Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtis View Post
    Beau what is the measurement to the top of your tub in the rear with the currie springs? Been thinking of getting some. Mine measures 49".

I am right at 50 inches no tire carrier. The rear spring are the heavy duty ones for use with a hard top so there is a bit of rake in my jeep since I pulled the carrier and dont have a hard top anymore. The only difference that might be a factor is the 1.25 body lift(not sure what you have), heavier weight of full corners and the height of the Krawler tires which were a bit taller than my km2's. Allthough it might equal out since I have a lighter aluminum savvy tank skid and underarmor now. I like how the springs rest in the upper rear bucket, with the pinion angle pointing so far up it tends to bow normal rear lift springs. The progressives the top coils are closer together so it not as noticeable. Shoot curtis just get coilovers I see you headed that direction anyway lol. BTW found out after reading the savvy lj build that the currie 4inch springs are actually 4.5-5.5 inches high which make sence they are pretty tall.
    Last edited by Jeeperator; 01-25-12, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Savvys LJ is nice, as money buys that, thats for sure.

But what about a station wagon? :-)
      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

I got the impression alot of parts were donated lol. Definatly be watching for you too Robert after seeing your build.

Comment

Currie is driving the jeep. So all the parts are probably advertising write off.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

No-coil overs? what if your truck came with coil overs from factory? I know a few IFS guys running 35's and the trails there just fine. Hmm I think it is another evil Jeep plot against us Yota guys...LOL

Comment

I'm headed out Saturday afternoon, home on Sunday after the race.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

made my list... going to bed now... will wake up at 4:30 and pack... hit road by 5:30 and meet yall by 8 ideally.

Game on!

B

Comment

Working...
                X