Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Helen,

I hope you both are okay. You and Harry are Off Road Icons!

Do you know if I am scheduled to still to lead a run?

Roger
    Roger, you are a peach!!!!!! Icons, WOW!!!! We're fine and so will Cal 4 Wheel be too. Hiccups happen

Here's the HDR Trailboss info: John Snell at jwsnell@earthlink.net.

Want to hear something funny? Because we drive a full sized pickup, yours is the only run that we can go on. Save us a spot.

Helen Baker

Comment

You bet'cha Helen! You guys can fall in right behind me!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

I'll be out there as well Roger. If you need an extra hand, give me a shout. Since you live so close this year, are you camping or going to drive out each day?

Comment

Jason, I've been debating on camping. I probably will be, I wouldn't want to miss out on the camp fire revelry. I was thinking of getting the MJR Banner from Sarah and staking out a camping area for MJR. Probably within walking distance of the only pit toilet.

A head count of MJR members camping would be helpful to determine the size of the area to mark.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the MJR crew!
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

This is happening on Memorial Day weekend,and not on Labor Day,right?
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Memorial Day weekend is correct. By my calendar, 3 weeks from today. <insert little jeeping icon here>

Roger, I will coming out early Friday morning. I probably wont set up my camp until I find out were the rest of the MJR group will be camped.

Comment

I'll be camping, I know me. So let's meet up at the Valero Station in beautiful downtown Lucerne Valley Friday morning. You name the time since you have the long drive. Sound like a plan?

Yes it's Memorial Day weekend!
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Well with Harry and Helen not heading up HDR, it looks like the leader has someone else scheduled to lead a run. It sounds like it will be similar to the route I planned. It might be a good weekend for me to find something else to do.
                  MJR moderator
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Thats too bad, I was hoping to see you there and possibly go on your run. Did the person in charge of coordinating runs back out also?
                    Come to the dark side.....
                    We have Cookies!

Comment

Okay, I got the official word. I will be leading a run. Russ Will be my tail-gunner & partner, as we pre-ran this trail together last month.

Here's the information I sent to the trail run cooridinator:

High Desert Roundup Fry Mtn. Run

Trail Location: Fry Mtns. – Johnson Valley

Run Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011

Start Time: 9:00 AM. A driver’s safety meeting will begin promptly at 9:00 AM

Trail Rating: Easy

Trail Description: This run will explore mines, remnants of a mining camp, as well as some of the historical aspects of the Fry Mountains. The trail is easy but with a few challenging sections that a stock 4x4 will be able to handle. It will be an all day run so bring a lunch and plenty of water. We will be going into at least one mine so bring flashlights for every member of your group. Sturdy boots are recommended. Please no, sandals or flip-flops.

Vehicle Requirements: Stock 4x4 in good mechanical shape. Recovery points front and rear and have a CB radio. Please note that even though the trail is rated easy, stock height vehicles with long overhangs beyond the axles may experience some difficulty, but with careful driving should do fine.

CB Channel: 04

Ham Radio: 146.550 MHz

Trail Leader: Roger Peterson – myjeeprocks.com

This information may be subject to change depending on any feedback I receive from the HDR Trail Cooridinator.

I have never been to this event before so I have no idea how many people will want to go.
                      MJR moderator
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Good deal Roger. I'll probably join you on this run. I've never explored this area before.
                        I haven't figured what time I'm heading out next Fri. I be in contact if you still wish to meet early Fri am. I think I'll be at the Valero by 9:30-10ish or later for the retired person of the two of us meeting if needed.

You will be quite amazed as to how many vehicles will sign up for the easier runs.

Comment

Jason, I'm an early bird. 9:30 or 10:00 is fine. Let me know as we get closer
                          MJR moderator
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            Okay, I got the official word. I will be leading a run. Russ Will be my tail-gunner & partner, as we pre-ran this trail together last month.
                            This is good news Roger.

Full size longbed pickup, crew cab. Maybe too much overhang.......hmmmmmmmmmm

Helen Baker

Comment

Originally posted by bakerhab View Post
                              This is good news Roger.

Full size longbed pickup, crew cab. Maybe too much overhang.......hmmmmmmmmmm

Helen Baker
                              No worries Helen! We'll get you through it! Kicking & screaming maybe
                              MJR moderator
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Leave no vehicles behind. No matter what size they are.

Is it me or did I just notice that the title of this thread puts this event 3 1/2 months from now. Should read Memorial Day

Comment

Working...
                                X