Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Hi Desert Round-Up - Labor Day Weekend

Hey Folks... Who's attending the Hi Desert Round-Up this year? Let's have a huge contingency of MJR people camping together and winning the prizes!

http://www.cal4wheel.com/events/hi-desert-round-up.html

May 27 - 30 at Anderson Dry Lake in Johnson Valley!

"The Hi Desert Round-up is a fund raising event for California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs Inc. The event is four days of off-roading, games, food and fun. The Hi Desert Round-up will now take place in Anderson Dry Lake in Johnson Valley. It is a popular fun-filled getaway weekend for singles, couples and families who enjoy camping, four-wheeling, playing games, winning prizes and just going out to relax away from the city. The terrain is from sandy to extremely rocky, from flat washes to monster hills so be prepared for some great four-wheeling fun!

[COLOR=#7c0a0c]Sign the Roll Call/View Up-To-Date Info[/COLOR]
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

I'll be there. BTW, Roger is leading a run to the Fry Mountain mines as part of HDR.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

I'm all for having an MJR Camping area!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

As of right now, I will be attending. I am looking forward to the new area.

Comment

Why did they leave the old spot?
          lg
          Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

I read that it seemed time for a location change. HDR used to be out towards Randsburg and I think it was known as the Randsburg Round Up. I don't know when they moved to Stoddard Valley but I'm sure with the lower turnout the event has been getting each year someone thought they might attract more people with a location change.

Comment

Has not been at R'burg in about 15 yrs. or more.
              LG
              Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

I might come up for the day and raffle, but no more camping for me until I get a trailer. Losing tents every outing and having to cut the trip short has got old.

Comment

So, does anyone have a preferred or recommended spot for the MJR campsite this year? If so, post up the coordinates... Thanks!
                  Regards,
                  Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

Comment

I'll be there too.
                    As for how long HDR has been in Stoddard, my son is 19 and he wasn't born yet when I attended my first one. I was told it had been there for a couple of years before me.
                    Come to the dark side.....
                    We have Cookies!

Comment

I will be there camping with my club On the Rocks. We are the club that has been running the Teeter Totter for close to the last ten years.
                      Rich

Comment

We should be there if my Rock Jock 60 for the rear of my TJ gets here in time and I get it in.

RallyeX

Comment

Cal 4 Wheel Needs Your Help...

From the cal4wheel website...

http://cal4wheel.com/latest-news/676...your-help.html

In a recent e-mail to the Board of Directors, South District Vice President Harry Baker expressed a desire to be relieved of duties involving CA4WDC events.

This decision has an immediate impact on Hi Desert Roundup, coming May 27-30 on Memorial Day weekend. Harry's decision leaves Hi Desert event in a critical position for the prospect of a successful event.

The South District has rallied to the cause and many individuals and clubs are stepping up to move the event forward. The prospect for a successful outcome seems much improved.

If any members or clubs would like to help, donate, attend, or assist in any way, please contact South District Secretary/Treasurer Val Henry, at dht2@verizon.netThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Raffle donations are also needed for the event. If you would like to donate, please contact Doug Hough at 909-210-7706 or doug@gad-zuks.com . Doug's mailing address is 8262 Leucite Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730.

To find out more or to register for HDR, please visit this link. We're looking forward to seeing you at the new location in the Anderson Dry Lake area of Johnson Valley.
                          Last edited by MyBrokenJeep; 05-03-11, 05:14 PM.
                          Regards,
                          Randy

Comment

Mark Cave, Cal 4 Prez., put those words in Harry's mouth. Nevertheless, HDR will go on under Mark's leadership.

Helen Baker
                            Last edited by bakerhab; 05-04-11, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakerhab View Post
                              Mark Cave, Cal 4 Prez., put those words in Harry's mouth. Nevertheless, HDR will go on under Mark's leadership.

Helen Baker
                              Helen,

I hope you both are okay. You and Harry are Off Road Icons!

Do you know if I am scheduled to still to lead a run?

Roger
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X