• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the miles we drove and the terrain it was on I think we did good
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      So the story on the Marble Bath is that several old maps from the 1900's had a geological feature marked on them named The Marble Bath. Many geologists have searched for the this mysterious feature but haven't found it.

But we did! I'd tell you where, but tradition requires that the location must be kept a secret. But it is an awesome feature, well worth the search:
      I had never heard about the Marble Bath until you found it last weekend. Found this page that has some history about the elusive feature
      http://www.4x4abc.com/G-Class/Death....rble-bath.html
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        I had never heard about the Marble Bath until you found it last weekend. Found this page that has some history about the elusive feature
        http://www.4x4abc.com/G-Class/Death....rble-bath.html
        Roger Mitchell's DV SUV Trails book was published in 2001 and states that the bath was originally placed by Dr. Wendell Moyer. The book states that the Park Service didn't share his sense of humor and removed it. (That would have had to have been after 1994, because that area wasn't a part of the Park until then.)

I found the same website that you did and after I read that, I realized that the Marble Bath was actually still there somewhere. That's what started my search for details on its location. I'm glad that we found it. I think that we need to encourage people to take blue marbles to the site like they do rocks for the Traveler's Monument on the Mojave Road.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

leave it to MJR to have all the cool stuff on an outing haha. when i web wheeled about the marble bath last winter i read that alot of people never find it. nice job!
          KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
            leave it to MJR to have all the cool stuff on an outing haha. when i web wheeled about the marble bath last winter i read that alot of people never find it. nice job!
            It's not obvious. Even when we were in the right area, I walked right by it. One of the kids with us found it.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Next Spring

What a cool place and trail report....I am saving up my vacation time and making plans to do that run in the spring....sooo frickin cool.....thx for sharin.....
              John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
              X