it looks like I'm getting some tube fenders now. Had a great time wheeling with you. Hope to see you on the trail soon!

Butch
            "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Did you mean--IN SPITE OF?

Hi Rick,

It was great NOT being the greenhorn any more, I thank you for that.

Let me also tell you, you did great out there, especially, for your first time—you followed spotting directions great and seemed to be able to trust us when we spotted you. However, I was wondering if in your original post here did you mean to write "in spite of” Lorie's coaching/spotting (IH8RDS)? I mean look what happens to me when I follow her directions…I get pined up on some of the largest boulders out there, but that’s OK I still like her. I loved (NOT) how she advised George (Geocash) to self extract himself with his winch from the very same rock (more like a boulder) that I have gotten stuck on once...okay, maybe twice. Yet, with me she immediately was laughing uncontrollably (along with Vanessa, my wife) and right away told Skylar he had to strap me from behind—what’s up with that Lorie? Is it just me or isn’t there something wrong with that? Didn’t feel the love there from you Lorie…:sad:

I hope to get the opportunity to wheel with you again Rick and try to have your wife and kids come along too, my wife would appreciate any excuse to relax in the RV and entertain rather than go on a 6 to 8 hour ride.

Bernie

Comment

"I mean look what happens to me when I follow her directions…"

Really Bernie? What's up with the diss? I think if you actually did follow, you wouldn't get hung up. How is it that I can make it every time with my 4 hamsters and you have "challenges" with 6 and driving a Rubi?? Feel free to take the lead anytime buddy!

Vanessa and I just needed an extra laugh that particular day..no hard feelings
                Jeep Girl

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]Welcome to MJR Rick! Lots a good people here, sounds like you got hooked up with a great group. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but I'm sure we'll cross trails sometime.

On a side note...is Lorie the unofficial recruiter for the site? Seriously how many new Jeeps have joined because her groups have assimilated them?
                  [/COLOR]:thumbs_up
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    [COLOR="sienna"]Welcome to MJR Rick! Lots a good people here, sounds like you got hooked up with a great group. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but I'm sure we'll cross trails sometime.

On a side note...is Lorie the unofficial recruiter for the site? Seriously how many new Jeeps have joined because her groups have assimilated them?
                    I sometimes wonder if Lorie's last name is The Borg lol
                    Lorie don't be bothered by what anybody says, I love your enthusiasm for our hobby

Comment

Faithful wheeling buddies--

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Lorie don't be bothered by what anybody says, I love your enthusiasm for our hobby
                      Hi Art,

Being that I'm not a Trekkie I don't understand the Borg reference so I won’t comment on that. However, I do know firsthand why she is so good at recruiting so many new members to MJR. It's her love for the sport and her outgoing personality that draws other wheelers who want to wheel with folks like her and her group (myself included). We don't like drama of any kind; just enjoy being with fellow wheelers that like to laugh, even if it means laughing at ourselves while wheeling. :haha:

Lorie--no diss my friend I am just (unsuccessfully) trying to hide or jokingly blame others (you) for my inexperience in this sport that we both love so much. You know I have wicked respect for you, your wheeling abilities and your 4 hamsters. If I didn't think you have lots to teach me I wouldn’t be one of your faithful wheeling buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                        Hi Art,

Being that I'm not a Trekkie I don't understand the Borg reference so I won’t comment on that. However, I do know firsthand why she is so good at recruiting so many new members to MJR. It's her love for the sport and her outgoing personality that draws other wheelers who want to wheel with folks like her and her group (myself included). We don't like drama of any kind; just enjoy being with fellow wheelers that like to laugh, even if it means laughing at ourselves while wheeling. :haha:

Lorie--no diss my friend I am just (unsuccessfully) trying to hide or jokingly blame others (you) for my inexperience in this sport that we both love so much. You know I have wicked respect for you, your wheeling abilities and your 4 hamsters. If I didn't think you have lots to teach me I wouldn’t be one of your faithful wheeling buddies.

I've been wheeling for a while; having a Yo-Yo for 10 years before the Jeep...they always keep telling me, my passion will die out or slow down. If anything, it has only gotten stronger.

Not sure what the Borg statement means ? I just want to wheel; and often. I am obsessed with it all I talk to everybody about it and MJR all the time..

And Bernie- Nuf said..
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Watch star trek and listen to the line We are the Borg and you will be assimilated

Comment

LOL this is for you none trekkies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

Comment

LOL Geesh Art..really? Hey, I do warn the guys I bring into MJR I am completely obsessed and like the tougher trails...They get a disclaimer

Thanks for the video Beau...I Never knew!! LOL
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X